• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Thank you Fireblend for the banner!
Whether you've played Town of Salem, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, traditional Mafia, have always had an interest, or just thought this thread looked interesting - welcome! Our forum mafia community is always open to new players and we love seeing new faces join our games. Go ahead and introduce yourself in this thread and we'll help get you in a game as soon as we can!

u0t0Uhz.png

Mafia, or Werewolf, is a secretively team-based "whodunnit?" deception—elimination game played over consecutive rounds of DAY and NIGHT. Two (2) teams/Alignments, "Town" & "Mafia," compete to be the last faction alive or in majority.

Each Town-aligned player starts the game not knowing who else is Town, and don't know who's Mafia...
...but all Mafia-aligned players, start the game knowing the identities of their Mafia teammates.

During the DAY, all players are allowed to talk with each other in the game-thread, to vote out one (1) player whom they suspect is Mafia.
A DAY typically lasts for 48hrs real-time.
Town wins once all the Mafia are eliminated.

But during the NIGHT; talking is banned, except for the Mafia who can still whisper together in a private chat and can KILL one (1) player.
A NIGHT typically lasts for 24hrs real-time.
Mafia wins once they outnumber Town.

However, survival's not off charisma alone. Granted by the game's Host before beginning, everybody has a "Role" to play, and some of them have Powers: special abilities that may help reveal truths, or work to support lies!

Want to see an example of a game? Check some out HERE!

poHnry6.png

Playing a game with us is very simple: just fill out the form below and sign up for our website! New players always get priority!
Name:
Nickname (if applicable:)
Pronouns:
Timezone:

Click the image to go to our website where we host spectator chats, secret game chats, and more!
Unless stated otherwise, all our games are hosted on Era.

YAEMexB.png

A Mafia game is a significant time commitment. Our games can take about a month to play, and you'll be expected to post and contribute to the ongoing discussion to help your team win. And don't forget to follow ResetEra's ToS and Member Etiquette. Though this is a game about lies and deception and things can get heated, this is just a game at the end of the day and we're all here to have fun.

But most importantly, welcome! Through various games, gambits, jokes, wins, losses, upsets, betrayals and triumphs we have formed a community of individuals who have become something like a family. We hope you will join us in our love of this game and give it a shot. You never know what might happen.

⊱≺ ⛯ ≻⊰

The MafiEra Team (CaptainNuevo, Dr. Monkey, Fireblend, Natiko, and Sawneeks)

Last edited:

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
7wtcjoS.png

em9ncv47d3w51.png

Game: Corrida Colloseum Mafia
Gamerunner: SalvaPot
Gamewatchers: (Faddy and Geno supervised)
Players: 20
Complexity: Extremely Unusual/Likely Bastard
Day/Night Cycle: 48/24

Create-a-Role and Swap them up!

This game in particular is based on Fran's Greed island Mafia, but with a twist. Fran's design was unique in that it made players make their own roles within the restrictions of their "Nen Type". Corrida Colosseum takes this fun format but adds one chaotic ingredient: After all the roles are made, they get randomly swapped between all players! Add the One Piece flavour, and you get one Chaotic game in your rubbery hands!

Sign ups will run for 48 hours! If we have enough players by that time the game will begin.
fyem6q2wow

upcminggames.png

1. Easy Allies Mafia by Fanto
  2. Corrida Colosseum by SalvaPot
  3. Mario Kart: Double Dash by Natiko
  4. Heroes vs Villains 3 by Geno

Note these are subject to change at any point.
Olb8Ksj.png

List of Seasons 1 - 9 games
List of Seasons 10 - 17 games

Special thanks to all team members who helped during the previous season and our wonderful gamerunners for creating, and running, those games! Thank you:
  • lokiduck
  • Verelios
  • Fanto
  • Natiko
  • Aeleus
  • Geno

Last edited:

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
XfvTjEf.png

Interested in running your own Mafia game? Click here for more info!
⊱≺ ⛯ ≻⊰
Want to know how many games you've won or don't know a certain mafia term?
Check out our game resources for that and more!

MafiEra R&D
Fireblend has created a set of tools to help streamline the forum mafia experience for those who'd like to use them! (Note: the vote tool is required for use in games.)
  • MafiEra Vote Tool, a website that allows you to see a game's current post and vote counts, and other features like checking in which phase a player left the game, who were the winners, and more!
  • Vote Tool userscript (Era|OM) - allows the user to see the current game's vote count at the top and bottom of a page.
  • Isolating Posts (ISO) userscript - allows the user to search all posts from a single player with a handy button.
  • PlayerInfo userscript - allows the user to access the player list at any time in the reply box.
Mafia championships
Beginning in 2016 our community has been invited to the annual Mafia Championships hosted by Mafia Universe. Over 225 different forum mafia communities have participated in this event with hundreds of different players over the years. Representing us in these games are:
  • Sorian, who played in Season 3, Game 5; then the Final Game and got 4th place!
  • Ty4on and Natiko played in Season 4, Game 8!
  • Dr. Monkey with CaptainNuevo as a back-up! Monkey has played in Season 5, Game 7, in Wildcard Game 2, and in the finals!
  • Faddy played in Season 6, Game 4!
  • Our latest champions: Dr. Monkey with TheChuggernaut as back-up! Monkey is currently playing her final game!
Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program. These mentors can not play the game for you or answer direct questions such as 'who should I vote for?' but can help with mafia terminology, general strategy, and other minor questions. If you are interested in requesting a mentor, please contact your gamerunner.

