• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nessian Boar; Pharika's Spawn; "Rebirth for Glory" (?)
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

ENP3ujqUUAAcPIZ.png:large

Labors of Heracles reference
Probably going to be a blocker most of the time, but it's a psuedo wrath when you attack, though one that draws your opponent a lot of cards.

image0.jpg

Seems good for the escape cost.

image0.jpg

"Rebirth for Glory" - 3WB
Sorcery
Choose one or both
* Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
* Return target Aura card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

And here's where I should go over how Aura reanimation works. The Aura will enter the battlefield not attached to anything, but then you can choose whatever you want that it could enchant to attach it to. This does not count as targeting, so you can attach a negative aura to an opponent's creature even if it has hexproof. However, you can't enchant a creature with protection from white with a white aura this way, since the rules of protection specifically prevent the creature from being enchanted.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
They finally made a card that forces opponent draw that I don't want to immediately jam into a Nekusar deck. Kudos to them I guess.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
[/Q
Boar seems good with Narset?

Feel like that might be a hard ask with Mana costs, but if any color can do it with ramp and fixing, it's green. Feels jank tho.

Feel like it'd be very good in a historic elves deck. Go wide and big, drop one of these guys and essentially makes everyone else unlockable.

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
Big Pig is neat, but why bother trying to negate the downside? It shouldn't matter if your opponent draws a new hand because you're slapping an embercleave on it.

Arasta of the Endless Webs; "Bloodrush Aspirant" (?)

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
cxwhys5xvb841.png

Arasta of Endless Webs 2GG
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Spider
Reach
Whenever an opponent cast an instant or sorcery spell, create a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach.
3/5

Blood_Aspirant_DE.png.png

Bloodrush-Aspirant 1R
Creature - Satyr Berserker
Whenever you sacrifice a permanent put a +1/+1 counter on Bloodrush-Aspirant.
1R, T, Sacrifice a creature or enchantment: Bloodrush Aspirant deals 1 damage to target creature, that creature can't block this turn.
1/1

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
They draw the cards before damage so unless they are tapped out they should draw some removal

I get that, what I'm trying to say is thatI dont think people should be trying to build around denying the draw. Instead they should probably build around preparing a board state where it doesnt matter what they draw, bc the rest of your team can end the game. Or better yet, that they don't get the chance to block. Though if I had to guess I'd say that traditional gruul is probably better than trying to win with pig.

But you just know we're gonna get some embercleave/pig lethal videos on release because that's just fun to see.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Card looks good, but I feel like the play pattern is gonna be like, drop him, either fight or block/be blocked like once by a big creature, become an irrelevant 2/2 or something, eventually die, and then late in the game you can escape him once, no chance you're getting two escapes done. I suppose that still makes him a, what, 4 or 5 for 1? assuming they don't just remove him. Pretty good.

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that (essentially) damage doesn't get removed from him is a significant downside. His escape is insane though.

Nyx Herald; Wavebreak Hippocamp; Final Death
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

Note this can target itself

ENSZ1_2XUAErTSl

Someone was asking for a horse fish

ENSklVzXsAEtX8-

Limited removal

MaRo's article mentions that the mechanic vision design sent over was Stygian, which worked like Raging River. You created a river token and some creatures would be on the dead side, others on the living, and you could switch creatures around through various mechanisms they tried. In effect, it seems like it worked more like shadow than anything else, since creatures on the dead side couldn't be blocked by living creatures.

God variants are up

Drag to the Underworld; Omen of the Sea
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
4e2ticbp1f841.png

Murder for 2 mana if you have BB on the battlefield. Unclear if it being 4 mana without permanents is too much of a downside.

kjd6b9oy0e841.jpg

Omen of the Sea - 1U
Enchantment
Flash
When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, scry 2 then draw a card.
2U, Sacrifice CARDNAME: Scry 2

Leaked before.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
In limited the removal is great at any price. Kinda meh for constructed. 3 to 4 for that effect is kind of much. Then again I think monoblack devotion is viable with what we got so far. So it could just be gravy. I'd use it

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I still think in most cases Murderous Rider would be the better pick for constructed even in monoblack devotion.

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's a heck of a hydra. Is it weird that I'm comforted that it's fight requires an activation? I remember Maro saying something about how they don't like how much fight has been put on ETB and turned into straight removal, and with the wicked wolves lately I'm starting to see that. At least that spider ETBis conditional for flyers, which is natural for green.

Simic Flash getting some new tools, don't know if any of them will make the cut mind you.
I saw some folks on twitter speculating that these might be more about making a flash archetype available for limited.

image0.png

Riding a flying cow
Can go infinite with Animate Dead and a sac outlet

Imma choose to believe that the cow is the archon.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Well that's a heck of a hydra. Is it weird that I'm comforted that it's fight requires an activation? I remember Maro saying something about how they don't like how much fight has been put on ETB and turned into straight removal, and with the wicked wolves lately I'm starting to see that. At least that spider ETBis conditional for flyers, which is natural for green.

I saw some folks on twitter speculating that these might be more about making a flash archetype available for limited.

Imma choose to believe that the cow is the archon.
The archon is both rider and mount.

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Anyone else not care for this or Final Reward?

I don't like black getting unconditional creature exile at the same cost as white. Yeah, white's can hit artifacts, but they should either have 4 mana unconditional creature exile, maybe priced at 2WW or 1WWW or black should only get it at 6.
Black is supposed to be the best color at killing creatures. In formats where being in the yard is a bonus it gets exile instead, which is fine, since it can already exile creature cards from the yard anyway.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Black is supposed to be the best color at killing creatures. In formats where being in the yard is a bonus it gets exile instead, which is fine, since it can already exile creature cards from the yard anyway.
And white is supposed to be the best at exile. I didn't complain about black getting exile, I complained about it getting unconditional creature exile for the same price as white.

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
And white is supposed to be the best at exile. I didn't complain about black getting exile, I complained about it getting unconditional creature exile for the same price as white.
Not sure where you got "white is supposed to be the best at exile." White's weakness is supposed to be that its removal is temporary, which is why it gets o-ring effects and pacifisms. It rarely gets permanent exile effects for creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.