• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
If this were any other nationality/ethnicity this would be HUGE news, but yeah....America is broken beyond repair, or that's how it seems from the outside.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, people are going to get killed by this asshole. He'd be in Guantanamo if he was Muslim or black.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ABC News @ABC

After arrest of Coast Guard lieutenant, who allegedly amassed weapons and compiled list of Democratic lawmakers and journalists, Sarah Sanders says Pres. Trump hasn't "at any point" done anything "but condemn violence, against journalists or anyone else." https://abcn.ws/2E5Ozkh

9:10 AM - Feb 22, 2019

I think there's a legitimate need to consider press secretary as a legally non partisan role a-la whitehouse counsel where they represent the office not the holder.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This is terrifying.

Wonder whats gunna get POC/LGBTQ+ Era first... Fascism or Climate change? Both seem to be accelerating.

How did his defense get him off? Felt this would be a no brainer, lock him up and throw away the key. (And yes, I know he's white, but this is still incredibly odd that he was able to somehow prove he wasn't a threat to society).

Edit: Ah, so he got of by literally saying he was reading the President's playbook. That is fucking wild.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if he's a Muslim he's in SuperMax. Like, without a doubt.

This is perhaps the whitest example of white privilege ever and it's terrifying. Please share this awful story everywhere.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly at this point I'm down with letting Trump think Sanders spiritual ugliness is physical just so he'll fire her and undermine his only consistent thing.

"She looks like a bulldog licking piss off a thistle."

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What's scary is that when you really think about it, 1,000 rounds of ammo really isn't a lot when you consider they come typically 50 rounds per box. That's only 20 boxes of ammo which isn't that much at all.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
What's scary is that when you really think about it, 1,000 rounds of ammo really isn't a lot when you consider they come typically 50 rounds per box. That's only 20 boxes of ammo which isn't that much at all.

I typically see 5.56 in 20 round boxes, not 50. At $7.50 (as my local gun shop sells it at), that's still $375.00 worth of ammo. Maybe you can get it for cheaper, but that's a lot of ammo to have sitting around.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Sheesh.... and what happened to that Muslim dude that wanted to run over people in a van. I'm sure he will get off as well.........

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
I typically see 5.56 in 20 round boxes, not 50. At $7.50 (as my local gun shop sells it at), that's still $375.00 worth of ammo. Maybe you can get it for cheaper, but that's a lot of ammo to have sitting around.
Online you can find cheap steel case .223 stuff for around $200/1000 and brass case for ~$300/1000. If you own a gun for occasional hunting or keep a shotgun in the closest for HD you probably arnt going to have anywhere near that amount, but depending on how much you shoot a 1000 rounds isnt a lot. Ammunition prices also tend to be volatile so you have people who snatch up thousands of rounds at a time to avoid future price hikes or limited quantities. When some type of major event happens (elections, gun control bills, tragic events) its not uncommon for ammo prices to double or triple due to panic buying. Same with magazines. When Sandy Hook happened you had idiots buying up so much that .22 ammo (of all things) was nearly impossible to find for a solid year, a normal $8/box of 9mm went up to $20 and 30round magazines increased in price by 500-1000% if you could find them. So people who enjoy firearms tend to stock up on stuff when they can.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes.
Luckily, law enforcement is going to be on his ass wherever he goes, so he'd have to be real dumb to try shit while waiting for trial.
But still, why even take the chance considering he's a fucking terrorist.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sentenced to 13 years. He plead guilty in October for gun and drug charges.

WASHINGTON — A U.S. Coast Guard officer accused of stockpiling weapons and compiling a hit list of government and media figures was sentenced Friday to 13 years in prison.
Federal prosecutors said Lt. Christopher Hasson was inspired by racist murder cases and "intended to exact retribution on minorities and those he considered traitors." If not for the actions of law enforcement, said U.S. Attorney Robert Hur, "we now would be counting bodies of the defendant's victims instead of years of the defendant's prison time."
Investigators said they considered Hasson a domestic terrorist, but there are no such charges in the federal system. For that reason, the case was an example of the difficulty prosecutors face when law enforcement action may have prevented potential attacks. His lawyers, however, said the government vastly overstated the threat.
"There is little if any doubt he was planning a mass casualty assault to further his white nationalist views," said US District Court Judge George Hazel. But Hazel said Hasson "is not being sentenced for his views. He's been sentenced for the actions he was planning."
Hasson, 50, of Silver Spring, Maryland, pleaded guilty last October to charges of illegally buying prescription painkillers and amassing an arsenal of 15 firearms and two illegal gun silencers. As a drug abuser, he was not legally entitled to possess the guns. The FBI said he also had over 1,000 rounds of ammunition for those weapons.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some Al Capone shit here... Can't charge him with what they want to so they get him for other stuff.