MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I haven't seen the new avengers movie but if that is a spoiler on the thread title....
Given that this thread is from months before Endgame's release, and given that the MCU didn't had the rights to use Galactus when Endgame was in production, I think you can doubt it. :)

(If you want to be sure about it, then don't worry thread title ain't a spoiler about Endgame)

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Asked this in the other thread, how similar is this game to diablo? Is there loot and does it encourage multiple play throughs to get more loot?

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
]Since we got Janet Wasp and Lang Antman, I hope we get classic Yellowjacket Pym to round things out!
yellow_jacket__hank_pym__by_alexelz_d9zf82u-pre.png

Plus Pym in his classic duds as a costume for Lang
Asked this in the other thread, how similar is this game to diablo? Is there loot and does it encourage multiple play throughs to get more loot?
Original game had unlockable costumes and characters that were recurved in a variety of ways and loot from named mini and main bosses that each character had a single slot for. This game adds iso8 which each characters has 4 slots for and are recieved from tough enemies and bosses along with special challenges and can do everything from add elemental properties to normals, health regen, to other properties

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me:

Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
Squirrel Girl
Teen Loki
Sleepwalker
Songbird

And I'll be a happy lad.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hey OP Kamala was a full avenger before the cartoon for a year. 2015/16

51yy4QfzTGL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Fixed well technically just removed. Please note speculation is months out of date.
However as we are looking to surpass 40 characters already I think we might see 50 in the base roster alone and we could still see dlc on top of that!
didn't know there was an OT
subbed
this is just the prerelease discussion DT, although I did sign up to do the actual OT too but that won't be up till a day before release or so in July. Although I should have all the info I need to write it up after e3

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fixed well technically just removed. Please note speculation is months out of date.
However as we are looking to surpass 40 characters already I think we might see 50 in the base roster alone and we could still see dlc on top of that!

this is just the prerelease discussion DT, although I did sign up to do the actual OT too but that won't be up till a day before release or so in July. Although I should have all the info I need to write it up after e3

You'll do a great OT! You've been following this game like no one else.

I am a huge 35 year collector, so if you want any info, let me know.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Maybe she's an unlockable later character like Colossus and Cyclops?
Nah the conversation with her makes it unlikely. She points out she hung back because she's focused on protecting civilians and she leaves because she found a more lucrative job else where. Also her allergy to spandex. Basically a what's going on here is too big for me speech and that she's off to go do what what she can do

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok since we are now 2 weeks from release I thought it'd be fun to play a little game I've seen elsewhere to give this thread a last hurrah! It is the release leadup anticipated character countdown. Go ahead and follow my template but basically say a character you're looking forward to and why

Day 13: Wasp: one of Marvel's original Heroines, the original female Avenger and the one who named the team along with being on of the biggest mainstays in the teams long history even leading it a few times. Also a unique moveset and overdue for this series(and overlooked in marvel games in general)

Oct 26, 2017
Ok since we are now 2 weeks from release I thought it'd be fun to play a little game I've seen elsewhere to give this thread a last hurrah! It is the release leadup anticipated character countdown. Go ahead and follow my template but basically say a character you're looking forward to and why

Interesting. I'll bite.

Day -14: Venom. I used to be a real big fan of Venom when I was much younger, and I still like the character, but I'm no longer crazy about him. That said, in this game Venom looks really fun to play. He has the Marvel vs Capcom Venom Fang, and he seems to have a "puddle" mechanic based on his boss fight--it really seems like I'm playing the Capcom fighting game Venom in a 3rd person action RPG based on what I've seen of him.

Last edited:

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
How many characters do you think we'll get in each DLC pack? I'm thinking they'll go with 4 or 5 - not too much work but just enough new content to look like effort to justify the money they're charging. This way they can recycle NPC characters into playable characters like Jessica Jones, Cyclops, Colossus or Beast (I'm going with the unplayable X-Men staying unplayable unless I'm proven wrong), but allow for surprising new additions. That'd would, for example, allow for the F4 plus, maybe, Dr. Doom as playable.

The X-Men portion would be meh unless Cyke and/or Colossus are unlockable, leaving room for more new characters. Like Dazzler, Spiral, Silver Samurai or anyone that will let me recreate Konami's X-Men arcade game or Capcom's X-Men COTA.

