• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yoo new update finally adds hudless option!!

th

Edit - correction you can turn off mini map and control hints.

Either way I'm glad this happened :)
fantastic news

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I put this game down for awhile and am trying to relearn the controls. How do I heal and I can't get spinning to work. Could you refresh me?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I just
had Mr. Yin Yang hauled away after a subway brawl and got dumped via text by MJ.
About how long to go?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Glad to see the patches have added some fun little things. Gonna do a second, story only NG+ soon. Really don't like open world games but the story missions here were great and the side quests were not as bothersome/time wastey as other games.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Questions about some Act 3 stuff:

So the inmates have busted out and the Sinister 6 has risen. Now I've got roving gangs of inmates wandering about that I can dispatch or ignore. These roving gangs don't count towards completion in any way, correct? I should still focus on doing random crimes, but if it isn't marked by a red triangle, it's effectively not counted towards completion total? Do they eventually clear themselves up by virtue of completing the story? The last mission I completed was defeating Vulture and Electro.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Questions about some Act 3 stuff:

So the inmates have busted out and the Sinister 6 has risen. Now I've got roving gangs of inmates wandering about that I can dispatch or ignore. These roving gangs don't count towards completion in any way, correct? I should still focus on doing random crimes, but if it isn't marked by a red triangle, it's effectively not counted towards completion total? Do they eventually clear themselves up by virtue of completing the story? The last mission I completed was defeating Vulture and Electro.
When you beat one of those groups it makes it so they don't come back which makes it easier to swing across the city without getting shot at. You're correct, they don't count for any completion.
When you beat the game they all disappear.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Cool thanks. I was starting to lose interest but the shit clearly just hit the fan.

This happened to me too. For people like me, giving me the ability to collect so many things asap is a misstep cause I'll do that til I get sick of the game for not having enough story hooks at the start lol. Eventually I cleared out the side content and only had the story to do mostly and blasted through it. Its exactly why I don't like open world usually.

Thankfully the story ramped up when I got back into it though.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Next DLC is November 20th.

Guess I'm ready for it but I'm expecting it to be more of the same.

Which isn't a bad thing per say but I know what's coming.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Well, I finally completed the main story. That is, without question, the best superhero game I have played by a country mile. I tried to get into the Arkham games and they never quite clicked with me; Spider-Man nailed it from minute one. I can't remember the last time I played a game in which the controls were complicated (allowing you to do a lot of different things) and yet intuitive (so you weren't accidentally doing the wrong one), not to mention justifiable (so you didn't just spam a single move over and over and forget certain buttons on the controller even existed); it's positively brilliant. In a lot of other years, this would be, without question, my GOTY, and yet it has the bad luck to come out in the same year as Red Dead Redemption 2 (possibly my favorite game of all time) and God of War (which I haven't played, but I've watched a fair bit of on YouTube, and it is pretty impressive). But what an absolute joy this game turned out to be. The story is top notch, the acting is wonderful, the combat is engaging and rewarding, and traversing the world is sheer brilliance. I'm not getting the DLC just yet, but I feel like I might bite after they're all released and I can play through an extra few chapters all at once. And I don't know about the platinum; I'll probably get it, but some of those challenge tokens are really fucking annoying, and RDR 2 is calling me back.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Just picked this up in the sale. Playing on easy mode and I have already died 4 times (and counting) during the Kingpin fight.
I am so terrible at action games, this style of combat is really putting me off. I just can't get the timings right and end up button mashing in frustration. Seems very hard to me, considering it's the very first boss fight, on easy mode.
I was mostly looking forward to the traversal and swinging round the city at my leisure, but it's thrown me straight into this long action set piece with endless fights.

Edit: Ugh, this fight just keeps going and going. I thought I'd beaten him but now I'm facing him and his goons.
What do I for crowd control? I'm trying to focus on Fisk but he keeps auto targeting his goons then Fisk smacks me while I'm locked in on some nobody. Very frustrating!

Last edited:

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Well no wonder this game is called Marvel's Spiderman it has the Marvel intro and everything.

Even comes with the branded Stan Lee cameo which actually stung me more than I thought it would. RIP you legend. T_T

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked this up in the sale. Playing on easy mode and I have already died 4 times (and counting) during the Kingpin fight.
I am so terrible at action games, this style of combat is really putting me off. I just can't get the timings right and end up button mashing in frustration. Seems very hard to me, considering it's the very first boss fight, on easy mode.
I was mostly looking forward to the traversal and swinging round the city at my leisure, but it's thrown me straight into this long action set piece with endless fights.

Edit: Ugh, this fight just keeps going and going. I thought I'd beaten him but now I'm facing him and his goons.
What do I for crowd control? I'm trying to focus on Fisk but he keeps auto targeting his goons then Fisk smacks me while I'm locked in on some nobody. Very frustrating!

Beginning is a bit rough. The combat will eventually click and gets easier with unlocks. Don't fret to much I'm pretty sure a lot of people felt the sane way.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Beginning is a bit rough. The combat will eventually click and gets easier with unlocks. Don't fret to much I'm pretty sure a lot of people felt the sane way.

Thanks. I hope it does get easier as I'm really struggling with it at the moment. I unlocked a perk to hit enemies while I'm swinging an object, hoping that could clear swarms, but enemies don't stop swarming me long enough for me to even perform it, I just get hit out of it.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I hope it does get easier as I'm really struggling with it at the moment. I unlocked a perk to hit enemies while I'm swinging an object, hoping that could clear swarms, but enemies don't stop swarming me long enough for me to even perform it, I just get hit out of it.

Doing web bombs gives some good crowd control, and doing take downs to help keep it filled is what I ended up doing a lot. The basic web shooter I never really used a lot. The perfect evade upgrade is good as well helps give you an option to instantly zip to ranged guys for a free take down.

Edit: yeah the object throw is pretty weak as you are always still vulnerable.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Guys needa bit of advice please: struggling to complete one of the bonus objectives from the
Fisk constrction bases; complete 10 finishers. Is this something I'll need to unlock the chain finishers skill in order to complete
? I'm currently level 11.

Spoilered just in case.

Also, do random crimes stop after you stop however many you're meant to?

Btw, Spider-Man is easily my GOTY, love it so much.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Guys needa bit of advice please: struggling to complete one of the bonus objectives from the
Fisk constrction bases; complete 10 finishers. Is this something I'll need to unlock the chain finishers skill in order to complete

Spoilered just in case.

That should be as simple as using finishers 10 times.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

The single most important thing in every fight in the game is avoiding getting hit. Watch for your Spidey sense to go off and hit O when it does. You can have battle sequences where you're just hitting O constantly, and that's by design. The second most important thing is that your gadgets (which you open with L1) are really useful. Early on, all you really have is regular webbing, but hitting R1 a few times in a row will disable an enemy and leave you free to focus on other people. Also, keep in mind you can still use all your moves at any point; if you feel overwhelmed in the Kingpin fight, jump with X and hit R2 to start swinging and get away from everyone.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

Spoilered just in case.

You don't need to, but it definitely helps.
If you do, it becomes almost trivial to do this after you've leveled up a bit. You end up getting additional focus bars and the skill that allows you to chain finishers, which, used in conjunction with the Battle Focus suit power (the very first one you get) gives you a seemingly endless supply of finishers right in a row.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So do we have a release time for this in NA this time?

The Heist launched at 12am midnight in all countries in the world EXCEPT Canada and the USA. Please don't do this again Sony and Insomniac.

jstevenson any details on release time?