Status
Not open for further replies.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, they should remove the guns from Fortnite and only have building. You have to kill each other with the pick axe or fall damage.

Look how dumb that sounds. That's exactly what it's like when people say they should remove the one core mechanic (building) from the game.

16bits

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Making 1x1 towers is still trash, with how much they nerfed mobility. It's not meta anymore to do a 1x1 tower because you'll just die. Or you have to carry a flintlock.

Building is never getting removed, get over it really. If you don't like then the game isn't for you.

you are putting words in my mouth, I like building, building forts is in the name of the game!

however it used to be a balance, building high used to be a risk, with fall damage. The minute that was removed the balance was gone.

and those who build quickly, using mouse keyboard foot peddle macros etc have a huge advantage over stock pad players

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you are putting words in my mouth, I like building, building forts is in the name of the game!

however it used to be a balance, building high used to be a risk, with fall damage. The minute that was removed the balance was gone.

and those who build quickly, using mouse keyboard foot peddle macros etc have a huge advantage over stock pad players
Building high is still a risk which is why it sucks, the meta just changed

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of funny that high level Fortnite consists of like 60 people camping in their floor level 1x1s in a circle the size of a donut. It's what I imagine when people talk about the way building "used" to be or is "supposed" to be.

It takes two to tango when it comes to build fights. You don't have to engage the way they want you to by trying to see who reaches the sky first. You can just build a little maze at the bottom and force them to come to you. Build fighters are usually aggressive and will fall for the simplest of traps.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, they should remove the guns from Fortnite and only have building. You have to kill each other with the pick axe or fall damage.

Look how dumb that sounds. That's exactly what it's like when people say they should remove the one core mechanic (building) from the game.
And why not have a no-build mode for those that don't like building?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really see why there's a debate about whether building should be removed. It shouldn't. Building needs to be changed to minimise its current downsides. The building mechanics benefit those who play negatively, especially at lower skill levels. Turtling players aren't fun to play against and it is not only far harder to beat a turtle than it is to turtle. It also means that the game isn't remotely accessible for new players which might prove to be a fairly big issue for a game with such a large casual/kids audience as the problem gets worse and worse and worse.

There's no world in which it is reasonable for there to be a mechanic which allows you to instantly and cheaply create a wall that blocks all movement and damage and to be able to instantly and cheaply replace it should it get destroyed. It really wouldn't be that hard to change things so that the mechanics don't foster turtling while still allowing all of the mobility/traversal/aggression that it always has.
People who turtle already lost since they're stuck in that spot. Severely limiting offensive capabilities.

Because the map is explicitly made with the building in mind. Tons of tools as well as made with building in mind. A grappler is way less dangerous since you can build a platform right after using it instead of dying via fall damage. It's genuinely like asking why a Nintendo doesn't make specific levels with no platforming in Mario.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see why there's a debate about whether building should be removed. It shouldn't. Building needs to be changed to minimise its current downsides. The building mechanics benefit those who play negatively, especially at lower skill levels. Turtling players aren't fun to play against and it is not only far harder to beat a turtle than it is to turtle. It also means that the game isn't remotely accessible for new players which might prove to be a fairly big issue for a game with such a large casual/kids audience as the problem gets worse and worse and worse.

There's no world in which it is reasonable for there to be a mechanic which allows you to instantly and cheaply create a wall that blocks all movement and damage and to be able to instantly and cheaply replace it should it get destroyed. It really wouldn't be that hard to change things so that the mechanics don't foster turtling while still allowing all of the mobility/traversal/aggression that it always has.
There are plenty of ways to counter turtling, most recently the change that when you break a wall and if two players try to simultaneously build in a single spot (say, turtler and the one attacking the turtler), the game would choose (based on some fair odds) which player's wall/ceiling/floor is actually placed on the spot (so it's not always the turtler with R2/R1 held down who gets to place a wall/floor/ceiling), after which you could simply edit a hole into the structure and kill the one inside once luck favors you (usually doesn't take more than a 2-3 broken structures when the game gives it to you). There are also weapons that can get through repeated structure building of turtlers, so long as you actually shoot at the enemy that you can see behind structures and not just some empty spot.

