• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yikes, my actual town reads got much smaller as I was doing this list.
Town
cabot
Sorian (oh god)
Fantomas?
Sawneeks?
Kyanrute?

Don't lynch, no good reason to (these are in orderish from most to least certain):
AbBro
rac
Natiko
tumoil7
Pirate Bae
Fireblend
Fandorin
malus
Faddy
CeeCee
Blargonaut
Chuggernaut
Terra

Flux tier of uncertainty - will talk about this in a bit

Would lynch:
KetKat - KetKat isn't always super active, but this pattern of appearing and melting away when there's heat is concerning, but this flip also gives us reasons to explore why others did or did not support it, depending on result - I mean, always, but I think moreso with this one than others
nin - Kawl was inactive and I am a fan of lynching inactive Kawl. nin hasn't done much either. Problem is that this gives us very little. Would not be my first choice, but would not be a bad choice, either.
Geno - Geno has been super cagey and not exactly forthcoming with attempts to solve or more the game forward, which just compounds the first.
Fran - In the Great Fran/Chuggernaut War, I think Chuggs is more likely to be town. I had advocated leaving these two, but Fran has been pretty aggro. Would not mind the flip just for Fran's sake and also think it would be illuminating.
Zubz - I've really gone a long way from my initial Zubz consideration, but Zubz is a nonentity and I'm getting the sense of doing just enough to be apparent without making waves. I feel also like Zubz giving minor lip service to the idea of a no lynch reads like a cover - like look, I'm town Zubz, really!

I am salty because I felt very good about my Stan town read and his death has really destabilized the game for me. I reserve the right to change any and all of these tomorrow, pending today's events and reactions. -.-
I know they're in the "no good reason" list, but, thoughts on Turmoil? Curious about his placement in your list; out of the four that were in Brazil's kill list and not on Stan's that also voted for him (Zubz, Flux, Terra and Turmoil), he stands out as being higher than I would have guessed.

Also, AB being on top of that no-lynch list I find odd, with the amount of posts they have.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't rule out the BP thing until we see some more flips. Although I'm think there's not 7 of them. It's also possible that Ceecee is lying about how many shots they have.

I answered them, had to make a sign first.

Also thanks for proving my point for me?? We don't know what we have in terms of powers, making the argument based on that hypothetical doesn't make sense.

I'll just quote you together. The number of shots isn't the issue, that fact that he could shoot day 1 is. There is also way too much got a scum vig in a game this size but I'm not even taking that into account because we don't know it's true.

And yes Saw, you're right, but that many natural bullet proofs would be ridiculous and I'd rather wait to lynch someone who is probably town or at worst neutral then just chop him off on a very fringe assumption.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Okay okay, I know talk has passed but I want to say my piece on this.

Not killing CeeCee today is a wrong move.

At worst he's a Townie who made a bad move, at best he's a Neutral/Scum. Last night I was leaning far more into the Scum camp but I've finally cooled down on it a bit and thought it out and now I'm leaning far more into the Neutral area.

He hasn't been helpful, hasn't been forthcoming with information, and hasn't tried working with Town at all. 'But Sneeks, why did he claim?' Killing Stan on his own wouldn't have cleared CeeCee of suspicion, if anything it would have made it worse. Claiming at least brings WIFOM and this whole conversation with it.

I also saw people (Sorian i think) arguing that he'd be Town for 'balance reasons' and that's the dumbest argument I've heard yet. We have 1 Town flip and we're arguing CeeCee has to be Town because balance? Unless you're Scum you have no clue what the balance is here at all or what we're up against in terms of powers. For all we know Town could be stacked and a killing Neutral (or Scum) is the balance here. As a reminder for some, bad balance arguments is what gave us Town Hooker.