12-15 new characters for a season pass would be decent. I'd like more than 20 in the Pass, but I'd be expecting a Expansion Pass 2 over that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
How many characters do you think we'll get in each DLC pack? I'm thinking they'll go with 4 or 5 - not too much work but just enough new content to look like effort to justify the money they're charging. This way they can recycle NPC characters into playable characters like Jessica Jones, Cyclops, Colossus or Beast (I'm going with the unplayable X-Men staying unplayable unless I'm proven wrong), but allow for surprising new additions. That'd would, for example, allow for the F4 plus, maybe, Dr. Doom as playable.

12-15 new characters for a season pass would be decent. I'd like more than 20 in the Pass, but I'd be expecting a Expansion Pass 2 over that.
Personally I still think Beast, Cyclops and Colossus are playable. We don't know the full roster yet remember

I'm thinking 5-6. 4 core, and a playable boss that's unlocked via infinity trial with Doom being the most obvious choice but Namor also being a possibility.

While a different era in the original game the devs said they got the assembly so efficient they could make a playable character a week

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
If Beast, Cyclops and Colossus are playable, and limiting myself to 5 characters, my dream X-Men roster would be...

Rogue
Gambit
Dazzler
Silver Samurai
Juggernaut (unlockable trial boss)

Spiral and Omega Red would be too out there. Iceman could be likely, but I find him kind of boring. Sabretooth would be fun, but Juggernaut exists, so... Playable Sentinel is highly improbable. Akuma/Gouki should happen but won't.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Day 12- Crystal: another core and long running member of both Avengers and Fantastic Four along with her home group the inhumans. With her moveset potential she's overdue

Also here's what I've speculated using footage on unlock location including characters I think will be playable

Known unlock locations:

*designates known or likely infinity trial unlock

**speculated unlock normal or infinity trial

Kree spaceship:

1. Drax
  2. Gamora
  3. Starlord
  4. Groot/Rocket
Raft:

1. Iron Man
  2. Captain America
  3. Hulk
  4. Thor
  5. Falcon
  6. Crystal
  7. Black Widow
  8. Scarlet Witch
  9. Captain Marvel
  10. Wolverine
  11. Spider-Man
  12. Miles
  13. Gwen
  14. Kamala
  15. Venom*
Shadowlands

1. Iron Fist
  2. Luke Cage(May unlock on raft or appears there or unlocks here)
  3. Daredevil
  4. Elektra*
Wakanda

1. Black Panther
  2. Storm
  3. Winter Soldier**

Avengers Tower

1. Hawkeye
  2. Wasp
  3. Antman**
  4. Vision**
X mansion

1. NightCrawler
  2. Psylocke
  3. Deadpool
  4. Magneto
  5. Beast**
Dark Dimension

1. Elsa Bloodstone
  2. Ghost Rider
  3. Dr Strange
Attalin: Black Bolt, Medusa(speculated)

Asgard: Loki, Valkyrie(speculated)

Knowhere: Cyclops and Colossus maybe? I see something happening to these two and then getting unlocked later on

Oct 26, 2017
Day -13: Scarlet Witch. I have no particular affection for the character, but she seems to be one of the few heroes shown with an actual healing ability, so that might be fun to use alongside friends. Aside from that, I like how her costume in this game seems to be a cross between her MCU look and her comic look.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Playing catch-up

Day 14: Elsa: I've always been obsessed with Dracula and vampire lore. Elsa is the best version of "Van Helsing". I love her 'tude and she was a member of one of Marvel's funnest teams--Nextwave with a really cool aesthetic to boot. I'm super hyped for her because I have been rooting for her for the longest time, and her getting the spotlight on the E3 stage is just the flippin best!

Day 13: Crystal: She controls the four elements. She's the freaking Avatar! She's my favorite Inhuman alongside Medusa. Really looking forward to playing her in a team of other elemental characters, namely Quill and Maybe Storm.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda surpised that we barely know anything about the main content about this game besides some beginning levels and cinematics.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Kinda surpised that we barely know anything about the main content about this game besides some beginning levels and cinematics.
I mean we know about infinity trial modes, we know that there are story levels in: Kree space ship, The Raft, Shadowlands, Wakanda, X Mansion, Asgard, Dark Dimension, Attalin, Avengers Tower and Knowhere. But yeah they've done a great job of keeping the main story hidden and costumes a surprise as well. In fact while I expect more base characters to be revealed costumes they may keep a surprise till post launch

Oct 27, 2017
It's surprising to me that the extra costumes have been 100% a surprise. I'm wondering if any will be entirely new character models like Beta Ray Bill or Jane Foster for Thor costumes.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
oops i thought this was the other thread... why does this thread even exist, the other one covers all bases lol >_<
The other thread that is now absorbing post e3 info that should be getting its own threads? I made this thread at the beginning of the year exclusively for roster speculation long before that one. Thought it'd be fun to give this one a last hurrah with an anticipated announced characters countdown until the ot opens.