And if you can't handle a single turtler in squad/non-solo modes, then you are not playing well for a squad. You just need two people shooting with an SMG, assault rifle or minigun from opposite directions and the turtler is beyond fucked.

The problem with "changing building" is that whatever changes they can & have tried to make (introduce a delay, make it so that explosives affect people within walls etc.) will eventually bring with it far more downsides that generally fuck up less skilled players & makes the game far more annoying to play for everyone on the receiving end than they improve the overall meta to be "fairer" for everyone or whatever you people want. Good players will always just change with the meta and I'd take the frankly relatively small number of excessive turtlers vs. being super easily fucked by anyone who can point a minigun in your general direction and rocket launcher being an auto-win for the ones lucky enough to find one.

In the early days, there was a penalty for building large forts.

the builder had the advantage of height, but they could be destroyed. I won a few games by destroying the base of towers and getting a fall death.

when they introduced bouncers, gliders, et al it gave an even greater advantage to builders.

this is the story of Fortnite, it's all about giving the best players the most advantages, and if anything comes along to affect that balance, they destroy it .

a recent example is the combat shotgun, streamers didnt like it as it levelled the playing field

and now snap to aim is gone, destroying any hope pad players had to level the field over mouse and keyboard players.
Combat shotgun didn't level anything. It was a ridiculously OP weapon with an insane rate of fire & reach. It benefitted pro players the most because if they got the jump on you, there was nothing to be done because they could get in three shots before you could even turn around to block them/shoot back. Pump is a bit too powerful but you could easily (half) miss and do little to no damage (doubly so when lag & RNGsus are not on your side and a hit to the chest did 30 damage) plus it's so slow to shoot that you can try to counter it pretty easily. Combat shotgun made the game far more monotonous because combat shotgun was all you needed in most situations aside from sniping people from afar.

I mean, it was so good that you could snipe people from the air way further away from you than should've been possible with a shotgun. The spread made it a better glider-counter weapon than many other weapons.

There have also been plenty of stuff added that help against builders (shockwave grenades, grappler, traps, explosives, certain vehicles).

Last edited:

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Because the map literally isn't designed for it.

People complaining about turtling really showing their recent lack of knowledge. I will straight up kill you (easily) if you try and turtle. It has never been easier to kill a turtler

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
They should bring in fortifying materials from StW for people who want to build actual forts (speaking mainly for squads here), so then you have a viable way to build a fort that doesn't just get shedded instantly.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Building needs to be balanced at least. It doesn't really make sense to me that the building mechanic is there to build forts (FORTnite) but due to the huge amount of materials you can have and the speed at which everything can be built, we end up with simple ramps and huge weird structures during a fight.

Snipers should penetrate wooden structures. I mean, what wins, a barret or 5 wooden walls.

idk, just brainstorming

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Building needs to be balanced at least. It doesn't really make sense to me that the building mechanic is there to build forts (FORTnite) but due to the huge amount of materials you can have and the speed at which everything can be built, we end up with simple ramps and huge weird structures during a fight.
It's not just there to build forts. Hel often times forts are detrimental as they just make you a huge target. The post battle abstract art is part of be fun.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's kind of funny that high level Fortnite consists of like 60 people camping in their floor level 1x1s in a circle the size of a donut. It's what I imagine when people talk about the way building "used" to be or is "supposed" to be.

It takes two to tango when it comes to build fights. You don't have to engage the way they want you to by trying to see who reaches the sky first. You can just build a little maze at the bottom and force them to come to you. Build fighters are usually aggressive and will fall for the simplest of traps.
Yep, exactly this.

I'm not bad at building but since sbmm was introduced I have found more players being able to outbuild me so I have simply changed up how I play, often dropping down and either destroying the tower or making them have to search for me instead of knowing exactly where I am. Got the drop on players looking for me many times because they simply aren't used to having to do that.

You need to think about what they would expect you to do and make sure you don't. Many good players are so focused on how they usually play that they will often get tripped up by small changes to how you react.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
A player is incredibly vulnerable when gliding. Slow movement speed and no way to defend themselves.

Sure, but you can still get away. At launch, building high was an insane risk.