But I know i'm in the minority and Brazil already said he won't shoot him. If CeeCee lives through today I'm not going to bother with him, there are simply too many people here. If he's still alive Day 5 and you all have to make a choice between him and someone else know, if I'm not still alive, I'm in the spec chat holding a massive 'i gosh darn told you so' sign. Get rid of him now while we still have a chance to make mistakes.

anyway, i'll move on. i just wanted to say my thoughts.
Your explanation for why CeeCee makes that move as neutral/scum hinges on the idea that it was likely for CeeCee to be offed today and thus the claim was needed to diffuse that. I'm not sure I buy into that argument.

Still one of my favorite games. (Thanks for the win Sorian)

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Also I put nin in my nulls list but honestly that's because I'm hoping to be able to tunnel him later. I swear if you're scum, I'll have my revenge this game.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also this also at least gives me more confidence that Brazil is town than I had going into the leader vote. I think he's digging deeper than scum Brazil would.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Your explanation for why CeeCee makes that move as neutral/scum hinges on the idea that it was likely for CeeCee to be offed today and thus the claim was needed to diffuse that. I'm not sure I buy into that argument.

Is this the one where I was right at the end and no one cared? Don't thank me, not my fault.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Also I have 0 idea which way I'm voting on the modifier. I guess I'll steer clear of the "non-game" games like RNG and MDTLA, but other than that, eh. Maybe NX for old times sake.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, actually have the time to sit down with this instead of giving passive comments.

So this was the crux of CeeCee's decision.

People are arguing that lynching him now would be a policy lynch because of the nature of his power, right? Is there really any guarantee that a Day Vig. would be town aligned in a game like this?

He claims to have unused shots. Would we even want someone who is so bad at shooting to still be left alive after this? Basically:

I'm leaning towards a town alignment for Sawneeks (hey, btw), because I like her in-depth observations, and she's one of the few who has the right read on me. People like to talk about low hanging fruit for CeeCee and such, but I think some of the people latching onto lynching me fit into that. That goes all the way back to the nonsense of "How can you even SAY that you don't want to be leader??" early on in the game.

Actually being able to think it through now instead of just calling it by impulse, this is still fully assuming that CeeCee is town-aligned "for good balance." It's already been brought up in this thread that there were scum-aligned Day Vigs in previous games. I'm not as experienced, but this strikes me as a dangerous assumption.

[Still catching up but wanted to post this here, damn is there a lot of talk]
So I can get all of my fabricated stories straight and make sure I'm in line with my scum buddies in the scum chat.

Or because I like referring to what I was thinking at a given point in time, and relating my own view points to others as theirs update as well.

Alright, then I'll just make a post (or not) once I've gone through the rest.
Obviously, but Fireblend is the one who told me to drop the topic. But now he wants me to continue with the topic. Mixed messages.
Alright, read these over. Top quote is the one that makes me feel the best about Flux but the rest just kinda leave me feeling bad. If I get this right, Flux's whole argument with Febe is that he didn't want to bring up old arguments but was asked to and he does this by...staying on the Febe argument. He is doing some other things here and there but it's just odd to harp on.

Still don't think he is Scum though.

Making signs is a scum tell
5DpmKFw.jpg
I'll just quote you together. The number of shots isn't the issue, that fact that he could shoot day 1 is. There is also way too much got a scum vig in a game this size but I'm not even taking that into account because we don't know it's true.

And yes Saw, you're right, but that many natural bullet proofs would be ridiculous and I'd rather wait to lynch someone who is probably town or at worst neutral then just chop him off on a very fringe assumption.
Then what Day is the right time to lynch him? Next phase? End game? This is all built off the theory of balance and assuming (if he is Town) that he may get picked off by Scum. I'd rather get rid of that uncertainty than keep it around.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If you want I can quote the people that all said 'CeeCee is a fine choice for today' if you want. Besides maybe Ket or Fran/Chuggs, CeeCee was the biggest lynch choice by a wide margin. If you're Neutral (or Scum) you tag on to those negatives views of you with a lot more weight than you would as Town. He got nervous thinking he was the 'clear cut choice' and shot Stan.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have you know that I'm never fine with being the topic of discussion. I've always pretty much responded to inquiries on D1 of these games, I find it hard to come up with something out of nothing. Though that's always made me one of the primary lynch targets for D1, too.

