• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
That is not true at all. It is not normal for crazy guys to run around with guns. Yes there are a bunch of people like this across the span of the entire country (over 300 million people) but 999 out of 1000 people you interact with are not going to be running around with guns.
This isnt true at all.
There are more guns owned by private citizens than there are private citizens. And concealed carry exists in a good number of states.
You may not always know the lunatic next to you has a gun, but theres a good chance they do.
This is why people started running when a man yelled "Heil Trump!" In a theater.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Obviously the teens should have been carrying THEIR guns too!

/s is obvious /s

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hope that they fire the manager and the adult who protected the girls gets some recognition

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
This isnt true at all.
There are more guns owned by private citizens than there are private citizens. And concealed carry exists in a good number of states.
You may not always know the lunatic next to you has a gun, but theres a good chance they do.
This is why people started running when a man yelled "Heil Trump!" In a theater.
No there is not s good chance. 6% of the population have concealed carry permits. If you are out in the country then the number will go up a bit

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Wow @ that manager.

I will give her 1% slack because she didn't cause the issue and I can't expect people to act rationally when guns are involved but she responded in like the worst way possible. They were just kids.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Wait - the mother fucker got away? I live there and I'm trying to figure out which McDonald's that is. Just forwarded to MPR as I haven't seen any local coverage yet.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
Sick and tired of these shit people, how fucked in the head do you have to be to pull a gun on some kids like this?!
And the manager can kiss my ass too.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't give a fuck could be the new slogan.
I can't get my head around this stuff, i'm just glad we got rid of guns before the political climate tanked into Brexitland.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
No there is not s good chance. 6% of the population have concealed carry permits. If you are out in the country then the number will go up a bit
You're assuming that people are only carrying their guns legally.
I'm with you that it's an overstatement to say that every crazy in the US is carrying a gun but that doesn't stop me from thinking that they do simply because you never know.

And fuck this manager, I wouldn't have left and waited for her to call the cops to kick me out and then explained what happened.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah, that manager fucked and she totally deserves it. Trying to send kids to the slaughter instead of actually calling the police on the dude threatening people with a gun.
Let me guess, he's "tired of being a victim"?
I just am so upset that I can't spout racist remarks at ******* anymore. It's like they are taking my freedoms away!
*crocodile tears*

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Just a matter of time.
WegB.gif

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm with you that it's an overstatement to say that every crazy in the US is carrying a gun but that doesn't stop me from thinking that they do simply because you never know.

And fuck this manager, I wouldn't have left and waited for her to call the cops to kick me out and then explained what happened.
Arizona, for example, is open carry. So you do have to have the gun showing for it to be legal unless you have a permit. But, if I was going to start shit because I'm a racist dumbass, of course I'd hide it. So yeah at least here in Arizona, I assume people could have guns on them. It's super easy to get a gun here. Like walk in and walk out with a gun in 20 mins. or at least that's how I got one like 10 year ago and I don't think much has changed.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Look at that brave manager defending her store from a mob of angry young black thugs.

obviously /s, goes without saying.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

Sure, always keep your guard up in public. You never know what's going to happen.

I'm not assuming that people only carry guns legally. But the people with permits who don't carry their guns 100% of time will drown out any nutcases without permits.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Depressing that a bunch of kids can't go to fucking McDonalds without some scumbag making racist comments and pointing a gun at them.

That manager is an utter disgrace and will be fired. Props to the old guy.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That is not true at all. It is not normal for crazy guys to run around with guns. Yes there are a bunch of people like this across the span of the entire country (over 300 million people) but 999 out of 1000 people you interact with are not going to be running around with guns.

Come to Florida where you get shot if you take too long in line at Little Caesars.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Pulling a gun is not the same as refusing service.

And you know it.
The stance was that people always wait for the facts first. I guess that means there are certain circumstances though where people won't? Maybe for some the possibility of racism is seen as something they won't wait for facts on? Maybe because they see it as that bad?

I fully expect the same people angry about what happened in that thread with that lady in here just as angry to what happened to these girls, you know, actual life and death. Lol nah.

But I don't want to get a warning for cross thread drama so I'll drop it.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Someone PLEASE post an update about how the manager got fired, and the racist got arrested. Please, this shit is pissing me off.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Well that took longer than I expected. And it's in a McDonald's too.

I wonder where everyone is...

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
So is it really that normal that people just run around with a gun like him?
Eh. I don't know. For that one, it's hard to get numbers on who has a permit vs who actually carries. I know several folks who have permits but never carry (including myself) and at least one who carries and has no permit. Generally, brandishing your firearm with no real cause to do so is grounds to lose that permit.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
This is what a first world country looks like, apparently…

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing more american than harassing muslims with your gun in McDonalds