Status
Not open for further replies.

16bits

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
You just need to figure out some tactic that will get you those wins. For example, often I don't even build all that much anymore when someone gets the upper ground/structure. I'll just build ceilings to block their shots, wait for them to get frustrated and jump down right on top of me, build a few more ceilings/pyramids each way, then just follow their movement and hope they jump down to my level, build a wall to block their initial attack and then just try to position myself in away that I can get a hit in on them.

And you'd be surprised how fast you can build with a controller, especially one of those with the extra paddles. It's pretty much instantaneous when you don't have to take your finger off of anything to do everything. Or are you playing with a controller on PC?

im on a plain old PS4 and PS4 pad.

you said it yourself, "extra paddles" . People squeeze everything they can, if they aren't key and mouse, they have elite controllers and paddles. They use assistive tech, footpedals- anything to gain advantage over stock players.

all it takes is 1 in the 100 to have these tech advances and they will usually win.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't play this game but I always watch the live events, they're so cool and easily the highlight of this and the defintion of what a "live service" game should be.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
I don't play this game but I always watch the live events, they're so cool and easily the highlight of this and the defintion of what a "live service" game should be.

This has been me since the start of season 6. I don't play it anymore. I just come for the live events. Though depending on how fresh the next season is, I may pick it back up.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
So the game is back either Tuesday or Thursday? Tuesday would make sense because that's the day we normally get updates, but Thursday is normally the day we get new seasons (because of challenges etc.).

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Man I wish awesome game ending events happened in games I actually cared about lol. Feels like I keep missing out. First FFXIV now this.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Where's Matthew McConaughey when you need him?
giphy.gif

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Well, the Chinese event website is showing 3 hours and 20 minutes for me. I don't buy it though, why 5 minutes after the hour specifically?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fwiw the chinese countdown seems different for different regions so it could just be a poorly coded countdown for their event that doesn't take timezones into account
I wouldn't trust it much.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I feel bad for parents right now here.

1. Fortnite is unplayable.
2. Schools are off.

My little cousin is going crazy and almost in tears because he can't play. He was actually outside playing earlier. Any time I've visited and asked him if he wants to go out it's always "No! I'm playing Fortnite!"

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised this is still going on.

I wonder how much potential money they've lost out on since taking the game offline.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
So the game is back either Tuesday or Thursday? Tuesday would make sense because that's the day we normally get updates, but Thursday is normally the day we get new seasons (because of challenges etc.).

It would be crazy for them to wait until thursday but you never know. I'm thinking it might be later today.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idont play fortnite but man i love reading/staying up to date on all these wild events they have. Reminds me of the golden age of TF2, with the War update or Mann Vs Machine. Everyone who played the game freaking out at everything. Kudos to fortnite for going above and beyond all the hype shit valve did with TF2. Hope Chapter 2/Season 11 lives up to your expectations fam <3

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

I wonder how much potential money they've lost out on since taking the game offline.
Look at this thread and look at how many people who haven't played in awhile plan to redownload it. Now multiply that by orders of magnitude. The revenue they've lost will easily be made up by the immense player boost that will happen

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018

They are definitely losing out on money but I doubt they care. They have millions of people staring at black hole for goodness sake. Just wait until it comes back on and people will be going crazy for all the new stuff.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
It blows my mind it's been sitting at a black hole for like a full day now and it's still the second most viewed "game" on twitch still.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
What Epic Games is doing by making this event and not making kids play this game by shutting down the servers is a pathetic attempt to get people to talk about them.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I must admit I will be playing it when it goes back up. I rarely play it but if it's a new map and/or has other major changes then I'll check out.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
What Epic Games is doing by making this event and not making kids play this game by shutting down the servers is a pathetic attempt to get people to talk about them.
How is it pathetic? They are getting people to talk about their game...oh no. It's an event and they are marketing it. I don't see the problem.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Epic is gonna get angry letters from parents for having the game down too long for attention starved children

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
this is an elaborate ruse to get the workers finally a day off.

just kidding they're working double overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.