Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
Nintendo has shown a tendency to support games long after they've been out (Captain Toad and Skylink most recently), so I wouldn't be surprised if consistent content drops over time become to be a thing for MUA3.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I am curious to see if this controls like past marvel games or will it be like hyrule warriors which team ninja also worked on.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo has shown a tendency to support games long after they've been out (Captain Toad and Skylink most recently), so I wouldn't be surprised if consistent content drops over time become to be a thing for MUA3.
More importantly their KT collabs with Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors had a ton of DLC.....So i expect them to keep the MUA3 going for a while.

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
I am curious to see if this controls like past marvel games or will it be like hyrule warriors which team ninja also worked on.
I'm almost certain the controls will be similar to the previous games. That's a no-brainer, but I do expect them to tinker with the mechanics to keep it fresh.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Of the following list of possible characters, the bold are confirmed, the characters marked with a tilde are rumored:
(Note, some of the teams that are listed below have members that are part of multiple teams, to avoid confusion, I did not repeat characters. For example, Daredevil is in the Defenders team, but he's also part of Marvel Knights)
  • Avengers
    1. Iron Man
    2. Captain America
    3. Thor
    4. Hulk
    5. Black Widow
    6. Hawkeye~
    7. Falcon
    8. War Machine
    9. Vision~
    10. Ant-Man~
    11. Wasp
    12. Winter Soldier
    13. Black Panther~
    14. Doctor Strange~
    15. Captain Marvel
    16. Spider-Woman
    17. She-Hulk
      1. (Running Total 17)
  • Defenders
    1. Daredevil
    2. Iron Fist
    3. Luke Cage
    4. Jessica Jones
    5. Punisher
    6. Elektra
    7. Hellcat
      1. (Running Total 24)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
    1. Star-Lord
    2. Gamora
    3. Drax
    4. Rocket Raccoon & Groot
    5. Mantis
    6. Nebula~
      1. (Running Total 30)
  • X-Men (X)
    1. Cyclops
    2. Phoenix
    3. Wolverine
    4. Deadpool
    5. Storm
    6. Quicksilver
    7. Scarlet Witch
    8. Nightcrawler
      1. (Running Total 38)
  • Agents of SHIELD
    1. Nick Fury
    2. Quake
    3. Squirrel Girl
    4. Ms. Marvel
    5. America Chavez
      1. (Running Total 43)
  • Inhumans
    1. Black Bolt
    2. Karnak
    3. Gorgon
    4. Medusa
    5. Crystal & Lockjaw~
      1. (Running Total 48)
  • Fantastic Four
    1. Mr. Fantastic
    2. Invisible Woman
    3. The Thing
    4. Human Torch
      1. (Running Total 52)
  • Spider-Verse
    1. Spider-Man
    2. Spider-Gwen
    3. Miles Morales
    4. Venom
      1. (Running Total 56)
  • Marvel Knights
    1. Moon Knight
    2. Blade
    3. Ghost Rider
      1. (Running Total 59)
  • Marvel Cosmic
    1. Nova
    2. Adam Warlock
    3. Silver Surfer
      1. (Running Total 62)
The first MUA had 25ish characters. Of this list of 60ish possible characters for the various teams listed above, I'd say it's safe to assume that we get a modest roster of about 35 characters. Taking into account the popularity of the MCU, the following 40 characters will most likely make the cut as part of the final roster:
  • Avengers
    1. Iron Man
    2. Captain America
    3. Thor
    4. Hulk
    5. Black Widow
    6. Hawkeye
    7. Falcon
    8. Vision
    9. Ant-Man
    10. Wasp
    11. Winter Soldier
    12. Black Panther
    13. Doctor Strange
    14. Captain Marvel
      1. (Running Total 14)
  • Defenders
    1. Daredevil
    2. Iron Fist
    3. Luke Cage
    4. Jessica Jones
    5. Punisher
      1. (Running Total 19)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
    1. Star-Lord
    2. Gamora
    3. Drax
    4. Rocket Raccoon & Groot
      1. (Running Total 23)
  • X-Men (X)
    1. Cyclops
    2. Phoenix
    3. Wolverine
    4. Deadpool
    5. Storm
    6. Scarlet Witch
    7. Quicksilver
      1. (Running Total 30)
  • Agents of SHIELD
    1. Quake
      1. (Running Total 31)
  • Inhumans
    1. Crystal & Lockjaw
      1. (Running Total 32)
  • Fantastic Four
    1. Mr. Fantastic
    2. Invisible Woman
    3. The Thing
    4. Human Torch
      1. (Running Total 36)
  • Spider-Verse
    1. Spider-Man
      1. (Running Total 37)
  • Marvel Knights
    1. Ghost Rider
      1. (Running Total 38)
  • Marvel Cosmic
    1. Nova
    2. Silver Surfer
      1. (Running Total 40)
40 characters is a decent end point for the full roster. Have the base game have like 30 or so and put 10 as DLC.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Venom was teased, right? Considering the heat around the character these days, I think he'll end up as playable.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

