• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I thought you were talking about the "as for me... and soma..." that seemed like it was building towards them dating or something.

Yeah that too. I know its not happening but I wanted to believe :(

Erina takes her man and then sends her on errands lol. This is next level disrespect!!! At least shes an elite 10 I guess.

Last edited:

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading The Devilman Classic Collection right now. Holy fuck those two stories after the Jinmen story are batshit. Especially story two being batshit offensive.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought you were talking about the "as for me... and soma..." that seemed like it was building towards them dating or something.

I hope so too. No matter how hard the author tries to redeem Erina, it doesn't make up for just how stuck up and standoffish she was at the beginning to Soma (and really everyone).

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Masamune kun's Revenge

Man, it's not even over yet and there's a salt storm over Yoshino possibly being the end game. Folks are going insane haha.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Hinomaru Zumou 172-174
I'm glad we got all of these chapters at once lol. I don't know if it is intentional or not, but I found it pretty interesting that I, as a reader knowing nothing about sumo, related to Reina getting clowned on for her lack on sumo knowledge this chapter.

I had no idea that Japan had regulations that are this prejudiced against foreign sumo wrestlers. Only one per stable, and can't even start a stable of their own. It's pretty crazy that they would try to limit the best getting into the sport but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that nationalism would lead to some poor policies like that. Fortunately the author has taken a position against this, and I think this makes Jinou (best in japan as a foreigner) all the more interesting as the end game challenge. Also sumo wrestlers aren't allowed to drive cars? Surprising!

The twist of Jinou's wife actually being helpful instead of just mean was appreciated. The Ushio/Reina development has been the highlight of the recent chapters.
kBdAI25.jpg
The "challenge" to determine a relationship isn't something I haven't seen before, but it was pretty great here and ended up working well for a sumo manga haha. I think everything between Ushio and Reina was handled very well and can't say it is something I would have expected based on the part 1 chapters.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed that no one in this thread has kept up with Lies of Sheriff Evans: Dead or Love, especially after the last chapter's reveal.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Alice in Borderlands

Uh huh, the power of friendship. Well then.

Monstrous hair.
Sucks how the father was treated. These days you'd just vlog or something and that'd be your evidence.

Did he ever take off his hood in front him? Unless he recognized him by voice. The flashback panels have nothing to do with him at all. Unless his friend accurately described the guy who saved him.

Trying to save only her, yeah, okay.

22.1-22.3
This elevator game would've been fine if not for the arbitrary rewarding system.

They do say that "eyes are the windows to the soul" but... okay w/e he's suppposed to be very obersavtional and analytical, I guess...

Talk no Jutsu?

Lara is that you? Hope to see more of her.

Ugh... That's hardcore...

Neat, reminded me of that one scene from The Last of Us.

Hmmm, I'm getting this strange feeling that this author wants to be philosophical about something. Oh well.

Is that a flag? Yes it is. Or not! lol

49.3!
Oh yeah! She's back!

The price for survival...

Let her get some on her own terms, dang it!

I can understand the King's thought, but it's too twisted to offer that when the other party isn't willing. That one event made him irrational regarding salvation, although I can't blame him since he had probably went through a lot.

This girl is freakin cool.

I admit that snap was pretty cool too.

Wth? they're just going to leave him like that?

51.2-51.5
Ugh, I'm too stupid for this "rationality" game. I'd think that the acid would splash everywhere.

How is this guy still moving without proper medical treatment. I would think his wounds should be festering causing all sorts of problems. Painkkillers can only do so much but, hey, he's your psycho villain.

Why do they look so shocked into despair after her story? Sounds like a good time.

Haha, this is crazy! This is great!
She's got them right where she wants them. heh, yep.

They're going to have that face everytime she talks, huh?

Wow, it's freaking Blighttown!

Hm deja vu? Is this an attempt at a life lesson?

End
Okay, one of these endings.

Conclusion

Thought it'd be more clever. Or maybe I'm the one lacking, oh well. I didn't understand the mahjong game at all. Characters that I liked: Heiya, Mira and Kuzuryu. The story felt a bit preachy at times. Art was pretty intense in certain panels which I liked. Anyways it was enjoyable, but not something I'd recommend straight away.

Yuusha ga Shinda! - The Legendary Hero is dead!

ZP1O7kM.jpg

I had this manga on list to read for awhile, kept on seeing it during recommendations, but had never got to it till now. I started from the 1st chapter and didn't look back. This manga is outstanding. It's absolutely hilarious. The characters are all great and very memorable.

A definite 10/10 for me. This sits right beside Helck for me as oustanding titles in the same Fantasy Comedy genre.

Naked Kneesocks FOREVER!!!

Completely forgot Helck ended, thanks for the reminder! Need to finish that. Maybe give Yuusha ga Shinda! a go after.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Komi-san has a communication disorder is pretty good. Anyone else reading?

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy End For You (One-shot) by Numachi Doromaru

21bfou1.png

Friendship between childhood friends is wonderful. Don't bully people, especially when their yandere girlfriend comes back from the USA.

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 905

Sabo panel was great.

Good world design and update on marineford. I wish he could put more content in a chapter. it left me begging for more.

Momiji no Kisetsu 3

Darn what a bad chapter to end the jump start on.

