Not open for further replies.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
6r7kfcj.gif
Ohno I'm too old for this reference

but at least you already have the spirit of mafia down pat

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you Reki! And regarding Risk trust me it was 100% only Fanto who thought you were scum, she didn't sway anyone else in the thread. Too bad you're sitting this one out.

Interested in joining this time if that's ok?
Welcome Pooki :)

The game will start on Wednesday at 9PM UTC.

I have created the game thread and you may access it through this handy dandy link: Horror Movie Mafia |OT| Villains Vs. Villains
Hell yeah, VvV! Let's go

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
nt2xbOx.png

Essentially, it uses a fixed schedule that will always have a night phase taking place on Wednesday, and then a 48 hour night phase that takes place on Saturday/Sunday. It's basically a means of avoiding the usual struggle of less activity happening on weekend day phases by just skipping the weekend with a long night phase.

The downside is that the days/nights have to remain aligned with the "rhythm" for it to work, so if you turbo and end a day early, the next day can't start early, it needs to follow the schedule for days/nights.
Thanks, Fanto <3

Sep 8, 2020
Look to Puns for the game board and when Horror Movie will begin! Good luck, players~! \o/

Also as a reminder for our new players you will have to make an account on our website HERE. This is where we keep all hidden threads such as mafia chats, spectator chats, and more. If you sign up there with a username that is different than your Era one please let us know. :>
peRQvqA.png

Game: Horror Movie Mafia
Gamerunner: TearablePuns
Players: 17
Complexity: Role Madness
Day/Night Phase: Hecht Rhythm

Player List:
1. [She/Her] Conditional-Pancakes - UTC-4 NEW
2. [He/Him] Pookmunki|Pooki - UTC+0 NEW
3. [He/Him] Leo - UTC-3 NEW
4. [He/Him] AllThingsPurple|ATP - UTC+1 NEW
5. [He/Him] EzekelRAGE|Zeke - UTC-6
6. [He/Him] A Wild Ambulance Appears|Ambulance - UTC-6
7. [He/Him] Z-Beat - ???
8. [He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks - UTC-5
9. [He/Him] SalvaPot|Salva - UTC-8
10. [He/Him] Gorlak - UTC+2
11. [He/Him] Geno - UTC-0
12. [He/Him] Zippedpinhead|Zipped - UTC-6
13. [He/Him] turmoil7|turm - UTC-3
14. [She/Her] Hawthorn - UTC-4
15. [He/Him] MrHedin|Hedin - UTC-4
16. [He/Him] Maolfunction - UTC-7
17. [He/Him] malus - UTC+2

Replacement List:
1. [He/Him] Kyanrute UTC+3
2. [He/Him] Stuart444|Stu UTC+1
3. [He/Him] jman1954goat|Jman UTC-7
4. [He/Him] Nin UTC+1
5. [They/Them] Reki - UTC-4
6. [He/Him] Faddy - UTC+0
7. [She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC-8

To those who have asked for a mentor:
Conditional-Pancakes ! weemadarthur will be your mentor for this game. Once we have a board set up just for the two of you on our website I will PM you with the link.
AllThingsPurple ! Fanto will be your mentor! The same for Pancakes will be the same for you as well. Once that board is set up you will get a PM from me. :>

It's also not to late to request a mentor! Just let myself or TearablePuns know and we will set that up for you.

Ahw! I'm too late!!! :( #sadpanda

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I think roster is locked for non replacements once sign ups are finalised. I do encourage you to stick around though because once this one ends we'll have another fun game.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao Villains Vs Villains.
Hell yeah, VvV! Let's go
Fanto , "it's a nod" lol
Ahw! I'm too late!!! :( #sadpanda
Hey strawmountains! Glad to see you from HorrorEra :)
We just filled up the roster but like Geno said above, we have some other great games running soon so hopefully we can see you back for one of those!
You could also join the replacements list if you're still interested in joining this game.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
nt2xbOx.png

Essentially, it uses a fixed schedule that will always have a night phase taking place on Wednesday, and then a 48 hour night phase that takes place on Saturday/Sunday. It's basically a means of avoiding the usual struggle of less activity happening on weekend day phases by just skipping the weekend with a long night phase.

The downside is that the days/nights have to remain aligned with the "rhythm" for it to work, so if you turbo and end a day early, the next day can't start early, it needs to follow the schedule for days/nights.