I wonder if this increases his chances.

I mean he got added back to the mobile games in December and as a solo character doesn't take much to add to the game(whereas the FF are a full team) heck he doesn't even need to be story relevant and can just be a sidequest unlock. While he is another full unique character gameplay wise, I don't think anything story wise would stop him as a late addition. We really need a wider look trailer, a look at the character select and if costumes are back would give us a bunch to talk about

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I wonder if this increases his chances.

I don't think a new Silver Surfer comic specifically means anything for Ultimate Alliance. There was a Silver Surfer comic during the "Fox ban" (which also saw the lack of a Fantastic Four comic).

Maybe if we get a Silver Surfer movie in the MCU, we'll see him pop up in games more often.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I don't think a new Silver Surfer comic specifically means anything for Ultimate Alliance. There was a Silver Surfer comic during the "Fox ban" (which also saw the lack of a Fantastic Four comic).

Maybe if we get a Silver Surfer movie in the MCU, we'll see him pop up in games more often.
He was in the original so he's got series vet going for him and he's a unique character. Also his ban was lifted earlier than the Fantastic Four so I'd say his odds for the base game are good especially when all it takes to add him to the game's story is, ' the GOTG find a strange beacon in the kree storage room and activate it and takes it with them and he shows up and decides to help

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He was in the original so he's got series vet going for him and he's a unique character. Also his ban was lifted earlier than the Fantastic Four so I'd say his odds for the base game are good especially when all it takes to add him to the game's story is, ' the GOTG find a strange beacon in the kree storage room and activate it and takes it with them and he shows up and decides to help

But I don't think a new Silver Surfer comic is an indication over whether he'll appear in this game or not.

DonAntti

Mar 11, 2019
Finland
Khonshu , I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad, Why we fought or why we died. No, all that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important. Valor pleases you, Khonshu , so grant me one request - Grant me Moon Knight! And if you do not listen, then the Hell with you!

164552262-moon-knight-wallpapers.jpg

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
We've got the cover and release date! July 19
D4OcMBvUcAA9WXD.jpg

I'll update the op later but newly confirmed characters by the cover are:
  1. Dr Strange
  2. Deadpool
  3. Ghost Spider
  4. Kid Arachnid (ultimate Spider-Man miles)
  5. NightCrawler
  6. Daredevil
  7. Black Panther
Which puts us up to 27 characters, surpassing the original game's launch roster
So some fun facts, traditionally the cover characters are about a third or less of the roster and are mainly story progression characters that Auto Unlock. Usually there are 5 or so characters that aren't shown in the promo materials that are unlockable in side missions(and may not even be involved with the story). Both previous mua games had about 6 dlc characters or more. Villains mainly.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Nice roster. I'm very hype for this game, shame is not releasing a couple of months earlier.

Edit: thought you said Ghost Rider for a second...

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I bet Phil Coulson will be playable.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Looks to be the best roster by a considerable margin. Both MUA and it's sequel had some weeeird omissions.