is Jean Grey in this?
Unlikely as she wasn't in the family portrait in the xmansion(neither were iceman or Angel). Still a dlc candidate though

It's surprising to me that the extra costumes have been 100% a surprise. I'm wondering if any will be entirely new character models like Beta Ray Bill or Jane Foster for Thor costumes.
Bill was in the original game, however there was one limitation I think will return and that was no gender swaps. That's because that requires new voice acting whereas same gender costumes can cheat a little. Would not be surprised to see Beta Ray Bill, US Agent, Red Hulk or Vengeance return

Day 12: Ghostrider - series staple and the new bike moves look amazing. Definitely hope he has the phantom rider costume back though

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Day 12: Miles Morales. Never expected this much Spider-Man representation in a game like this. I love the original, but the novelty of having others is really nice. I've stayed away from most gameplay as I want it to be a surprise, but can't wait to see how they implement his Venom Strike.

oops i thought this was the other thread... why does this thread even exist, the other one covers all bases lol >_<
This thread was made months prior to the E3 thread.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Day 12: Ms. Marvel - I adore Kamala. I was initially skeptical when she first came on the scene, which I'm almost always like with legacy characters, but her Pakistani background and endearing personality quickly won me over. Her stories were fun and well-written, and it was awesome watching her grow from a goofy amateur, to becoming a leading Marvel hero. I really look forward to playing as her an embiggening will definitely be awesome in game.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Day 12: Iron Fist

I'm in the middle of playing Ultimate Alliance 2, picked up Iron Fist, and he's a beast! I was wanting to play Iron Fist in this either way, but seeing how fun it was for me to dump all his points into one big power, just to see how much damage it can do, is actually quite fun. I've always liked the Iron Fist power, but the videos of him in this game look particularly dope.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So is this game like Diablo or something? I cant seem to get a real grasp on the game.
Closer to Gauntlet really with some diablo elements. You have team of four heroes selected from a large roster, and you go through a massive story based off the Marvel comic universe written by an actual Marvel writer. Along the way you unlock even more characters to use(each with a basic light combo attack, a heavy attack, 4 specials(3 you unlock as you level up), 4 iso 8 slots(this games loot and equipment) and an extreme attack) everyone has stats that improve as you level them up(when in in your party. Replaying the game with a new team that wasn't available can change the experience completely. There is also Infinity Trials, preset challenges of various types and rearrangements where you can unlock characters, alt costume skins, Iso8's, and exp boosters.

Oct 26, 2017
Day -12: Hulk. Since The Thing isn't in this game(yet), I need a new big bruiser on my team. So, I'll list them from my *least* interested to my *most* interested, starting with ol' Jolly Green himself. I didn't particularly like playing as The Hulk in the MUA games, I thought he was kind of boring, especially for a monstrous engine of destruction like The Hulk. However, in this MUA game he looks pretty fun. He looks absolutely massive compared to how he looked in MUA 1 and 2, and his skills look really satisfying to use. That said, the other "tank" characters of this game look more fun to me.

Is there going to be a lot to unlock, etc?

That's unknown at this time, but it's highly likely that there will be a LOT of stuff to unlock. You can unlock character costumes via the infinity trials, and I think you can unlock characters through there as well, though I could be wrong about that particular detail.

Either way, there are currently 34 characters in this game, and they all have at least one(or more!) alternate costumes in which to unlock through some means. That's a lot of stuff to work toward.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
That's unknown at this time, but it's highly likely that there will be a LOT of stuff to unlock. You can unlock character costumes via the infinity trials, and I think you can unlock characters through there as well, though I could be wrong about that particular detail.

Either way, there are currently 34 characters in this game, and they all have at least one(or more!) alternate costumes in which to unlock through some means. That's a lot of stuff to work toward.

So excited

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Closer to Gauntlet really with some diablo elements. You have team of four heroes selected from a large roster, and you go through a massive story based off the Marvel comic universe written by an actual Marvel writer. Along the way you unlock even more characters to use(each with a basic light combo attack, a heavy attack, 4 specials(3 you unlock as you level up), 4 iso 8 slots(this games loot and equipment) and an extreme attack) everyone has stats that improve as you level them up(when in in your party. Replaying the game with a new team that wasn't available can change the experience completely. There is also Infinity Trials, preset challenges of various types and rearrangements where you can unlock characters, alt costume skins, Iso8's, and exp boosters.

Ok I'm sold. Thank you for the breakdown!