• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Looks like LRG is now selling an SNES pound cable. Just remember that you're getting what you pay for with these things. Sure, it'll look better than a composite cable, but it's by no means an accurate image.

My preferred (albeit expensive) solution is HD Retrovision cables plugged into an OSSC, but the Retrotink is also good. I prefer component cables to Scart because it's easier to support them in the US and because HD Retrovision makes fantastic cables.

Or, even better, just buy FPGA systems. I love both my Retrousb AVS and Super NT, and I'm looking forward to the Mega SG later this year.
Yeah the Pound cable is pretty poor. When even Metal Jesus Rocks posts a video clearly showing the poor colour reproduction then you know it's a waste of time.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why they want to associate themselves with these low quality, low effort cables.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Honestly the only cable like this I'd want to have is an N64 one since the damn thing doesn't work on an Elgato due to the resolution being too low unless it's one of those odd crappy games like Star Wars racing. Anything to make the signal not black out whenever it changes in 99% of the games of the library, so I could actually stream them would be good enough for me.

emcee80

Oct 25, 2017
Man, they could have said how many flip grips they were carrying on the site. I didn't know it was 100 (according to Twitter) or I'd have logged in the moment the games went live instead of going "well, it's all preorders today, I can just login at any time".

This! Same problem for me. I avoided using FanGamer directly because of customs charges. Sucks because I remembered at 10:03 then got distracted. My fault on that ha. Shiny...

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Yes..but they won't be releasing it physical so I am really hoping that LRG can pick this up.

I won't entirely rule it out, since they've made inroads with Naughty Dog by way of Jak and Daxter, but I think an old Japanese company like Square Enix is going to still be a harder get atm. I remember Douglas or Josh saying that business culture over in Japan are very traditional. They still prefer to send contracts by paper instead of email. If your not well known, as in good reputation and good connections, most big names aren't going to want to deal with you. Limited Run Games has come a long way since its started, but I'm not quite sure they're at the level where Square wants anything to do with them. I forget what big name they reached out to, but they didn't even get a response. That might have been a couple years ago now though. Doesn't hurt to try and see I guess.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Honestly the only cable like this I'd want to have is an N64 one since the damn thing doesn't work on an Elgato due to the resolution being too low unless it's one of those odd crappy games like Star Wars racing. Anything to make the signal not black out whenever it changes in 99% of the games of the library, so I could actually stream them would be good enough for me.
The best output a non-modified N64 can do is s-video so you should look into either RGB modding it if you already have something like the OSSC to upscale it or get an UltraHDMI installed in the N64 and make it even simpler.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Currently figuring out the best way to process old holds with our shipping lead. Our original plan was just to automatically release everything on hold, basically the first order you place this year acts as a "ship items" but doesn't tie those old holds to your new order, we just pull the shipping address for that.

Either, we'll periodically go through and process bundles that are in the database as games that are in manufacturing come in and ship out, or we will create a new order that will show up on your account that lists everything you have on hold so it can be easily referenced.

It will likely be the last one since that gives folks the most information and if there are any errors so far as what we have databased and what customers have placed on hold. The only caveat to that, is when we create the new order, those games will then award digital points instead of being sent with physical tickets. I know some folks are a few tickets away from a game redemption though, so in those cases we'll do some kind of combined reward redemption for the tickets you have on hand, plus some digital points. Something, so that we can get those processed for folks for the older reward options that are not available in the digital system. I hope that makes sense, it's a little convoluted.

Just wanted to say I've been critical of your guys over a few things in the past but to the inverse of that I have to give you props for the way you're handling this ticket to point switch over. It sounds like a giant headache and you're obviously trying to do right by people. Good on you, guys.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Picked up Sundered, Windjammers and Celeste. Really started to move the collection towards Switch stuff.

Hard to say. While I love Risky's Revenge, it's a much smaller game than Pirate's Curse, and Wayforward may not feel the need to release it again.
Sometimes it sure feels like EVERY Limited Run PS4 is coming to Switch sooner or later....
I honestly think so!

