• The site will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday the 24th at 2AM PST / 5AM EST / 9AM UTC while we perform a software update. We expect this process to take up to 5 hours. Thank you for your understanding and patience. New features will be included.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Marvel to Cancel, Relaunch Entire X-Men Line (Hickman writing ongoing flagship X-Men title)

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
While I have enjoyed quite a few x-men runs over the years, as recently as Red this is awesome and has the potential to be the best thing since Claremont. I was already excited for his first two books but with the entire line relaunched and set around his new main book it could be the premier brand in cape comics.

Oct 25, 2017
Scott/Emma superfans now sound just like Scott/Jean Superfans while Scott and Emma were together.
I'll take fan over super fan. They were a great couple and I'd like to see them get back together. Hickman seems to really like Emma so she should get some of the limelight at least.

:/ that..sounds excessive
I was just kidding. This is more like a new season than a proper reboot. Current X-men is kind of bad so it's welcomed.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Giving Hickman the keys to the X-books is the smartest thing Marvel Comics have done in idk how long

Stoked

OP
OP
Dalek
Oct 25, 2017
I think I’ve still got a Marvel Unlimited free trial so maybe I will.
Start with Fantastic Four and make your way to Secret Wars. (You don't have to read Secret Warriors or SHIELD, but they are good.The Ultimate Universe stuff is optional too. All you really need to know is that it exists and there is an evil Reed Richards over there)

Raguel

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Start with Fantastic Four and make your way to Secret Wars. (You don't have to read Secret Warriors or SHIELD, but they are good.The Ultimate Universe stuff is optional too. All you really need to know is that it exists and there is an evil Reed Richards over there)
Marvel unlimited should have all of this right? I have most of these but still missing several issues

Raguel

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think it should all be on there-not sure about SHIELD though.
Is shield even finished? I have up to whatever issue before it took a multi year break...

I have all the FF and avengers stuff and secret wars. It's the other issues I need to read up on.

OP
OP
Dalek
Oct 25, 2017
Is shield even finished? I have up to whatever issue before it took a multi year break...

I have all the FF and avengers stuff and secret wars. It's the other issues I need to read up on.
Yeah Hickman finally went back and finished the issues.

Oct 29, 2017
Grand Design & Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men have been the few X-Books I've picked up in a long long time and I really do want to get back into the mutants. I'd heard good things about X-Men Red so I might pick up that too around the same time I'll pick up these Hickman issues.

Oct 25, 2017
so is this like an MCU style reboot? American comic books are on record a diminished industry because of so many reboots and disconnected stories. If they can somehow fix that and just make it one continuous story like manga and the DCAU/MCU style of writing, that would probably bring up a huge amount of interest
Nah, just a new person at the helm. Knowing Hickman this will likely draw on a large part of the wider X-Men history, so if continuity is your game then it will probably have more than enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Basically why they keep rebooting, cuz they didn’t. The X-Books have been a mess for years/decades now, and the lack of original ideas and vision contribute to that - both of which hopefully Hickman can bring.
It's not that they reboot to eventually get it right. It's just that every writer that's been in charge of X-Men wants to leave their own stamp on the franchise. Hickman can do amazing things for the X-Men, as long as he's in charge of it. Once he leaves someone else will mess with what he's done, for better or worse.

Oct 25, 2017
Just hearing that Hickman will for sure be on the flagship book after these minis is the greatest thing I could have asked for.

Oct 25, 2017
so is this like an MCU style reboot? American comic books are on record a diminished industry because of so many reboots and disconnected stories. If they can somehow fix that and just make it one continuous story like manga and the DCAU/MCU style of writing, that would probably bring up a huge amount of interest
gross

Oct 25, 2017
Give Magik her own ongoing.

And put Maggott in a book like you teased in X-Men Blue. He deserves to come back.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank fucking God

The X books needed some fucking direction and life injected into them

I mean like the Laura, rouge and gambit, Red and Xforce so it's not bad but uncanny and the line has been dull for a while it's clear they have no idea what to do with the xmen

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
X-Comics are being rebooted again?

There has to be a "good heavens look at the time" meme about this

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's more like relaunches really. And there are more than a few books in Marvel's current line that are well regarded precisely because they were relaunched under a newer, more appealing vision.
I think it's really only the x line that didn't really improve at least the flagship books

Oct 28, 2017
Man. Motherfuckers driving by with kneejerk LOL RELAUNCHES posts are driving me up a fucking wall. This isn't the standard "X-Men Relaunch #53," this is god damned Jonathan Hickman.