Matches used to basically be won by the team who could build the best fort in the best position. Having C4 and sneaking inside enemy forts while they were distracted with other teams, and blowing it up from within was peak Fortnite for me.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of my last (which was a while ago) solo royale, where some guy tried to build battle me, I just hid under all his shit and made no noise for a while, then he went on to somebody else, giving me time to heal and backstab him when he was stuck in the storm because he was tunnel visioning his sick builds lmao

Build battles are mostly dumb showing off, the advantage you get is so fucking minimal. Being aware of your position, the storm etc, will always be worth more than pulling dumb edit tricks you learned on youtube

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
You burn through materials quickly if you have anyone even half competent against you. If you build too excessively, you're left with very little material for further build battles & defending yourself. In solo/duo/squads, you don't get all that much materials from breaking most things so that won't necessarily help you either, especially if your enemies have been lazy & don't have much material to leave behind after beating them and especially not in the late game when the stormsafe area is small and you usually can't spend 5 minutes hacking away at trees & shit..

And the mazes that are build during build fights (whether yours or from past fire fights that you've arrived to afterwards) are one of the best parts of Fortnite. Maneuvering around & through them in a cat & mouse game is really fun, keeping track of your enemies by the sound of their movement (& visuals) & trying to outplay/-maneuver them. That's not something that any other game offers.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, but you can still get away. At launch, building high was an insane risk.
Most people aside from the highest level players never built forts that high until the very very end where it was 1v1. Most stuck to smaller structures so it was never really a super high risk tactic for anyone but people who painted a target on themselves.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Most people aside from the highest level players never built forts that high until the very very end where it was 1v1. Most stuck to smaller structures so it was never really a super high risk tactic for anyone but people who painted a target on themselves.
Yeah, especially since you kind of start to learn when people might have retreated to hack away at the structure to drop you down and can just start quickly making your way down as well. Or you hear a rocket flying at your structure, you do the same.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
There are plenty of ways to counter turtling, most recently the change that when you break a wall and if two players try to simultaneously build in a single spot (say, turtler and the one attacking the turtler), the game would choose (based on some fair odds) which player's wall/ceiling/floor is actually placed on the spot (so it's not always the turtler with R2/R1 held down who gets to place a wall/floor/ceiling), after which you could simply edit a hole into the structure and kill the one inside once luck favors you (usually doesn't take more than a 2-3 broken structures when the game gives it to you). There are also weapons that can get through repeated structure building of turtlers, so long as you actually shoot at the enemy that you can see behind structures and not just some empty spot.

I'll admit that I haven't played since that change but at various points over the last however many months it has been completely impossible to damage someone who is plonking down the same wall over and over again. Even when it has been possible to occasionally hit them through the walls, the balance of that is so out of whack it's ridiculous. You're shooting effectively blind and hoping that your bullet squeezes through during a few milliseconds before a wall happens to begin (and latency does affect this). Your ammo is far more expensive than their materials are in this situation so while you can try shooting through it you're only playing into their hands. It's no longer really the meta but we went through a long period with the pump/double pump where it was a viable strategy to just turtle, force people to engage you at close range, and then engage in a 50-50 shotgun battle.

And if you can't handle a single turtler in squad/non-solo modes, then you are not playing well for a squad. You just need two people shooting with an SMG, assault rifle or minigun from opposite directions and the turtler is beyond fucked.

Yes. In a really trivial example and completely ignoring all possible complications, you can easily beat a turtler if you can surround them while they want to die in a 1x1 box.

The problem with "changing building" is that whatever changes they can & have tried to make (introduce a delay, make it so that explosives affect people within walls etc.) will eventually bring with it far more downsides that generally fuck up less skilled players & makes the game far more annoying to play for everyone on the receiving end than they improve the overall meta to be "fairer" for everyone or whatever you people want. Good players will always just change with the meta and I'd take the frankly relatively small number of excessive turtlers vs. being super easily fucked by anyone who can point a minigun in your general direction and rocket launcher being an auto-win for the ones lucky enough to find one.