Alright cool. Well I hope it makes it makes the jump.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the whole pound cable thing blew up on Twitter, but I think it's important LRG sell these cables for what they are: a budget solution with significant compromises. It's unfair to compare it to a framemeister using a composite cable; compare it to one using scart or component and see what paying top dollar for the best quality gets you.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the whole pound cable thing blew up on Twitter, but I think it's important LRG sell these cables for what they are: a budget solution with significant compromises. It's unfair to compare it to a framemeister using a composite cable; compare it to one using scart or component and see what paying top dollar for the best quality gets you.

Thing is, why would LRG sell the cable? Are they going to become a retailer that sells everything? When they just mentioned changes to the hold orders because they can't ship everything in an orderly and timely manner? I just feel like some of these don't make a lot of sense.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Thing is, why would LRG sell the cable? Are they going to become a retailer that sells everything? When they just mentioned changes to the hold orders because they can't ship everything in an orderly and timely manner? I just feel like some of these don't make a lot of sense.

The easy answer is probably because pound gave them a significant margin to sell them, because they wouldn't get near the same exposure otherwise. I wouldn't want to speak for their intentions, though.

Josh has mentioned that they'd love to team up with companies that make higher quality products like HDRetro and Eon. I think this is fine, good even, but they need to make sure their messaging is right.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
The flip grip looks neat. Too bad I wasn't aware at all it was being sold :x

EDIT : it's apparently available again ? I won't pass a new order just for this but it's good news for those who missed it.

The new point system seemingly works fine for me ! It doesn't count everytime I connect, but it got my two recent orders right. And the rewards are on par with the old system (a game for $1000 although now you can't choose which one).

Great, thanks !

My preferred (albeit expensive) solution is HD Retrovision cables plugged into an OSSC, but the Retrotink is also good. I prefer component cables to Scart because it's easier to support them in the US and because HD Retrovision makes fantastic cables.

Or, even better, just buy FPGA systems. I love both my Retrousb AVS and Super NT, and I'm looking forward to the Mega SG later this year.

That must be why I haven't plugged my old SNES on the HD TV : I didn't understand anything you wrote Mattysaurus ^^

Last edited:

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
The flip grip looks neat. Too bad I wasn't aware at all it was being sold :x

EDIT : it's apparently available again ? I won't pass a new order just for this but it's good news for those who missed it.

The new point system seemingly works fine for me ! It doesn't count everytime I connect, but it got my two recent orders right. And the rewards are on par with the old system (a game for $1000 although now you can't choose which one).

Great, thanks !

That must be why I haven't plugged my old SNES on the HD TV : I didn't understand anything you wrote Mattysaurus ^^

Oh man, I don't think anyone has ever called me by my handle before. That was weird.

If you're ever interested in the subject, I highly suggest you check out my life in gaming on YouTube. They do a really great job of explaining how to get the best quality image out of old game consoles.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Haha thanks, if they make it palatable for a newb like me in retrogaming, then I'll definitely check this channel :)

I've just received an LRG package and guess what ? I'm at exactly 39 tickets x)
I don't think I need to worry yet though, since I have an older order containing Pixeljunk Monsters 2 that's being stuck and that should bring me the missing tickets.

By the way : won't LRG ever communicate again about the size of preorder's print run ?
I tend a list tracking the quantities of each game, and it's missing an increasing number of ... numbers.

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i guess this is both an on-topic and off-topic question but has anyone internationally gotten any of the delivery tracking android apps to work with the tracking codes that LRG give out? i've checked the ascendia website listed in the email and i get atleast some tracking info but any of the apps i've tried using have no updates like it's a dead tracking number

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
i guess this is both an on-topic and off-topic question but has anyone internationally gotten any of the delivery tracking android apps to work with the tracking codes that LRG give out? i've checked the ascendia website listed in the email and i get atleast some tracking info but any of the apps i've tried using have no updates like it's a dead tracking number