And don't get me wrong, I'm happy they're back but the X-Men taking up 60% of the roster wasn't ideal for me.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Roster so far:
  1. Captain Marvel
  2. Iron Man
  3. Captain America
  4. Wolverine
  5. Storm
  6. Nightcrawler
  7. Deadpool
  8. Spider-Man
  9. Kid Arachnid (Miles)
  10. Spider-Gwen
  11. Venom
  12. Star Lord
  13. Gamora
  14. Rocket/Groot
  15. Drax
  16. Thor
  17. Scarlet Witch
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Daredevil
  20. Dr. Strange
  21. Black Panther
  22. Falcon
  23. Hulk
  24. Black Widow
  25. Crystal & Lockjaw
  26. (Vision?)
  27. (Nebula?)
  28. (Nick Fury?)

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So some fun facts:
  • Out of the known teams, Defenders is currently the only one without a fourth member(Dr Stranger likely has defenders has his main affiliation)
  • The only main two teams from the first game that are missing are Marvel Knights(replaced and supplemented by modern defenders title) and Fantastic Four(unless hidden, most likely our first dlc free or paid)
  • There is currently only Lockjaw and Crystal lacking a main affiliation(it is also unknown if they are separate or a joint character). That is if Nick Fury is counted as an Avenger or it turns out there is a Shield team made mostly of unlockables
  • Traditionally the cover of a mua game has mainly story unlocks and slightly under 1/3 of the roster(mua 8/25, mua2 8/24). Mua breaks this trend with 22 characters on the cover and over 30 characters promised(and 27 confirmed)
  • For the first time both X-men and avengers have a full squad on the cover
  • It is possible there is one team of unlockable characters we know nothing about
Also with duos being a thing, I'm hoping for Howard the duck riding Manthing as our curve ball character(and yes this is an actual thing). I also still hope for Squirrel Girl

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We've got the cover and release date! July 19
D4OcMBvUcAA9WXD.jpg

I'll update the op later but newly confirmed characters by the cover are:
  1. Dr Strange
  2. Deadpool
  3. Ghost Spider
  4. Kid Arachnid (ultimate Spider-Man miles)
  5. NightCrawler
  6. Daredevil
  7. Black Panther
Which puts us up to 27 characters, surpassing the original game's launch roster
So some fun facts, traditionally the cover characters are about a third or less of the roster and are mainly story progression characters that Auto Unlock. Usually there are 5 or so characters that aren't shown in the promo materials that are unlockable in side missions(and may not even be involved with the story). Both previous mua games had about 6 dlc characters or more. Villains mainly.
oh wow, so the roster can reach 35, 40 maybe?

Sep 20, 2018
Real bummed that it looks like my good pal Cyclops didn't make it in :(

Also was hoping for Magneto.

I know that the full roster hasn't been revealed yet, but I think we're only getting four X-characters (Deadpool, Wolverine, Storm, and Nightcrawler).

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Real bummed that it looks like my good pal Cyclops didn't make it in :(

Also was hoping for Magneto.

I know that the full roster hasn't been revealed yet, but I think we're only getting four X-characters (Deadpool, Wolverine, Storm, and Nightcrawler).
No team has the full lineup on the box, and traditionally every team has one dedicated alternate as well. But Cyclops hasnt shown up too much in the mua series anyways

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Where did they say that? Ultimate Alliance 2 had 34 characters not counting bosses.
Misremembered, they said dozens of characters and biggest game yet. Which could still mean 36 at launch.

Also we already have the biggest launch roster at 27(mua was 25, 2 had 24)
Why are we calling Miles "Kid Arachnid"?
It was a name he gave himself in a multiverse arc in one of the cartoons to defer to peter. I was teasing people with comic knowledge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
To draw viewers' eyes to the back of the image as well. Putting major characters further back forces your eyes to move around the picture. Doctor Strange is in the back too.

Plus there's a few characters that aren't on the cover either like Gamora and Drax.
I love that NightCrawler of all characters made the cover, I mean you have all these obvious and super popular cover picks then NightCrawler of all characters

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I love that NightCrawler of all characters made the cover, I mean you have all these obvious and super popular cover picks then NightCrawler of all characters

Im absolutely convinced all X-men characters in the cover are there for the sole purpose to communicate the X-men ban is over.

One of these days, Monica Rambeau will get her due. One of these days.

Hopefully she'll bring along enough characters for a NextWAVE themed team.