• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Liliana is probably needed to guide the eternals effectively, so I imagine bolas would want to kill her if not strictly necessary.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Proliferate being back is cool. Amass is... interesting. I like the idea but I feel like it's just going to be a removal magnet in limited - that being said, forcing removal on your big token and not your bombs is valuable in and of itself.

Maro talks about Planeswalker design space a lot and it looks like they're REALLY burning through it now. Static abilities, hybrid costs, no + abilities, low rarities... I'm really, really curious how this set is going to play in practice. It seems like it'll get crazy gummy.

Oct 27, 2017
RITYBlV.png

T9WzRtE.png

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Tibalt is both monored and not great.

Disappointed.gif

Also if Lili is mythic I predict Bolas and Ugin as the others.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Mechanics article

en_L5s76KfWOk.png

Confirmed there are only two named mechanics in the set: proliferate and amass.

Proliferate functional change, probably to make it easier on digital. For each permanent or player, you choose whether to add one more of each kind of counter or no counters at all rather than picking and choosing for each type.

There has been one small tweak to the proliferate rules this time around. Previously, if a player or permanent had more than one kind of counter, you'd choose one to add. Now, you just get all of them. Although unusual, this is most likely to happen with players. Say one of your opponents has both an energy counter and a poison counter. If someone proliferates, they will get both counters (one of each) or they'll get neither, depending if the player who proliferated chose to include them.

Oct 25, 2017
The uncommon Planeswalkers are the safest and most boring version they could have gone with.

Interesting that unless you proliferate them you can't actually take off all their loyalty yourself.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kibler saying that Paradise Druid "still dies horribly to Goblin Chainwhirler" made me laugh. And is of course also quite a relevant point.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
So with Amass you're just making one big creature? I hope there is a way to have multiple armies otherwise 😬😬😬 lots of people are gonna get blown out

Amass by itself can't make you more than one Army at a time, but it's entirely possible there's a normal Creature card with type "Army" in the set. (And quite likely, if Army is supposed to be a build-around mechanic for a gimmick deck like Gates Matter.)

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
So a bunch of the planeswalkers and legends leaked on a really low quality image, but we've been able to parse most of them.

blymvh153ip21.jpg

Karn, the Great Creator 4
Legendary Planeswalker - Karn
Activated abilities of creatures your opponents control can't be activated.
+1: Until your next turn, up to one target noncreature artifact becomes an artifact with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost.
-2: You may choose an artifact card from outside the game or in exile, reveal that card and put it in your hand.
{5}

---

Gideon Blackblade 1WW
Legendary Planeswalker - Gideon
As long as it's your turn, Gideon Blackblade is a 4/4 human soldier creature with indestructible that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to it during your turn.
+1 up to one other target creature you control gains your choice of vigilance, lifelink, or indestructible until EOT
-6 exile target nonland permanent
{4}

---

Chandra, Fire Artisan 2RR
Legendary Planeswalker - Chandra
Whenever one or more loyalty counters are removed from ~ she deals that much damage to target opponent or planeswalker.
+1: Exile the top card of your library. You may play it this turn.
-7: Exile the top seven cards of your library. You may play them this turn.
{4}

---

Nissa, Who Shakes the World 3GG
Legendary Planeswalker - Nissa
Whenever you tap a forest for mana, add an additional G.
+1: Put three +1/+1 counters on target noncreature land you control, untap it, it gains vigilance and haste, and becomes a 0/0 elemental creature that's still a land
-8?: You get an emblem with "lands you control have indestructible", then search your library for any number of forests and put them into the battlefield tapped.
{5}

---

Domri, Anarch of Bolas 1RG
Legendary Planeswalker - Domri
Creatures you control get +1/+0.
+1: Add R or G. Creature spells you cast this turn can't be countered.
-2: Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
{3}

---

Ral, Storm Conduit 2UR
Legendary Planeswalker - Ral
Whenever you cast or copy an instant or sorcery spell, ~ deals 1 damage to target opponent or planeswalker.
+2: Scry 1.
-2: When you cast your next instant or sorcery spell this turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
{4}

---

Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord 2WB
Legendary Planeswalker - Sorin
As long as it's your turn, creatures and planeswalkers you control have lifelink.
+2: ~ deals 1 damage to targer player or planeswalker.
-X: Return target creature with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature is a vampire in addition to its other creature types.
{4}

---

Teferi, Time Raveler 1WU
Legendary Planeswalker - Teferi
Each opponent can cast spells ibkt any time they could cast a sorcery.
+1: Until your next turn, you may cast sorcery spells as though they had flash.
-3: Return up to one target artifact, creature or enchantment to its owner's hand. Draw a card.
{4}

---
Nicol Bolas, Dragon God UBBBR
Legendary Creature - Bolas
~ has all loyalty abilities of all other planeswalkers on the battlefield.
+1: You draw a card, each opponent exiles a card from their hand or a permanent they control.
-3: Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
-8: Each opponent who doesn't control a legendary creature or planeswalker loses the game.
{4}

---

Niv-Mizzet Reborn WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Dragon Avatar
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, reveal the top ten cards of your library. For each color pair, choose a card that's exactly those colors from among them. Put the chosen cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
6/6

---

Roalesk, Apex Hybrid 2GGU
Legendary Creature - Human Mutant
Flying, Trample
When ~ enters the battlefield, put two +1/+1 counters on another target creature you control.
When ~ dies, proliferate then proliferate again.
4/5

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is Gideon Blackblade the nuts?

Edit: Also what the heck is going on with his frame?

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
TFW you're an eternal that used to be a 4/4 but now you're just a +1/+1 counter.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Teferi, Gideon, and Domri all look standard playable especially post rotation. I think Chandra would have been perfect if she dealt damage whenever Loyalty is removed or added. Karn seems like the type of card that is either going to be terrible or busted with no middle ground.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but if i'm going to dunk on video games using sad versions of songs in their trailers, I'm going to dunk EXTRA HARD on a TCG doing the same

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like all 3 mythic PWs are spoiled? Liliana, Nico and Gideon.
Gideon in that printing is marked as mythic because it's the mythic edition. He may still be rare in the set. His static ability plus two activated ones makes me think he's rare as that fits the template for rare walkers. The mythic seem to have a traditional template, but it's just a theory.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gideon in that printing is marked as mythic because it's the mythic edition. He may still be rare in the set. His static ability plus two activated ones makes me think he's rare as that fits the template for rare walkers. The mythic seem to have a traditional template, but it's just a theory.
Gideon having 2 static abilities means he fits the pattern. Gideon is mythic confirmed.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gideon only has 2 abilities and is only shown as mythic in the picture because it is his Mythic Edition art. Mythics were supposed to at least have 3 abilities. Where does Rosewater state this? It would be pretty lame if that Gideon is taking up a mythic slot in the regular set.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OT title should now be CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Gideon has 2 PW abilities and 2 static abilities, 4 total. Uncos are 2, rares 3, mythics 4. On maro's blog.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OT title should now be CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Gideon has 2 PW abilities and 2 static abilities, 4 total. Uncos are 2, rares 3, mythics 4. On maro's blog.

Oof. You're right... Oh well. I was never a fan of Gideon. It would be nice if he dies and Dakkon comes back to claim his sword.

Seems like I'll be throwing Teferi and Nicol in my superfriends deck. Might also change out Jodah for Super Niv

Status
Not open for further replies.