I've never got the Ascendia tracking numbers to work, no

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK

The tracking numbers don't always update right away since they're just generated but eventually they'll work as long as you don't click through the LRG link, you have to go to https://www.asendiausa.com/tracking/ and put the tracking number in yourself. Asendia in the UK deliver with MyHermes so eventually when it gets to this side the Asendia website usually puts another tracking number on there which you can also go to the Hermes website to track.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Just a minor shout: if anyone accidentally ordered more than one copy of Cosmic Star Heroine for switch, my brother would be interested in it (only at cost, he's not into paying more). He thought the preorder was for a full month and missed out :/

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I just got Iconoclasts in the recent steam sale, and now I see that Limited Run is doing it! Arrghh! Not sure if I'll get it on Switch or Vita, is there a big diff between the two versions?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Neurovoider Vita is still available. Could've spared 300 copies from that one to another game that might not make the cut.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Iconoclasts - January 18th
PS4 - 3000 copies
Vita - 3000 copies
Switch - open pre-orders until February 1st

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, also:

Confirmed. Pass from me - charming game, but no desire for a physical release personally.

Interesting that they're still working with Curve it seems?

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017

The 18th is gonna be an expensive day for me. Danmaku, Celeste, Tacoma, and Iconoclasts. Proteus looks cute but no desire to own.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
There's 40 copies left and it's Monday afternoon. I think 300 is a bit keen :P

It had that much available at Saturday night. I mean, it could have a thousand more copies and it'd sell out eventually, the point here is that whoever really wanted it, ordered on the sale day, and whatever copies were left the next day could've been better allocated to another title.

And if we're down to only having few thousands of Vita carts left, Proteus is a game that I (and I guess a lot of people) absolutely didn't need. Give me higher profile titles with more copies available like Iconoclasts than more smaller, niche and not so interesting titles with less copies available.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
It had that much available at Saturday night. I mean, it could have a thousand more copies and it'd sell out eventually, the point here is that whoever really wanted it, ordered on the sale day, and whatever copies were left the next day could've been better allocated to another title.

And if we're down to only having few thousands of Vita carts left, Proteus is a game that I (and I guess a lot of people) absolutely didn't need. Give me higher profile titles with more copies available like Iconoclasts than more smaller, niche and not so interesting titles with less copies available.

But... you posted this at 11.54 today? :P

I don't think the bolded is true either. I'm sure people are enjoying not to have to scramble for the last few titles. Not being a diehard collector doesn't mean you don't still want a physical copy of the game.

Can't disagree with Proteus too much though. Don't want to badmouth it too much because I'm sure there are people out there who like it. It is a very charming, cute game but just not the kind of thing I want on physical media.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
But... you posted this at 11.54 today? :P

Had it sold out on Saturday, at least there'd be that merit.

Honestly, shave off 100-400 copies of every single upcoming game and you can publish another two to three titles, maybe even more. At the same time, if those two to three titles are games like Proteus... Keep those 100-400 copies allocated as planned.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
They try their best at spinning it, but in the end, no one would be saddened if this game wasn't preserved

it's all a matter of personal opinion, i personally don't care about the game or probably 60% of anything LRG has published but others somehow do

i guess i could say the same about Senran Kagura Bon Appetit, i see a lot of people calling it trash because they think it's just a titty game but i was glad to be able to get it physically

Jan 22, 2018
it's all a matter of personal opinion, i personally don't care about the game or probably 60% of anything LRG has published but others somehow do

i guess i could say the same about Senran Kagura Bon Appetit, i see a lot of people calling it trash because they think it's just a titty game but i was glad to be able to get it physically

Its a decent rhythm game, just sucks they had to edit the cover art

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Stromgly on the fence about "Proteus". I do like it but with my limited gaming budget I wouldn't want to buy it and have to miss out on some as of yet unannounced game this month because of it.

LimitedRunGames I would be so cool to get a full January schedule....at least a tentative one (of course something can always get delayed...that's way better than a short term accouncement ^^ )

I take it that this Friday is a break?

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list anywhere of every single LRG release in chronological/numerical order somewhere?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Isn't Proteus in the same vein as LSD Dream Emulator? Haven't played it, but it sounds and looks pretty neat.

Is this game particularly unliked, or do y'all just not want walking sim type games?