• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we can reasonably predict what's going to happen with the modifiers, if 1 and 1.5 are any indicator, and I doubt any effects would be permanent.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since the great and powerful Godking Jr., Brazil, won't be tackling CeeCee to the floor where are we at right now? Only skimmed a few pages so far.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we can reasonably predict what's going to happen with the modifiers, if 1 and 1.5 are any indicator, and I doubt any effects would be permanent.

Bolder for accuracy, the rules go out of their way to say the modifiers last for one day and one night. I highly doubt there is a sneaky permanent one in there.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This is from before or after I said that I could prove my aligment?
I had started the list before but I'll add: I think these "keep me alive one more day and" make me think of all kinds of possible issues that are not town related. I doubt Brazil is gonna shoot you but I don't trust it and I don't like it, personally.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
okay. back from work and ready to roll!!

hopefully nothing bad as the CeeCee disaster happened

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I have to go work on some things but when I get back I will expand on my reasoning for a separate Flux tier.

I thought Brazil was gonna be here for a while?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have to go work on some things but when I get back I will expand on my reasoning for a separate Flux tier.

I thought Brazil was gonna be here for a while?

He said he was going to have to disappear at some point for an hour and a half, maybe it happened earlier than he thought.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Here's an update to my read list based on some thoughts from what's happened today. Obviously CeeCee going from a Scum Read to a Town Read is the biggest move, otherwise I made some notes on players that I moved if I felt the need to explain. Otherwise my thoughts remain mostly the same from my last list, but if anyone wants clarification just ask.

Scum are ordered by how much I want to see their flip, everything else is no particular order:

Town
Cabot
Natiko
Fandorin
Kyanrute
CeeCee - At worst, CeeCee is a Neutral with this day killing power. But that seems like a long shot read to me, and I do not believe this to be a Scum PR, which leads me to believe that he is Town as he says.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lean Town
Sorian
Faddy
Sawneeks - I've got good thoughts about her so far, she gave us her reads, she did her homework, she seems invested in the game and I'm looking forward to seeing more. I probably shouldn't be so quick to hand out a Lean Town though to a replacement taking over for a largely inactive spot as I've been burned there before, so I'll keep my eye on her.
Dr. Monkey - Monkey I'll always feel weird about Town reading since I know what she is capable of, but I see no reason to be suspicious here on D1.5. She's been very Townish with sharing her reads and thoughts, and helpful overall. (Which is exactly the kind of thing she would do as Scum though!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Null
Brazil
Blargonaut
Pirate Bae
Fran
Fireblend
Rac
Malus
AbsolutBro
Terraforce - Since my previous read on him was largely meta based, I'm bumping him down here. I've also seen some decent reads from other players that I'm trusting in a bit more who seem to think not-so-good thoughts about Terra. I'll get a reread in on him soon.
Zubz - I've liked their engagement more on D1.5, but still want to see more from them. I'll move them to Null from a Lean Scum, but I got the feeling last night like they were coming to the party, but with a disguise on... Best analogy I can come up with, give me a break lol.

Lean Scum
turmoil7
Felt a bit better about some of his posts today, enough that I wouldn't want to see him killed today.
Nin
Kawl replaced out, but was reading somewhat scummy to me. Nin is Nin and I will always keep him at a firm Lean Scum where he deserves to be until later when we need to lynch him for being too scummy. <3 In all seriousness though, Nin hasn't really done anything in the thread yet, so no reason to move this read anywhere.
Scum
KetKat
TheChuggernaut
FluxWaveZ
Geno

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, so unfortunately I won't be here to grace Day-end with my prime presence, so I'd say... if I had to narrow it down for you Brazil? Kindly pick from my prior scum reads, thanks

...you know, If I were you, I'd gun to break a pending dilemma; leave Cee alive; take out a player involved in a running beef with somebody else. You know who they are

oh, and

CONGRATULATIONS, Brazil!!
Although vicious circumstance was what placed you where you are, it seems your brazen can-do attitude will enable your success! In light of your ascension, unexpected worthiness has you bear the mantle now of

TOWN MODERATE

Now take your badge of office upon you, and when the time(s) come, brandish it with the dignity your newfound station demands:

(FOR BRAZIL'S EYES AND USE ONLY)
gvKohh5.gif

bon chance

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Flux' most recent posts haven't really filled me with confidence in him. He would currently be my pick for the lynch.
Originally I wanted Fran to flip first, but with his new gambit, I prefer Flux over him. I know this whole "I'll prove I'm town tomorrow" is kind of weak, but it's better than nothing and will probably give some information either way.