For veteran players, if you would like to offer your assistance to the mentorship program please contact Sawneeks, or let us know in this thread.

MafiEra Hangouts
Discord: Post in this thread or PM a member of the Discord Team for an invite!
Steam: OuterMafia, managed by Roytheone.
PSN: OuterMafia, managed by RetroMG.
MafiEra D&D 5e PBP Campaign, managed by Sawneeks.

MafiEra's monthly book club
Hosted by Flatearthpandas and Fireblend we now have a monthly book club! Voting and book selection happens on Discord while discussion on each month's book takes place in Outer Mafia under General Discussion. Come read with us!

NXhnteB.png

Facilitators
Responsible for leading all teams and representing the community
Discord Team
Responsible for keeping peace in Discord, creating and removing rooms as needed, and giving and revoking access to private rooms.
Outer Mafia Team
Responsible for creating forum boards and giving access to them
Review Team
Responsible for receiving new Mafia game submissions and coordinating gamerunners and reviewers to get games ready to run
  • Aeleus
  • Fireblend
  • Roytheone
Scheduling Team
Responsible for scheduling games, creating rosters, and keeping analytics

Last edited:

malus

Oct 30, 2017
That new OT smell.

He/Him
UTC+2
Horror Movie Mafia

Really hyped for Easy Allies Mafia, but I'll probably not have enough time to play once it is running.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone! I'd like to participate in my first game, is the Horror Movie game suitable for beginners? What does "role madness" mean? That sounds a bit complicated. Anyway, I'm signing up just in case.

Leo
He/him
GMT-3

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone! I'd like to participate in my first game, is the Horror Movie game suitable for beginners? What does "role madness" mean? That sounds a bit complicated. Anyway, I'm signing up just in case.

Leo
He/him
GMT-3
Role Madness means that everyone gets a different role, whereas in a normal game there will probably be multiple players who are Vanilla and have no special powers.

Oct 27, 2017
OMG
FINALLY JESUS BE A XANAX

A NEW THREAD W:KJSA:D"K:"LFKSA:"LKD:LSA"DK;oLSAKD;l'kaSD:l'
kp]o;fdkjsdpoi[fgjsiop[dgjo[isfjdsaoi[fnso[idnugn[

Funky Dude Sparks
He/him
UTC-5

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, apparently there was a mix up and Monkey said I could do Easy Allies instead if I wanted, so this game is finally going to run lol.
Was the mix up due to one person saying "knives Out" and someone taking that to mean the game was "out" of the roster?

Actually dont answer i like this scenario and believe it completely.

Cant believe yall would make a mistake that silly, absolutely hilarious.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Zeke
He
UTC - 6
Horror Movie mafia
*truffleshuffle*
I was going to ping you for this game, but I see you found it on your own lol.
Completely new to this but intrigued to get involved

AllThingsPurple/ATP
He
GMT+1

Horror movie mafia I guess!
Welcome! Always good to see new faces around here! :)
Was the mix up due to one person saying "knives Out" and someone taking that to mean the game was "out" of the roster?

Actually dont answer i like this scenario and believe it completely.

Cant believe yall would make a mistake that silly, absolutely hilarious.
That is, in fact, exactly what happened! Monkey is very silly indeed. :P

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it's going to be a fun one. I will definitely be taking Spec and following this one closely.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be dissapointed if there are less than 5 serial killers

He/him
UTC -3
turm

Oct 27, 2017
I expect a great game with all of you. Even with Geno, who will probably fall for the mafia bait, red check a townie & get himself lunched again :p (just kidding, it'll be interesting to play with you after all this time!)

Also I promise to not lunch you D1 turmoil7, some traditions need to be broken, our last game was the first step, now let's form a town circle and own the game. Speaking of ... Maolfunction want to join? :)

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I expect a great game with all of you. Even with Geno, who will probably fall for the mafia bait, red check a townie & get himself lunched again :p (just kidding, it'll be interesting to play with you after all this time!)

Also I promise to not lunch you D1 turmoil7, some traditions need to be broken, our last game was the first step, now let's form a town circle and own the game. Speaking of ... Maolfunction want to join? :)
I've rolled mafia like 3 times in a row now, I fully expect to be lynched D1 because meta.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So many new faces! Let me recommend the mentor program - a mentor can help new players get their footing and stay motivated. Mentors can also explain all the weird references and abbreviations and all, because sometimes it feels like we talk in code lol.

(Apropos of nothing, I just want to say that Pickle, who is 7, is obsessed with Among Us now and it's the funniest thing. She found it on my iPad after we played and she wants to play all day long.)

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Im done with trucking, so more time for mafia which means more

8dy3Ecp.gif

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So many new faces! Let me recommend the mentor program - a mentor can help new players get their footing and stay motivated. Mentors can also explain all the weird references and abbreviations and all, because sometimes it feels like we talk in code lol.

(Apropos of nothing, I just want to say that Pickle, who is 7, is obsessed with Among Us now and it's the funniest thing. She found it on my iPad after we played and she wants to play all day long.)
How long until you play with her and reveal your 'finely tuned over years of murder' deception skills?

Im done with trucking, so more time for mafia which means more

8dy3Ecp.gif
Glad to have you back!

Status
Not open for further replies.