I'm with whoever dear leader chooses, though my own list would be:
  • CeeCee
  • Blargonaut
  • Faddy
In no order:
  • CeeCee: Screw it. Too many variables, was suspicious of Sophia/CeeCee from the start. Potential to hit a neutral (or scum), or otherwise reduces the risk of hitting a town PR (unless we are supposed to believe that CeeCee has 2 shots left). Sure, there's the play that scum will want to NK CeeCee because of the risk of having more shots or not, but after how today went down? Not sure that'd be their target.
  • Terraforce: Brazil and Sawneeks have put it better than I have, but it comes down to the fruitless confrontations and this weird attachment to making sure no one doubts CeeCee under any circumstances.
  • FluxWaveZ: For the sake of humor.
That's it.
Why is CeeCee the only consistency here? Or rather, what happened to Blarg, especially since you said you were always for lynching Blarg? What happened to Faddy? I can see you justified Terra, but I want to know what happened to change your mind on these others.

I'm particularly interested because these reads are what made me think you might be more town - they were different from others. Not great, but different, and I'd think with most people circling the same targets, it'd be easier for mafia to blend end.

But now you're blending, mostly, except on CeeCee. You're specifically sheeping the leader and also Sneeks, and while you added text there, it's not new and it's related to your CeeCee obsession. Sneeks, too, is the only other person who is holding that line.

I don't know that it pushes you into scum territory for me. In fact, you're still sticking out. But it's notable and odd. If it turns out everyone is wrong and some of the primary shared reads are incorrect, I think I would look harder here.

I know they're in the "no good reason" list, but, thoughts on Turmoil? Curious about his placement in your list; out of the four that were in Brazil's kill list and not on Stan's that also voted for him (Zubz, Flux, Terra and Turmoil), he stands out as being higher than I would have guessed.

Also, AB being on top of that no-lynch list I find odd, with the amount of posts they have.
AB I thought was just busy but then also promised he'd be here. His star is falling - but that lynch gives us nothing today, so I wouldn't advocate it. If he still stays MIA? Sure. turmoil I talked about. I feel like turmoil, at least to me, always seems kinda shady and not fully present but reveals himself one way or another later. I'd rather take a wait and see there. No reason to defend either, but not a lot of reason to lynch them today either. I'd rather use the crapshoot d1 maybe lynch to try to get someone who will give us something even if we're wrong and they flip town. Call me pragmatic.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If you want I can quote the people that all said 'CeeCee is a fine choice for today' if you want. Besides maybe Ket or Fran/Chuggs, CeeCee was the biggest lynch choice by a wide margin. If you're Neutral (or Scum) you tag on to those negatives views of you with a lot more weight than you would as Town. He got nervous thinking he was the 'clear cut choice' and shot Stan.
I'll say myself that I would not be mad at a CeeCee lynch and he could be neutral. I just don't think he's scum is all and I can see merit in either one. But Brazil has the keys to the kingdom and said he wouldn't kill CeeCee today so I'm not sure why it'd be worth arguing either way. :/

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
AB I thought was just busy but then also promised he'd be here. His star is falling - but that lynch gives us nothing today, so I wouldn't advocate it. If he still stays MIA? Sure. turmoil I talked about. I feel like turmoil, at least to me, always seems kinda shady and not fully present but reveals himself one way or another later. I'd rather take a wait and see there. No reason to defend either, but not a lot of reason to lynch them today either. I'd rather use the crapshoot d1 maybe lynch to try to get someone who will give us something even if we're wrong and they flip town. Call me pragmatic.
Ok. Both make sense though the turmoil read is too meta for me and I still don't think that explains the ordering which is what stood out to me but it's not like I'm gonna make you explain the entire list in detail :P thanks.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, read these over. Top quote is the one that makes me feel the best about Flux but the rest just kinda leave me feeling bad. If I get this right, Flux's whole argument with Febe is that he didn't want to bring up old arguments but was asked to and he does this by...staying on the Febe argument. He is doing some other things here and there but it's just odd to harp on.