I've not played in any of the games listed in the modifiers, so I'll let you all decide what to pick.

*bonne

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
FluxWaveZ The big thing when ISOing you is that you've been incredibly one-note about scumreading Sophia based on second-hand arguments. You never prodded her when she was active - you merely announced that she was your only scumread after people like Sorian and Monkey had already been giving her shit for her behavior.

Before that, you had a lot of posts about not wanting to vote for anyone who voted for themselves, but also believing that the leader needs to have a strong conviction (which seems contradictory).

After that, you got offended when Monkey accused the room of sheeping her for the Stan vote (which you hadn't justified at the time), and then you reacted to the Stan kill in a way that made it seem like you were treating the CeeCee lynch as a foregone conclusion ("But I think the CeeCee kill should be cemented, either way.")

It's hard, man.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay okay, I know talk has passed but I want to say my piece on this.

Not killing CeeCee today is a wrong move.

At worst he's a Townie who made a bad move, at best he's a Neutral/Scum. Last night I was leaning far more into the Scum camp but I've finally cooled down on it a bit and thought it out and now I'm leaning far more into the Neutral area.

He hasn't been helpful, hasn't been forthcoming with information, and hasn't tried working with Town at all. 'But Sneeks, why did he claim?' Killing Stan on his own wouldn't have cleared CeeCee of suspicion, if anything it would have made it worse. Claiming at least brings WIFOM and this whole conversation with it.

I also saw people (Sorian i think) arguing that he'd be Town for 'balance reasons' and that's the dumbest argument I've heard yet. We have 1 Town flip and we're arguing CeeCee has to be Town because balance? Unless you're Scum you have no clue what the balance is here at all or what we're up against in terms of powers. For all we know Town could be stacked and a killing Neutral (or Scum) is the balance here. As a reminder for some, bad balance arguments is what gave us Town Hooker.

But I know i'm in the minority and Brazil already said he won't shoot him. If CeeCee lives through today I'm not going to bother with him, there are simply too many people here. If he's still alive Day 5 and you all have to make a choice between him and someone else know, if I'm not still alive, I'm in the spec chat holding a massive 'i gosh darn told you so' sign. Get rid of him now while we still have a chance to make mistakes.

anyway, i'll move on. i just wanted to say my thoughts.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay okay, I know talk has passed but I want to say my piece on this.

Not killing CeeCee today is a wrong move.

At worst he's a Townie who made a bad move, at best he's a Neutral/Scum. Last night I was leaning far more into the Scum camp but I've finally cooled down on it a bit and thought it out and now I'm leaning far more into the Neutral area.

He hasn't been helpful, hasn't been forthcoming with information, and hasn't tried working with Town at all. 'But Sneeks, why did he claim?' Killing Stan on his own wouldn't have cleared CeeCee of suspicion, if anything it would have made it worse. Claiming at least brings WIFOM and this whole conversation with it.

I also saw people (Sorian i think) arguing that he'd be Town for 'balance reasons' and that's the dumbest argument I've heard yet. We have 1 Town flip and we're arguing CeeCee has to be Town because balance? Unless you're Scum you have no clue what the balance is here at all or what we're up against in terms of powers. For all we know Town could be stacked and a killing Neutral (or Scum) is the balance here. As a reminder for some, bad balance arguments is what gave us Town Hooker.

But I know i'm in the minority and Brazil already said he won't shoot him. If CeeCee lives through today I'm not going to bother with him, there are simply too many people here. If he's still alive Day 5 and you all have to make a choice between him and someone else know, if I'm not still alive, I'm in the spec chat holding a massive 'i gosh darn told you so' sign. Get rid of him now while we still have a chance to make mistakes.

anyway, i'll move on. i just wanted to say my thoughts.

Who else would make balance arguments? It's the one thing I'm good at. Unless at least 7 of you are packing a bulletproof that came packaged in to your roles then he's just simply not a scum day vig. He was allowed to shoot day 1 which means no one had had a chance to counter, that's jut a free "fuck you" kill.

