• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had any experience buying a booster box off of Amazon's global store? UMA is 260$ currently and appears to come with the Box topper according to the comments. I'm hella skeptical though.
Is it shipped and sold by Amazon, or sold by a 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon? If it's sold and Shipped, WOTC has direct distribution through Amazon so it's going to be legit

Domri, Chaos Bringer; Theater of Horrors

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Solid PW. Nothing busted tho.

en_I0RCYSjvcJ.png

Very strong card. You can play all the cards that got exiled.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
That Octopus feels like something they would have made back in the day. Lots of text, not very good.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People keep complaining about hexproof in limited, quick let's make an overtuned memey hexproof card at mythic as an apology.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the tapdown bit was a universal effect for Illusions it would make an interesting build-around card.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I really have no idea how did that octopus pass play testing and QA, let alone get printed as a Mythic. Long rules text, conditional hexproof, creates two ultra-specific tokens that both players should remember and keep track of the creatures that they cause not to untap. It's an all-around mess.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
On top of it being a mess of conditions and mechanics, it's not even good. I just don't get how it was printed.

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Solid PW. Nothing busted tho.

en_I0RCYSjvcJ.png

Very strong card. You can play all the cards that got exiled.
Does this mean playing in real life, you would have to track which cards have been exiled by the card this and which were exiled through other means? Or does it only work on the card it exiled this turn?

I guess there is already a weird effect where in real life you can have cards exiled but you can't look at them.

And is it just me or is hackrobat quite solid for a 3 drop? If that thing ever gets unblocked, you could easily give it +8 or whatever depending on how long the game has gone.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Cards caring about what they've exiled has basically always been a thing. Any exiling enchantment does, for instance, from Oblivion Ring to Profane Procession. Karn (both PW versions) and Ashiok do, too, obviously. It's pretty low-overhead; you just tuck cards exiled by a permanent under the permanent exiling them.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean playing in real life, you would have to track which cards have been exiled by the card this and which were exiled through other means? Or does it only work on the card it exiled this turn?

I guess there is already a weird effect where in real life you can have cards exiled but you can't look at them.

And is it just me or is hackrobat quite solid for a 3 drop? If that thing ever gets unblocked, you could easily give it +8 or whatever depending on how long the game has gone.
Yes, you would probably shortcut this by putting the cards exiled by Theater of Horrors underneath it, similar to how you put the creature exiled by Seal Away under the Seal Away

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

See how DOM karn works

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Does this mean playing on real life, you would have to track which cards have been exiled by the card this and which were exiled through other means? Or does it only work on the card it exiled this turn?

Whenever stuff like this happens, I see people "exiling" stuff keeping it tapped under the card that causes it to become exiled, same as keeping the regular exile as tapped under the graveyard. Not that complicated in this case. You just keep whatever stuff is exiled that way as a "secondary hand" causing you to draw twice per turn and using cards in said secondary hand after opponent damage happened (which is ridiculously easy with Rakdos)

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Eh. Llanowar's a big deal because it's 1 CMC. At 3 CMC, ramp off something that doesn't get wrathed along with the elf.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I think Domri is very powerful and will see significant play if GR beats is a thing (which, who knows). If you run 34 creatures in your deck, you're 80% to hit 2 off its second ability; the first ability lets you easily jam a hasty Carnage Tyrant on turn 4; it starts with high loyalty and threatens to ult quickly.

Though it does have to compete with Vivien in the limited "noncreature spells" space.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Theater of Horrors is pretty sweet. It fits in a different sort of deck than Experimental Frenzy. Frenzy is all about one-turn blowouts, while this wants to build resources over time.

Domri is alright, doesn't cover any new ground.

Unlike Trumpet Blast, Burn Bright works on defense.

Unbreakable Formation
Sep 14, 2018
Domri is not good, 4 cmc sorcery speed draw 2 even with the impulse is too spin your wheels in a GR monsters deck. Plus one can technically defend himself by throwing a blocker in front of him I guess. Just run Vivien and call it a day.

Edit:

alc.png

Name unknown, Instant: Creatures you control gain indestructible until end of turn.

Addendum: if cast during main phase they get a plus one counter and gain vigilance until end of turn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
MaRo's article for today.
* Gruul originally had enrage, but the dinosaurs of Ixalan needed the mechanic more.
* Then Gruul had "if an opponent was dealt damage this turn, do X", called turmoil. This was moved to Rakdos, using the cost reduction cards as a basis.
* As expected, riot was based on unleash. Granting haste was used because it only lasts one turn, and people didn't like the downside of unleash.
* There was some question about whether green should have so much haste, since it's only tertiary, but this was what pushed haste into becoming secondary in green. This led to discussion about whether black should become tertiary in haste instead of secondary, but they ultimately decided haste was fine in three colors, and black still used haste in ways the other two colors couldn't (common fliers and graveyard creatures).
* Rakdos started with a mechanic that looked at the top of the library to boost power, then shifted to a mechanic called finale. A creature got a boost, but then you sacrificed it at end of turn. Set Design decided that players would still feel bad about doing this.
* Azorius has a mechanic called precedence. When a creature with precedence entered the battlefield it could copy the enters the battlefield effect of another creature you control instead of using its own. This turned out to be almost impossible to write out concisely on cards, and it meant they had to be careful about all ETB effects in Standard.

Froyo Love

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That Octopus is Rare complexity and Uncommon power level. One of the lamest Mythics in years.
On top of it being a mess of conditions and mechanics, it's not even good. I just don't get how it was printed.
That Octopus is bumming me out. I preferred it when all the terrible mythic creatures were in red.

Don't know why y'all are shitting on the octopus. It's a bomb in limited and it's probably good enough to see standard play in a Simic control/lategame deck that doesn't have convenient board wipes. It's a massive board clog.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Edit:Name unknown, Instant: Creatures you control gain indestructible until end of turn.

Addendum: if cast during main phase they get a plus one counter and gain vigilance until end of turn.

Dovin Baan and Aurelia are both walking down the street towards each other, but they are both looking at cards in their hand and not looking where they are going. They bump into each other. The cards fly into the air and then fall onto the ground on top of each other. Dovin and Aurelia pick up their cards and they see this one.

"You got Boros in my Azorius card!"
"You got Azorius in my Boros card!"

They both turn their heads to the camera with a dumbfounded look on their face.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
rlt9y7qzp1921.jpg

2W Instant
Creatures you control gain indestructible until end of turn. Addendum - If you cast this spell during your main phase, put a +/1/+1 counter on each of those creatures, they gain vigilance until end of turn.

iiia2p29p1921.png
xbzllc6gp1921.png
combine_guildmage_en.png

That Combine Guildmage is going straight into my merfolk deck in Arena, holy shit.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Spy is pretty dumb in limited. Not a big fan of how much that + Guardian are pushed.

Adapt costs are stupid high in order to reward taking risks with the Biomancer Familiar though, not that good for limited but they will surely see use in constructed, especially with 4x Dive Down to protect your little tentacled abominations.

Status
Not open for further replies.