Perhaps they should stop making ill-conceived bodge-fixes as opposed to a more considered, more fundamental change. To be honest I think the horse has bolted now anyway. They made some major design mistakes in the first year after launch and they failed to stand up to the loud minority that resisted necessary change (to the degree that it took them months to get on top of the double pump exploit). Personally I doubt it is the smart path forward for the game. It is deeply remniscent to me of the way Epic decided to legitimatise wall-bouncing in Gears of War which has ultimately lead to what was a multiplayer behemoth becoming extremely niche over the years.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017

Because the game is literally built around that one core mechanic? From the map, to the traversal, it's all built with being able to build in mind. Take that away and you'll have to rework the entire game and you'd be left with nothing but a bare-bones, generic TPS.

Why not remove jumping from Mario? Or the abilities from Apex Legends? Etc.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
So many Fortnite streamers are watching highlight vids and catching feels. It hasn't been 24 hours and people are already missing this game. lol

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Because the game is literally built around that one core mechanic? From the map, to the traversal, it's all built with being able to build in mind. Take that away and you'll have to rework the entire game and you'd be left with nothing but a bare-bones, generic TPS.

Why not remove jumping from Mario? Or the abilities from Apex Legends? Etc.

Yeah I can subscribe to this.

A no building mode would be completely fine. I literally never build outside the odd occasion to get to a house rooftop and I do ok.

But in the end, it would only me an optional mode. They would t have to do anything to the game.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'll admit that I haven't played since that change but at various points over the last however many months it has been completely impossible to damage someone who is plonking down the same wall over and over again. Even when it has been possible to occasionally hit them through the walls, the balance of that is so out of whack it's ridiculous. You're shooting effectively blind and hoping that your bullet squeezes through during a few milliseconds before a wall happens to begin (and latency does affect this). Your ammo is far more expensive than their materials are in this situation so while you can try shooting through it you're only playing into their hands. It's no longer really the meta but we went through a long period with the pump/double pump where it was a viable strategy to just turtle, force people to engage you at close range, and then engage in a 50-50 shotgun battle.
You're not shooting blind because you can see the enemies behind (still building/damaged) walls.

Yes. In a really trivial example and completely ignoring all possible complications, you can easily beat a turtler if you can surround them while they want to die in a 1x1 box.
That's, like, 99% of turtlers in my experience. A tiny bit of coordination and they stand no chance.

You can also try to push yourself into their cubes. Most excessive turtlers will panic or not be ready for it and you'll have ample time to melt them with an SMG or blast them to oblivion with a shotgun.

There's also the possibility that if someone is being an annoying fuckwad turtler and you don't want to potentially waste time/materials/ammo to beat them, you CAN just leave them be. Or if they are not in the next safe zone, go into good position towards its direction and just wait until they have to move on from their cube and can't turtle any longer.

Perhaps they should stop making ill-conceived bodge-fixes as opposed to a more considered, more fundamental change. To be honest I think the horse has bolted now anyway. They made some major design mistakes in the first year after launch and they failed to stand up to the loud minority that resisted necessary change (to the degree that it took them months to get on top of the double pump exploit). Personally I doubt it is the smart path forward for the game. It is deeply remniscent to me of the way Epic decided to legitimatise wall-bouncing in Gears of War which has ultimately lead to what was a multiplayer behemoth becoming extremely niche over the years.
You keep spouting about changes, but are giving absolutely no examples of what they could do. And the reason for that is simple and I already explained it: there simply aren't any changes that would make the game more fun. Fortnite is a fast-paced game and anything that slows it/building down is for the detriment of the overall experience and brings with it far more issues than it resolves.

They didn't make any major design mistakes. Building is fun as it is currently. That's why the game blew up. Sure there are some minor annoyances but, again, they are absolutely NOTHING in comparison to how fucking annoying the alternatives are.

YOU are the vocal whiny minority who keep on spouting nonsense about the game and demanding changes that would fundamentally change the game for the worse.