Still don't think he is Scum though.

Then what Day is the right time to lynch him? Next phase? End game? This is all built off the theory of balance and assuming (if he is Town) that he may get picked off by Scum. I'd rather get rid of that uncertainty than keep it around.

Well at the very least, I want to know if there are really more shots because I'm kind of skeptical. The more shots he has the more likely he is to be neutral. As far as when is the right time, that's a silly question. It's impossible to say, if he isn't town then we probably do have a vig somewhere, they should be shooting him anyway as a counter claim. Talks about him don't evaporate after today, there are better people to kill today, there may not be on another day.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why is CeeCee the only consistency here? Or rather, what happened to Blarg, especially since you said you were always for lynching Blarg? What happened to Faddy? I can see you justified Terra, but I want to know what happened to change your mind on these others.

I'm particularly interested because these reads are what made me think you might be more town - they were different from others. Not great, but different, and I'd think with most people circling the same targets, it'd be easier for mafia to blend end.

But now you're blending, mostly, except on CeeCee. You're specifically sheeping the leader and also Sneeks, and while you added text there, it's not new and it's related to your CeeCee obsession. Sneeks, too, is the only other person who is holding that line.

I don't know that it pushes you into scum territory for me. In fact, you're still sticking out. But it's notable and odd. If it turns out everyone is wrong and some of the primary shared reads are incorrect, I think I would look harder here.
Terraforce has basically taken Faddy's place in my mind for the same reason, but being more actively confrontational instead of trying to reason. Faddy hasn't really stood out to me since then, though I should consider that more.

For Blarg, it's whatever. I had no real feelings towards that lynch when I stated it, other than the potential reduction of noise. But he's been more reasonable lately, and I can actually kinda understand what he's going for. I do not think he'd be a good lynch target today.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the one where I was right at the end and no one cared? Don't thank me, not my fault.
Nope, it was the one we were both neutral in and you won despite my death.

But think that through - if he's neutral/scum and nervous he's on the chopping block why not just claim before taking the shot? Why shoot someone fairly townread if you're just out for survival? It makes far more sense that it's just shit town play.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

But think that through - if he's neutral/scum and nervous he's on the chopping block why not just claim before taking the shot? Why shoot someone fairly townread if you're just out for survival? It makes far more sense that it's just shit town play.
He claimed it was his Scumread.

Neutral makes more sense in this case. Think of it, you're Neutral with shots and get placed into a spot already with some heat. You're gone for a while and can't get your footing and when you get back everyone is fine with your death. What would you do in that spot? Not take a shot and just slide into death? Never said it was a good Neutral play either, it's just the one that fits his anti-town play before and after the shot.

?r? y?? s?r? y?? w?nt th?t

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Oh, yeah that one was good :D

I died N1 in Cthulhu, so that bodes super well for me.

I did promise to avenge you, I didn't say when though. We've come full circle.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Terraforce has basically taken Faddy's place in my mind for the same reason, but being more actively confrontational instead of trying to reason. Faddy hasn't really stood out to me since then, though I should consider that more.

For Blarg, it's whatever. I had no real feelings towards that lynch when I stated it, other than the potential reduction of noise. But he's been more reasonable lately, and I can actually kinda understand what he's going for. I do not think he'd be a good lynch target today.

Keep it quiet but I think Brazil might be scum. But I am going to wait and see where he shoots first rather than make myself look like a fool.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keep it quiet but I think Brazil might be scum. But I am going to wait and see where he shoots first rather than make myself look like a fool.
This is a weird response to that quote. And just a weird thing to drop out of nowhere. Could I get you to elaborate or??