The balance stuff has nothing to do with whether he's a neutral or not, he totally could be, I just don't think he is based on how he actually played all of that out.

Also answer my questions please, why do you want to see Flux go, why do you want to see Terra stay?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No signs allowed. I'm putting my foot down on this sign making talk
NjBicz6.jpg

I admit, I skimmed a lot of your entrance posts so I might be asking things you already said. Why would you keep Flux and why is Terra fine for a lynch for you?
Flux reads stubborn Town to me, not scum. His posts make sense even if I disagree with them and I don't think they're underhanded. I do need to read his recent posts/arguments that some have called out however.
Terra argues for the sake of arguments, not for finding out information. I pointed out a post he made tearing up Flux's reads and they are very basic and don't go into much detail. He also just stopped following up on it completely, something he said a few pages back was me 'arguing about timestamps'. I wasn't arguing timestamps, I'm arguing he never went back period. Not a few hours, not the next day: he just stopped that line.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Before that, you had a lot of posts about not wanting to vote for anyone who voted for themselves, but also believing that the leader needs to have a strong conviction (which seems contradictory).
Nah, making people want to vote for you doesn't mean you have to vote for yourself. But it's an awfully minor point that ultimately doesn't matter.

For my responses as a whole, it's because people kept going on and on about how it doesn't make sense that I wouldn't want to be leader. So I had to go on and on about the same stuff. I still wouldn't want to be leader; you can get assassinated out in the open and everything!

After that, you got offended when Monkey accused the room of sheeping her for the Stan vote (which you hadn't justified at the time), and then you reacted to the Stan kill in a way that made it seem like you were treating the CeeCee lynch as a foregone conclusion ("But I think the CeeCee kill should be cemented, either way.")
I was gonna reply to this, but then Fireblend said I shouldn't bring up old discussions. Since you brought it back up, that was just unnecessary antagonism on my part, but also fitting.

And yeah, I reacted that way. And am I the only one? I don't see why I should look back on this game, see that as the first thing, and then go "CeeCee's fine." It was basically an extension of my wanting to lynch him since before that happened.

What's ISOing, btw? Also, give me a heads up if you're gonna be aiming for my head.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't you made Overwatch?

Stop lying.

It's not perfectly balance like Phoenix Wright was but it as balanced good. Not my fault Hecht knows god mode cheats every once in awhile.

Nah, making people want to vote for you doesn't mean you have to vote for yourself. But it's an awfully minor point that ultimately doesn't matter.

For my responses as a whole, it's because people kept going on and on about how it doesn't make sense that I wouldn't want to be leader. So I had to go on and on about the same stuff. I still wouldn't want to be leader; you can get assassinated out in the open and everything!

I was gonna reply to this, but then Fireblend said I shouldn't bring up old discussions. Since you brought it back up, that was just unnecessary antagonism on my part, but also fitting.

And yeah, I reacted that way. And am I the only one? I don't see why I should look back on this game, see that as the first thing, and then go "CeeCee's fine." It was basically an extension of my wanting to lynch him since before that happened.

What's ISOing, btw? Also, give me a heads up if you're gonna be aiming for my head.

Short for isolating, means he pulled out all of your posts so he could read them all together.

Oct 25, 2017
Who else would make balance arguments? It's the one thing I'm good at. Unless at least 7 of you are packing a bulletproof that came packaged in to your roles then he's just simply not a scum day vig. He was allowed to shoot day 1 which means no one had had a chance to counter, that's jut a free "fuck you" kill.

The balance stuff has nothing to do with whether he's a neutral or not, he totally could be, I just don't think he is based on how he actually played all of that out.

Also answer my questions please, why do you want to see Flux go, why do you want to see Terra stay?

I wouldn't rule out the BP thing until we see some more flips. Although I'm think there's not 7 of them. It's also possible that Ceecee is lying about how many shots they have.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I answered them, had to make a sign first.

Also thanks for proving my point for me?? We don't know what we have in terms of powers, making the argument based on that hypothetical doesn't make sense.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In the middle of work here and barely keeping up with the thread, but I'd be surprised if Flux flipped scum. He seems to be playing the part as the "Day 1 Lynchee" way too well.