16bits

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Combat shotgun didn't level anything. It was a ridiculously OP weapon with an insane rate of fire & reach. It benefitted pro players the most because if they got the jump on you, there was nothing to be done because they could get in three shots before you could even turn around to block them/shoot back.

it definitely enabled middle Skill pad players such as myself get wins.

now if it's 1 on 1 , me vs a pro player, I'm back to having zero chance. note it was the pressure of pro players and streamers who wanted it gone, not normal players!

i wish epic addressed some serious issues....

the people who crouch/ uncrouch at insane speeds in close up battle

jumpy shotgun battles, how about not being able to shoot for 1 second after you jump?

people who are clearly using keyboard macros to build.

footpedals

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I can subscribe to this.

A no building mode would be completely fine. I literally never build outside the odd occasion to get to a house rooftop and I do ok.

But in the end, it would only me an optional mode. They would t have to do anything to the game.
The haunted hills area of the map would be fucked without building.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
it definitely enabled middle Skill pad players such as myself get wins.

now if it's 1 on 1 , me vs a pro player, I'm back to having zero chance. note it was the pressure of pro players and streamers who wanted it gone, not normal players!

i wish epic addressed some serious issues....

the people who crouch/ uncrouch at insane speeds in close up battle

jumpy shotgun battles, how about not being able to shoot for 1 second after you jump?

people who are clearly using keyboard macros to build.

footpedals
I'm not a pro player either. The combat shotgun was so OP that it often felt more like cheating than fair play, getting kills with it. Didn't feel like you had triumphed, just used an OP weapon to get easy kills that someone had zero chance responding to (unless I was shooting especially badly)..

16bits

Banned
Apr 26, 2019

I watched the Fortnite World Cup, it Was awful.

the problem was, you just needed to survive. Fighting gave you no advantages, if anything, put you at a disadvantage Due to reduced health.

it was a terrible spectacle.

fortnite is at its best for me when you are at an isolated part of the map battling it out with another player

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
I watched the Fortnite World Cup, it Was awful.

the problem was, you just needed to survive. Fighting gave you no advantages, if anything, put you at a disadvantage Due to reduced health.

it was a terrible spectacle.

fortnite is at its best for me when you are at an isolated part of the map battling it out with another player

The bolded part is false. The players have to do a certain amount of damage to other players or they start getting hurt by storm surge at a certain point in the game.

16bits

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I'm not a pro player either. The combat shotgun was so OP that it often felt more like cheating than fair play, getting kills with it. Didn't feel like you had triumphed, just used an OP weapon to get easy kills that someone had zero chance responding to (unless I was shooting especially badly)..

but it gave me a chance.

now I'm back to having zero chance.

even if I get the jump on a player and get a heavy hit on them, they instantly shotgun me and have built a wall the split second they fire. It's ridiculous

it's just not possible to do it that quickly on a pad.

16bits

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
The bolded part is false. The players have to do a certain amount of damage to other players or they start getting hurt by storm surge at a certain point in the game.

i witnessed people in boxes not attempting to fight. I could have come 50th easy, without shooting a gun!

it became an exercise in getting to the centre of the storm, building a box, healing, and repeat!

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
before: get the jump on someone with combat shotgun, shoot 3 times, they dead
now: get the jump on someone with pump + smg, shoot pump once, switch to smg, shred their shit

You can still destroy someone if you surprise them, you just need to swap weapons.

Combat shotgun was fucking dumb.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
This is a fascinating experiment, and is destined to go down as one of the smartest, boldest marketing stunts ever pulled. Take the most-played, most-streamed game in the world and purposefully turn it off. Whoever pitched this in the first place is legitimately my hero.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The event wll happen in china in around 23 minutes. Which is strange, but ok.
Maybe something will happen when they've had theirs.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
This is a fascinating experiment, and is destined to go down as one of the smartest, boldest marketing stunts ever pulled. Take the most-played, most-streamed game in the world and purposefully turn it off. Whoever pitched this in the first place is legitimately my hero.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Are we basically just expected a new map or some serious changes to how the game plays? Any leaks on that?

IIRC there were some leaked screenshots that went early than expected into the app store that didn't match any known landmark, so probably 100% new map and some story about how time in the game is being looped or something similar.