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Also I put nin in my nulls list but honestly that's because I'm hoping to be able to tunnel him later. I swear if you're scum, I'll have my revenge this game.

hey, no need to be that harsh !
still reading but you know what, i will just stay here from now and and enjoy the fuckery before i get called out for being "inactive".
even though i am enjoying my tea and reading through this mess

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
On an actual related point i would like to point out the the couple of times i have had a vigistante like power i have had pretty damn good track record.

or at least i would have if Geno hadnt given sorian every fookin power under the sun.

that said both those times it was very late into the game, playing to me only real strength at this game.
Here's Stan joking about how he usually survives well into the games he plays.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
okay.
just a small summary.

Stan got elected mayor, he got killed by cee cee and now Brazil is the current mayor ?

is that a short and bad way to summarize day 1.5 ?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird response to that quote. And just a weird thing to drop out of nowhere. Could I get you to elaborate or??

I think Flux is saying I haven't been as controversial as the day has went on.

At this point I would rather not be shot so I am not going to go hard against Brazil since he has a gun. But he is one of my scum reads right now and a reason I didn't want him to get the power in the first place.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
okay.
just a small summary.

Stan got elected mayor, he got killed by cee cee and now Brazil is the current mayor ?

is that a short and bad way to summarize day 1.5 ?
Short and bad, yes.

Do you have any reads for us Nin? I do like some Nin reads. Top two Town and Scum based on your impressions while catching up?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think Flux is saying I haven't been as controversial as the day has went on.

At this point I would rather not be shot so I am not going to go hard against Brazil since he has a gun. But he is one of my scum reads right now and a reason I didn't want him to get the power in the first place.

But why? I get you don't want to anger the guy with the gun and that's whatever but why do you have a scum read there?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Really? Why? This promotion to leader and his reaction since than has made me think completely the opposite.

Some sort of bias in how he is picking his shot. I guess if he is town his reasoning makes sense but the fact he immediately went towards people who voted for Stan to be leader is kind of troubling. If he is scum then scum is more likely to have tried to vote for him as leader.

I didn't want to go down this rabbit hole today. Brazil shoots scum and I look dumb.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Short and bad, yes.

Do you have any reads for us Nin? I do like some Nin reads. Top two Town and Scum based on your impressions while catching up?

thats the thing, even though i am still not nearly done, my impressions could have changed.
But you know what, give me a minute and i will try to give out the good old bad nin reads, even though i am trying to give out actual good reads this time....
lets see

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Both make sense though the turmoil read is too meta for me and I still don't think that explains the ordering which is what stood out to me but it's not like I'm gonna make you explain the entire list in detail :P thanks.
Oh, I probably should have put AB way down to be honest but I also just think that would be a nothingburger lynch unless he happens to be scum. Kinda same for turmoil. No reason to lynch them, no reason not to, but I think we get more out of other potential flips.

But you're right on order. I paid more attention to some than others, which is why I said orderISH because I'm not super confident there.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
alright, i'm off to work. gonna be in a meeting until after Day End so good luck and godspeed, Brazil.

For the scenario I'd prefer Love Boat for funsies but I wouldn't really say no to the others, especially Power Rangers. Likely going to be voting LB first though.

DID I TELL YOU THAT the pace of the game is :nin:SANE?!
with Stan dead we do need a new name-pun player...

congrats nin, you've been promoted!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
thats the thing, even though i am still not nearly done, my impressions could have changed.
But you know what, give me a minute and i will try to give out the good old bad nin reads, even though i am trying to give out actual good reads this time....
lets see
No need to rush, just wondering if anything had caught your eye in particular I suppose. Looking forward whenever they come though!

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Ok, I think I have some semblance of conviction now, but I'm gonna wait on the people I've asked to get back to me with stuff before laying it out there.