KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any cards that give stat buffs to your opponent that can mess with Cerebro? There's Valkyrie that can specifically units to 3 Power which messes with the Cerebro/Mystique combo, but only the C2 varieties, doesn't work with C3 and C5.

Edit: Duh, Red Skull. Just figured it out shortly after posting this.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any cards that give stat buffs to your opponent that can mess with Cerebro? There's Valkyrie that can specifically units to 3 Power which messes with the Cerebro/Mystique combo, but only the C2 varieties, doesn't work with C3 and C5.

Edit: Duh, Red Skull. Just figured it out shortly after posting this.

One time I beat a Cerebro player by Vipering over a 7 power card I think Maximus back when he was 3/7.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
I got 2nd in mine! A mojo variant and credits etc Didn't buy any perks but played far too much as I was pushing for infinite (which I got today as well) pretty successful day in Snap for me.

I'm curious how many points you had to get 2nd and how many points first place had in your league. I had like 6k points in fourth and top place had 10-11k.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Top 3 in ours all had like 20k 😬😬 I really did play too much, work was quiet today haha but also racked up the wins today. Climbed from 90 to 100 on ladder if that helps explain my points

Wow that's quite a lot, tbh I would have assumed someone would have bought boosters to get that high.

I'm kinda happy I seem to be in a more chill league so I can get free stuff without having to spend multiple hours.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I put 3 6 drops in this Blink deck and I have played one single game where I didn't draw all three before turn 5

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully I finished off the Blink mission for the week so I can go back to playing my actual good deck.

image.png

Haven't played something that just felt this good to play in a while

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
That Ultron buff was really silly. Have fun trying to counter both Hela and Ultron cause that's all you are going to be playing against and if you don't counter them you auto lose every match they draw them. Knowing SD's kinda balance they are gonna buff Galactus next to "fix" the new problems they are creating and the old ones they refuse to fix.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Blinks probably up there in the overtuned Season Pass cards list. Doing a bit of what everyone thought Grandmaster was going to do, except in the case of double on reveals, it's more "One really strong on reveal into another" instead.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
She's a top tier 3 drop for sure
The deck I have posted up there? Literally could not work without her. Like, it can get wins without drawing her, obviously. But its consistency would plummet if she were any other card. Which is wild as she seems so innocuous. But she covers so many archetypes at once that she has no real substitutes

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The deck I have posted up there? Literally could not work without her. Like, it can get wins without drawing her, obviously. But its consistency would plummet if she were any other card. Which is wild as she seems so innocuous. But she covers so many archetypes at once that she has no real substitutes
A similar deck to that whooped my patriot deck earlier :(

I'll play this for the Nocturne quest

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
A similar deck to that whooped my patriot deck earlier :(

I'll play this for the Nocturne quest
Just remember, the trick is to ruthlessly delete any and all locations that even slightly inconvenience you or benefit your opponent. There is only really one locations that actually disadvantages this deck for more than a turn. Deep Space. And, of course, the locations that take your deck away from you.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
I got Red Hulk from the store! Now to make a deck for him lol

I'm thinking about reworking my C2 deck too, it's been a while since I played it.

cRRWaEF.png

I like the idea of swapping some cards for Elektra and Leech.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I too love Nocturne. Huge boost for Cerebro 5 to be able to deal with a bad location too. She's almost a 3 drop Jeff in terms of utility. I can see her becoming another one of those cards like Jeff or Nico that ends up in tons of random decks just because what she offers for the cost is pretty much always gonna come in handy.

Hmmmmm a deck of all the cards that end up in a lot of my decks....

Most played of each cost:

Nico
Jeff
Nocturne
Iron Lad
5 drop is hard because it's either Blue Marvel, Prof X, or Valkyrie, have to see how the rest of the deck comes together to pick
Dr Doom

Then maybe....

Nebula
Quake
Wave
Ms Marvel
Other 5 drop
Magneto? She-hulk?

I think my 5 drops become Blue Marvel and Prof X? I dunno about Iron Lad with Prof X in the mix tho sounds scary. I might try this today...

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Quinjet (though more recently Nebula)
Sentinel (more recently Armor and also Lizard)
Cosmos (Killmonger close)
Shang Chi
Gamora
Dr. Doom

My most played cards at each mana slot. All of these I have gold/ink/Kirby splits.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Went back to playing a more classic move deck with storm and I think people forgot how to play against it. Lol. They usually freak out when I lock a location and put a bunch of stuff that will move into there. I have dagger waiting to move into it so if they load up that location before it locks it actually helps

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Bloody love Nocturne. She's not really doing anything that Scarlet Witch can't other than getting the Angela/Hooe bonus, but I love her

Since she's move based she can actually get locations SW can't too, the ones you can't even play SW into.

Not sure about if she can get Deep Space or if Nico/Legion are the only ways to deal with it still...

Rusty Rascal

Sep 25, 2023
Northern Ireland
Since she's move based she can actually get locations SW can't too, the ones you can't even play SW into.

Not sure about if she can get Deep Space or if Nico/Legion are the only ways to deal with it still...
I saw Glen Jones answered that, she doesn't change Deep Space. Something like its her effect so doesn't work, while Nico is adding an effect to the players next action

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nocturne doesn't work on Deep Space, already tried it. But she can still get into stuff like Crimson Cosmos and Sanctorum where Scarlet Witch can't.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Got bored of the Move deck very quickly. Trying out a Destroy deck now, feels a bit dirty.

I need Magik. Someone played her so I was able to put Knull out turn 6, then Arnim turn 7, which put two double-powered Knulls out. My opponent had just Wong>Hazmat>Odin'd me and snapped, then that play won me the game, glorious.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got Red Hulk from the store! Now to make a deck for him lol

I'm thinking about reworking my C2 deck too, it's been a while since I played it.

cRRWaEF.png

I like the idea of swapping some cards for Elektra and Leech.

I have found Ice Man over Echo has been pretty good, can go for the real mind games and a base art with a base art avatar to fool people into thinking you are a bot, then you surprise them with the sudden "Aha it was C2 all along" last game if they haven't been paying attention.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got bored of the Move deck very quickly. Trying out a Destroy deck now, feels a bit dirty.

I need Magik. Someone played her so I was able to put Knull out turn 6, then Arnim turn 7, which put two double-powered Knulls out. My opponent had just Wong>Hazmat>Odin'd me and snapped, then that play won me the game, glorious.

Magik's an option for Destroy, but I think X-23 is generally considered better since her Energy Gain it lets you get that Knull T5 -> Zola T6 or even Deadpool + Zola T6, without giving your opponent an extra turn to create something to counter your power (Which is probably one more turn to draw Shang Chi, Enchantress or Shadow King)

Stabi

Oct 25, 2017
France / san francisco
Magik's an option for Destroy, but I think X-23 is generally considered better since her Energy Gain it lets you get that Knull T5 -> Zola T6 or even Deadpool + Zola T6, without giving your opponent an extra turn to create something to counter your power (Which is probably one more turn to draw Shang Chi, Enchantress or Shadow King)

Yeah x23 is the must have for destroy deck.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

X23 is a better way to do that same move.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Plus so many decks include Location Changing cards it's too risky to waste a turn 3 on Magik and have Limbo shut down. X-23 is always going to be the better option.

Unless that's going to be your surprise Turn 6 play with Legion in a Destroy deck.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one getting that annoying audio bug when I play Hood? Its the sound of the burning paper but it never goes away until I close the app lol.