Sin Jawnz

Dec 8, 2017
I'd probably play a no build more than the default mode. Half of this past season had the most popular drop spot as a no build zone. It was fine other than leaving the area with little material to build with.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
but it gave me a chance.

now I'm back to having zero chance.

even if I get the jump on a player and get a heavy hit on them, they instantly shotgun me and have built a wall the split second they fire. It's ridiculous

it's just not possible to do it that quickly on a pad.
You just need to figure out some tactic that will get you those wins. For example, often I don't even build all that much anymore when someone gets the upper ground/structure. I'll just build ceilings to block their shots, wait for them to get frustrated and jump down right on top of me, build a few more ceilings/pyramids each way, then just follow their movement and hope they jump down to my level, build a wall to block their initial attack and then just try to position myself in away that I can get a hit in on them.

And you'd be surprised how fast you can build with a controller, especially one of those with the extra paddles. It's pretty much instantaneous when you don't have to take your finger off of anything to do everything. Or are you playing with a controller on PC?

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes it's just all building without shooting lol. You can find extremely skilled people at building, but when it comes to hitting their shots, they are less skilled.

I used to be overwhelmed by people building up on me, and panicked. But lately I've been more comfortable being in a build fight and that makes the game more enjoyable for me, because it's true that 90% of fights (not minding early game) end up being a build fight.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the tac shotty has been a pretty effective combat replacement for me, especially the rare varieties. I never really realized the range or speed they had on them before.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
You're not shooting blind because you can see the enemies behind (still building/damaged) walls.

If you're very close and they're not moving then yeah, now and again you might hit them in that situation at the cost of massive amounts of ammo.

That's, like, 99% of turtlers in my experience. A tiny bit of coordination and they stand no chance.

You can also try to push yourself into their cubes. Most excessive turtlers will panic or not be ready for it and you'll have ample time to melt them with an SMG or blast them to oblivion with a shotgun.

There's also the possibility that if someone is being an annoying fuckwad turtler and you don't want to potentially waste time/materials/ammo to beat them, you CAN just leave them be. Or if they are not in the next safe zone, go into good position towards its direction and just wait until they have to move on from their cube and can't turtle any longer.

You keep spouting about changes, but are giving absolutely no examples of what they could do. And the reason for that is simple and I already explained it: there simply aren't any changes that would make the game more fun. Fortnite is a fast-paced game and anything that slows it/building down is for the detriment of the overall experience and brings with it far more issues than it resolves.

The notion that all possible changes would make it worse implies Fortnite is flawless. It's an argument I'd expect from a Fortnite obsessed eight year old not an adult. There are all sorts of changes they could make to improve things in my opinion but while Epic do seem aware of the problem (given that they keep trying things to make it better) they seem to have a tendency of making changes without really thinking them through.

My ultimate preference would be to see them try limit the ability to replace a broken piece. They've gone a small distance in that direction recently but not nearly far enough in my opinion. I'd personally be happy for building pieces to become harder to destroy in general so long as, once it is destroyed, you get a meaningful window to do damage/move through that space. A significantly longer delay would be one option, an increasing delay (where the delay gets longer with each replacement) might work too though it feels a bit messier. I'd also like to see them go a step further with rebalancing materials to make stone/metal more useful by reducing the starting health of wood, and again I'd be okay with the maximum health of stone/metal being increased to further differentiate them.

There are very few games which approach perfection to the point where it's not worth trying changes, and Fortnite is nowhere near perfect.

They didn't make any major design mistakes. Building is fun as it is currently. That's why the game blew up. Sure there are some minor annoyances but, again, they are absolutely NOTHING in comparison to how fucking annoying the alternatives are.

This is a false recollection of history (and it's funny how many defend Fortnite on the back of the same false recollection). Fortnite was a gigantic success prior to the building mechanics becoming completely out of whack. Fortnite was a gigantic success before Turbo Building, for example. A large part of Fortnite's ultimate success was in being the first free accessible, multi-plat, polished, kid friendly Battle Royale game. The building is a net positive for the game's success no doubt but the idea that the game became a breakout success because of its building mechanics forgets what the game was like for the first six months.

YOU are the vocal whiny minority who keep on spouting nonsense about the game and demanding changes that would fundamentally change the game for the worse.

Lol.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have almost no interest in actually playing Fortnite, but I'm continually impressed with everything they do with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.