Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Burn the Witch

Reading this made me realise how much I missed seeing Kubo's artwork each week. People have been saying this was made without the intention of having it picked up for serialisation which is a bit of a shame as it was interesting seeing a bit more depth given to Soul Society. Panty-obsessed MC was a bit cringe-worthy however.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Burn the Witch ONE SHOT

Kubo Art filled up a spot in my heart I never knew was empty, thought that it only being about dragons would mean that we wouldn't get that much diversity but it seems the term "dragon" can be pretty much anything and their uses are vast

has potential, like the two female characters, need to tone down on the main female's panties crazy dude, toss out the panties bit and make him instead trying to have her join her for coffee or something then it would be more tolerable

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Dungeon Meshi 46
K29.png
Milking minotaurs
... Ryoko Kui is letting her freak flag fly more and more. A lot of details explained in this relaxed interlude.

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any new promising shounen/seinen action series that have started up in the past year or two?. I've fell off manga for a while and only keep up with a few things.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Continuation of Burn the Witch thoughts:

but letting the chapter settle in after getting that Kubo art high I kind of also see the Bleach similarities this story has

• hidden beast dragons = hallows
  • witches and wizards hired to kill = shinigamis

heck even the main mail was like that lion doll with his panties joke and the cameo with his dog basically made him and the dog a split version of that characters quirk

for all we know Kubo can ditch the dragons and just make it mostly just what happened with Bleach.... but it seems at least for now the dragons aren't good or bad but just a part of this world and have more depth and uses then the Hallows in the beginning had

Are there any new promising shounen/seinen action series that have started up in the past year or two?. I've fell off manga for a while and only keep up with a few things.
Past 2 years?

Kimetsu no Yaibai, Promised Neverland, and Dr. Stone

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
okay spoilers for Burn the Witch that changes everything
I am an idiot for not seeing this or reading the side note on the last page or the BLOODY SIGN for their headquarters
they highlight parts in the title to say Bleach

and then they say the universe isn't done yet

plus the sign says Soul Society West Branch

Now I wonder if
this series will forever stay as a one shot and Kubo has no interest in moving it beyond what we just saw

if it does indeed not just stay as some celebratory world building for Bleach and instead becomes its own series, then I wonder if Ichigo and the Eastern Branch will be mentioned

basically potientially a Bleach sequel

-------------------------

Gintama

lol basically a battle royale between Shoya disciples

Dungeion Meshi

they way the handled this turn to a major plotline is soo good

very natural without losing the comedy and chemistry of the series, more so then Helk ever did

Last edited:

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
lmao that very first page of burn the witch,

"I like uniforms"

Last edited:

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I was pretty on board with Burn the Witch until i realized it is
a Bleach spin-off

Seriously Kubo, screw you.

Oct 25, 2017
I Love Yoo Bless you Shin-ae. In this trying to time of a really poorly done roofy plotline, you somehow continue to be just an utter delight. Bless you.

We Never Learn Yep. These were antics. That ended in nude antics. Yep.

Burn the Witch I'm delightfully surprised to see the positive reception this got on here. I enjoyed it, and I appreciate how Kubo went weird with the dragon design. Lots of little plot things I was genuinely kinda impressed by, but mostly how the dragon was being super reasonable and just wanted to eat one witch and didn't want to hurt his friend or the girl his friend liked. The Bleach in the title at the end is classic Kubo, but the soul society Britain makes me go eeeeeeeeh. Anyway, we're all secretly here for Kubo's art and he did not disappoint. Just look at these dorks.

eKNXH6A.jpg

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Dungeon Meshi 46

Milking minotaurs
... Ryoko Kui is letting her freak flag fly more and more. A lot of details explained in this relaxed interlude.
this manga is sooo goood. the world building, the character, storytelling, the humor, the really clean art, the design of just about everything. the elf design from last chapter are all really cool looking too. I can't believe not many people read or talk about it in this forum. I seem to remember people used to talk about it more.

Oct 25, 2017
Burn the Witch

Eh its was fine and the links to Bleach seem intriguing at least (as much as the series sucked)

But that dude going on about panties was annoying and hopefully its relegated to once in a while gags

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this manga is sooo goood. the world building, the character, storytelling, the humor, the really clean art, the design of just about everything. the elf design from last chapter are all really cool looking too. I can't believe not many people read or talk about it in this forum. I seem to remember people used to talk about it more.