Yoshino is a good character design. Will read for more of him if this continues.
DeS_9IXV4AIu5rG.jpg:small

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Komi-san has a communication disorder is pretty good. Anyone else reading?
Why yes, I'm indeed a member of church Najimi.

It's pretty good. Comfy for lack of better word and quite funny at times.

OPM

Well that's quite something alright. I expect a lot from every OPM chapter but this just went far above and beyond those,mightily impressive. One of best chapters really and love that monster design. And I'm pretty sure he's been churning out these chapters at decent pace so it's all the more praiseworthy.

Tokyo Ghoul :re

And people dare to look at me funny when I say it's the Berserk of our times.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 109

Holy crap, this chapter just dropped the biggest of bombshells. I don't think even the bold-faced type is good enough for this, I need to straight up use tags, that's how monumental it is.

Kashiwagi's boyfriend's name is Tsubasa :O

Definitely wasn't expecting something so earth-shattering from an innocuous chapter.

Also Maki is quickly ascending the best girl list, and it only took two chapters to do it.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Nanatsu no taizai 267 to 269
Ban and melidioas actually seem more like best friends and Estarossa has gotten interesting
Ban has obviously leveled up body strength and spirit wise
Stamina must be unrivalled
Wrap It up sha

Kingdom 560
Lmaoo so funny how shin rapped it up real quick

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of One Punch Man...

One Punch Man 92

Holy shit balls! Garou versus Orochi was incredible as I could hope and I can see how he earned the Monster King title.

kIFErSb_d.jpg

Murata is one of the best manga artists out there
This chapter was amazing, Garou is the best antihero. Idk how I feel about this extra stuff not from the webcomic, but I am loving these fights

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Murata was talking about the OPM manga and someone asked him if he is making things to complex, detailed and action packed for the eventual anime adaptation and he responded that he doesn't care if the anime can't keep up.

Oct 25, 2017
Murata was talking about the OPM manga and someone asked him if he is making things to complex, detailed and action packed for the eventual anime adaptation and he responded that he doesn't care if the anime can't keep up.
I hope artists arent making concessions on their own artwork for an anime adaptation that may never even happen (doubt OPM will keep being animated to get to current content). That seems like a weird question to ask someone.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The final panel teases a new threat that'll likely end up the antagonist of the new arc.
I'm just hoping it isn't one of those things where the author just puts in some filler because they don't know what to do after the most recent arc and then it just kind of flames out and ends. I mean, it's pretty implausible anyone named would get expelled from the school proper so you need outside threats of some kind.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just hoping it isn't one of those things where the author just puts in some filler because they don't know what to do after the most recent arc and then it just kind of flames out and ends. I mean, it's pretty implausible anyone named would get expelled from the school proper so you need outside threats of some kind.

Did no one ever get expelled?

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I think we all figured Food Wars wasn't going to be expelling anyone of significance after it didn't even drop even one of the inconsequential Polar Star dorm members at the big cut offs early on.

Expected one of those two guys I can't remember the names of to get the boot.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should have a horror arc of Food Wars where everyone crash lands and are stranded on a deserted island. In desperation and madness they start killing each other and cooking up incredible dishes then having cannibal orgasms from how delicious someone tasted.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
Goblin Slayer is sooo good!
They should have a horror arc of Food Wars where everyone crash lands and are stranded on a deserted island. In desperation and madness they start killing each other and cooking up incredible dishes then having cannibal orgasms from how delicious someone tasted.
jose.png

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mobuko's Love Ch. 1 - Good Stuff

Old Knight by the Border - Bard Loen Ch. 1 - 2 - That's some gud stuff.

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Killing Me! ch1 by Akiyama

00002tsqen.jpg

Vampire x Vampire Hunter yuri. It's certainly an eye-catching cover and title, and it's a fun first chapter.

Bloom Into You ch32

Guess Nanami can finally carve out her own path now.

Futari Monologue ch18

ch18.10rprrh.png

Friendship between girls is wonderful vital to humanity's survival.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Just finished the first half of Hokuto No Ken

And I have to say

Raohs height is the most inconsistent thing ive ever seen in any media ever

The dude ranges from Kenshiro to Fudoh to literal giant (theres one shot where fudohs kids are at the height of Raohs shins)

Gilgamesh

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, Al
Is there any chance kingdom is ever getting a release here ?
Since it's a Shueisha title, the only publishers likely to pick it up are Viz (which due to its length is unlikely) and Seven Seas who have started licensing and releasing Shueisha titles recently(To-Love Ru and Yuuna), but if they release it would probably be in an omnibus.

I'm still holding out hope somebody will license Ushio and Tora, but it doesn't look like that is ever going to happen either.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Komi-san 1-122
Really loving this series, it's so cute.

I think maybe my favourite thing is the way it juggles the cast, even if they're all mostly one-noters, but it going through different iterations of friend groups and all of them interacting all the time is just really heartwarming cos it avoids the main character/side character syndrome a lot of shows fall into (though you do get a lot of gags which are just 'character reacts in their standard way in one frame, move to next character')

Excited to go into the new school year

Also the parents are so fucking adorable god damn yandere kanojo levels of amazing. The dad and komi-san chapters are so good

Status
Not open for further replies.