• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Game sounds like a lot of fun, but I need to start mentally preparing for EZA so I'll sit this one out.

By the way I can help with mentorships too if you need people. Not like anyone could be as amusing as wee but hey, I'll try.

I can't handle scary things :<

addtext-com-MTU1-Nj-A0-Mzkw-Nw.jpg

(Which was basically my reaction too upon seeing the first game.)

Missed your truffleshuffling, Zeke! Nice to see you around.

Same to you Gorlak, saw you spectating Risk but it's great to see you playing again.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone! I'd like to participate in my first game, is the Horror Movie game suitable for beginners? What does "role madness" mean? That sounds a bit complicated. Anyway, I'm signing up just in case.

Leo
He/him
GMT-3
Completely new to this but intrigued to get involved

AllThingsPurple/ATP
He
GMT+1

Horror movie mafia I guess!
Can I get your timezones in UTC format please. :>
Question I am on the permanent replacement list but does asking to replace in the thread give me any extra priority if a replacement is needed?
Aeleus nailed it. Permanent list is for the 'break in case of emergency' end of the line and signing up as a replacement for a specific game gets you farther ahead.
I could use a mentor!
I would also like a mentor please
I'd be down to be a mentor as well if we ever need one btw.
Perfect! I will start contacting folks and get boards made for mentoring. Give me a bit since I have a meeting starting in about 2 minutes. n_n;;

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Can I get your timezones in UTC format please. :>

Aeleus nailed it. Permanent list is for the 'break in case of emergency' end of the line and signing up as a replacement for a specific game gets you farther ahead.

Perfect! I will start contacting folks and get boards made for mentoring. Give me a bit since I have a meeting starting in about 2 minutes. n_n;;

I think I'm utc +1.. but... honestly not sure

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
Interested in joining this time if that's ok?

Name: Pookmunki
Nickname (if applicable:) Pooki
Pronouns: he/him
Timezone GMT / UTC +0

Reki

Oct 25, 2017

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm utc +1.. but... honestly not sure
Mine is UTC-3. I never knew there was a distinction between GMT and UTC, bit apparently both are the same here haha
Perfect! Thank you both.
Interested in joining this time if that's ok?

Name: Pookmunki
Nickname (if applicable:) Pooki
Pronouns: he/him
Timezone GMT / UTC +0
Of course! And welcome.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
It's really nice to see new faces for this game, definitely excited to see how they might shake everything up a bit.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
By the way I can help with mentorships too if you need people. Not like anyone could be as amusing as wee but hey, I'll try.
D'awwww I loves you too. But i'll have you know, i take mentorship SERIOUSLY. All BUSINESS. No jokes whatsoever and no making drama just for the sake of it.

i'm really getting the hang of this 'lie mode'.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would make a terrible mentor, for the same reasons I make a terrible bee keeper.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Look to Puns for the game board and when Horror Movie will begin! Good luck, players~! \o/

Also as a reminder for our new players you will have to make an account on our website HERE. This is where we keep all hidden threads such as mafia chats, spectator chats, and more. If you sign up there with a username that is different than your Era one please let us know. :>
peRQvqA.png

Game: Horror Movie Mafia
Gamerunner: TearablePuns
Players: 17
Complexity: Role Madness
Day/Night Phase: Hecht Rhythm

Player List:
1. [She/Her] Conditional-Pancakes - UTC-4 NEW
2. [He/Him] Pookmunki|Pooki - UTC+0 NEW
3. [He/Him] Leo - UTC-3 NEW
4. [He/Him] AllThingsPurple|ATP - UTC+1 NEW
5. [He/Him] EzekelRAGE|Zeke - UTC-6
6. [He/Him] A Wild Ambulance Appears|Ambulance - UTC-6
7. [He/Him] Z-Beat - ???
8. [He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks - UTC-5
9. [He/Him] SalvaPot|Salva - UTC-8
10. [He/Him] Gorlak - UTC+2
11. [He/Him] Geno - UTC-0
12. [He/Him] Zippedpinhead|Zipped - UTC-6
13. [He/Him] turmoil7|turm - UTC-3
14. [She/Her] Hawthorn - UTC-4
15. [He/Him] MrHedin|Hedin - UTC-4
16. [He/Him] Maolfunction - UTC-7
17. [He/Him] malus - UTC+2

Replacement List:
1. [He/Him] Kyanrute UTC+3
2. [He/Him] Stuart444|Stu UTC+1
3. [He/Him] jman1954goat|Jman UTC-7
4. [He/Him] Nin UTC+1
5. [They/Them] Reki - UTC-4
6. [He/Him] Faddy - UTC+0
7. [She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC-8

To those who have asked for a mentor:
Conditional-Pancakes ! weemadarthur will be your mentor for this game. Once we have a board set up just for the two of you on our website I will PM you with the link.
AllThingsPurple ! Fanto will be your mentor! The same for Pancakes will be the same for you as well. Once that board is set up you will get a PM from me. :>

It's also not to late to request a mentor! Just let myself or TearablePuns know and we will set that up for you.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for having me on board, I'll spend some time tomorrw getting the concepts down and might requsst a mentor if that's cool?

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Omg. i was hoping for at least just 1 new player but 4 new players.... I AM SO HAPPY RN, you all dont even know :))))

Welcome to all new players and all veteran players. This is going to be an awesome season with some great games in store
Thanks for having me on board, I'll spend some time tomorrw getting the concepts down and might requsst a mentor if that's cool?
Thats definitely cool! And welcome to our community, i hope you enjoy the game :)

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
That scene in the Taking of Deborah Logan was literally the scariest part of the entire movie lol so nuts
And Krampus was a jolly movie tbh

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You should explain how this works, for the newbies, not for me, haha, I totally know how it works, haha.
nt2xbOx.png

Essentially, it uses a fixed schedule that will always have a night phase taking place on Wednesday, and then a 48 hour night phase that takes place on Saturday/Sunday. It's basically a means of avoiding the usual struggle of less activity happening on weekend day phases by just skipping the weekend with a long night phase.

The downside is that the days/nights have to remain aligned with the "rhythm" for it to work, so if you turbo and end a day early, the next day can't start early, it needs to follow the schedule for days/nights.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I defeated Chuggs in a xbow battle and so I have the right to mentor. However, I leave it to Ambulance! It might be great to be with someone else and get a different perspective. On the other hand, I'm awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.