Before the game starts, I have a newbie question about this Hecht Rhythm Day/Night cycle Fanto explained.

Since the new game begins on a Wednesday, does that mean it will begin with a Night phase?

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Before the game starts, I have a newbie question about this Hecht Rhythm Day/Night cycle Fanto explained.

Since the new game begins on a Wednesday, does that mean it will begin with a Night phase?
No, but the chart can be a bit confusing when explaining it.
There will be two day phases a week. The first one will begin at 9PM UTC on Sunday and end on Tuesday at 9PM UTC. The second day phase will be from the same times of day but begin on Wednesday and end on Friday.
Night phases will be the rest of the week, so from Tuesday-Wednesday, 9PM to 9PM and Friday-Sunday, 9PM-9PM.

Since we're starting the game midweek, the first day phase of the game will be the one that begins on Wednesday

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

There will be two day phases a week. The first one will begin at 9PM UTC on Sunday and end on Tuesday at 9PM UTC. The second day phase will be from the same times of day but begin on Wednesday and end on Friday.
Night phases will be the rest of the week, so from Tuesday-Wednesday, 9PM to 9PM and Friday-Sunday, 9PM-9PM.

Since we're starting the game midweek, the first day phase of the game will be the one that begins on Wednesday
Yeah, it's a bit confusing because of timezones and stuff. I think Tearable explained it well enough above. The night phases will end on Wednesdays and Sundays, so you will still technically be playing on those days, just not until the day phase officially starts. Hopefully that all makes sense haha.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

Yeah, it's a bit confusing because of timezones and stuff. I think Tearable explained it well enough above. The night phases will end on Wednesdays and Sundays, so you will still technically be playing on those days, just not until the day phase officially starts. Hopefully that all makes sense haha.

I see. It's all clear now. Thanks!

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
In the review thread there was some talk of a post capped game. I would like to run one based on well used mafia setup.

The game has a post cap and people can only be voted out near start and end of day. So you can't kill Stantastic in his sleep.

I'm looking for a bit of feedback because for me there is no point running a game with restrictions if no one likes them. If you have opinions about this stuff then you can post about it here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
In the review thread there was some talk of a post capped game. I would like to run one based on well used mafia setup.

The game has a post cap and people can only be voted out near start and end of day. So you can't kill Stantastic in his sleep.

I'm looking for a bit of feedback because for me there is no point running a game with restrictions if no one likes them. If you have opinions about this stuff then you can post about it here.
Day end is exactly when i get killed in my sleep.
I appreciate the thought tho.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Some Community Announcements:

Looking for Game Reviewers!

First of all, The MafiEra Review Team wants to remind you that we're always looking for new people to become game reviewers. What's a game reviewer? Whenever someone comes up with a new Mafia game design, we designate between 1 and 2 reviewers to check the game's balance and make sure it will be (at least somewhat) fair and (most definitely) fun. This process happens in a private board in Outer Mafia. We don't have any hard requirements to become a reviewer, but obviously having experience with the game and being willing to commit part of your time to make sure designs gets tweaked and approved quickly helps. Newbies are usually paired up with more experienced reviewers so they have a chance to learn the ropes by watching someone else and we also have some documents on what to look for when balancing/reviewing a game. If you're interested, join the Discord and message someone in the Review Team (or use the @Review Team tag!).

---

Book Club

Noticed a few new faces in this thread (welcome!), so for those who've joined us recently and may not be aware: We have our own book club over at our Discord server and whether you're a seasoned reader or looking to kickstart a new hobby, we're always happy to welcome new members!. The way it works is we nominate and then choose a book to read every month, and discuss it at the end of the month. We're currently in the middle of a tiebreaker vote to choose a book for October, for which you can vote here! https://forms.gle/NA16BqPavy6okvzu7 again, feel free to join us through our Discord server's #books channel!

---

Among Us @Discord

We have a new role on the discord for those who want to play Among Us. It's an easy way to find people that are available and want to play, so if you're interested contact someone on the Discord Team to have the role added!

Last edited:

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
...speaking of which, we'll be playing a few rounds of Among Us today at 6:00 PM CST (that's about 8 hours and 20 minutes from now!)
Let me know through Discord if you're interested in joining us!

Status
Not open for further replies.