Most of us talk about it on Discord now.

Oct 25, 2017
Burn the Witch 1

So, 2 protagonist girls were basically a misfit duo of "Van Helsing" but for hunting on dragons. Let's hope they or the others don't end up the biggest fodder in the near future.

Boku no Hero 190

Looks like Nomu just got......roasted. And it seems that the battle isn't over yet.

Last edited:

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
I see a number of profile icons from it though, so it has some readership. I suppose it's also a finite resource, since it only has 10 chapters a year. The adaptation will also generate more discussion... whenever that's happening.

Come to think of it, what's Shingo Natsume up to? Probably not this, but still.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017

Dungeon Meshi is fantastic, definitely underrated.

Burn the Witch 1

So, 2 protagonist girls were basically a misfit duo of "Van Helsing" but for hunting on dragons. Let's hope they or the others don't end up the biggest fodder in the near future.

Noel is super cute but she's destined to job if this becomes a series, she's Ichigo's successor lol.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Thought the artstyle would be lost with UfoTable after that debut poster for Kimetsu no Yaibai
but that recent PV snippet had it being true to the artstyle
original.gif

now I am interested and I want to see if UfoTable would be able to handle the quirky faces the series likes to always showcase

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
I mean if you want me to gush more about Dungeon Meshi then sure. But there's only so much I can praise it and it'll get repetitive.

Oct 25, 2017
Thought the artstyle would be lost with UfoTable after that debut poster for Kimetsu no Yaibai
but that recent PV snippet had it being true to the artstyle
original.gif

now I am interested and I want to see if UfoTable would be able to handle the quirky faces the series likes to always showcase
Will remain skeptical until we actually see what the show looks like in an episode not a made for a 2 second moment of clip

Oct 25, 2017
Planet With ch5 After lurking the anime thread, I'm pleasantly surprised at the positive reception the anime is getting even though its kinda jank. Anyway, after noticing some minor details in the dialogue, I had a theory about what was up with the kid and I kinda can't believe how right I was or that they just kinda revealed it right there in chapter freaking 5. Anyway, continues to be good. Excited to see anime people's reactions.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying Uzumaki by Junji Ito, but half way through now and something is really bugging me -
why aren't the people in the town responding to the crazy events like normal people? Is it because their senses are being dulled by the spirals? Because like several boys just turned into gigantic snails and everyone was just like "whoa that's crazy. We should call their parents to come get them!" Ummmmm? What about calling the police or scientists or the media or something? And after the girls had their spiral hair battle, the mesmerization of the crowd that was caused by the spirals broke, but the hair remained stuck to the telephone pole for several hours. Yet people just walked by and thought nothing of it?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Happy Sugar Life 25-37

l o l at Shio's mom's past. Sums up this manga pretty well.

Not sure where this is headed at this point. Asahi keeps taking all these Ls

Also I was wondering the same thing as the translators at the passport part lol. Like I don't know much abou them but I'm preeeetty sure you can't just use someone else's like that but eh.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I only lurk in this thread, but chatter about Dungeon Meshi made me buy it. I've only read up through volume 4, but I absolutely love the manga. It has a well-thought out world that feels genuine, as well as very likable characters. I find it really fun to reread too.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Burn the Witch

More than Bleach, this series reminded me of Fantastical Beasts and Arago.

Panties guy is annoying, but I'm already way more interested in the World of Reverse London than I ever was in Bleach and Soul Society.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
But it literally says Soul Society West Branch and Bleach.

Kubo already playing ya for a fool.
Big fucking whoop.

Fairy Tail and Rave Master share so much shit it's disconcerting, but they ain't the same.

Same goes for things like Blame!/Biomega/KoS

You gonna need a lot more than that for me to think "Oh boy this is also Bleach." when there's nothing else in common.

Oct 25, 2017
Burn the Witch

This was actually kind of sad even the ending of it, kind of got emotional for Bargo as not only losing osushi w ho was dead, but also selby, who now died twice. RIP. Too bad it wasnt longer to really show him getting emotional.

Dont know what Nini added to the plot. Bargo was best.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Burn the Witch

I'm upset that I actually liked this. Bargo's face when he was leashed was hilarious. If there was more I would continue reading it which I didn't anticipate after what happened with Bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.