• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
About to finish Episode 7. Really hope we get some actual Punisher action soon lol. Hope to see the costume make an appearance along with that action. I get the want to be more grounded approach these Netflix shows are taking, but come on.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is up with
Karen and guns? It really feels like the show is doing some "both sides" bullshit, which was a bad fucking choice with all the mass shootings lately. If the show wants to be political, make it an indictment of gun violence or stay the fuck out of the conversation.

Not to say I'm not still enjoying the show for what it is. Bernthal is best Punisher.

L4DANathan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fairfax, VA, USA
Ugh, halfway through Episode 9 right now, and
The scene where he talks with Lewis is trash. I guess this version of Frank is just going to be a naiive moron without any character depth and the show either doesn't understand or isn't willing to portray any of the Punisher's main themes. Frank is supposed to understand that he's as bad as these people, but he follows a code to minimize civilian casualties and explicitly imitates the criminals because you can't fight certain kinds of people from the higher moral ground and win. This is definitely the moment where the show convinced me it doesn't care to do the character well, it just wants to capitalize on the brand name.

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the second episode, and I feel like they're really going out of their way to not mention any external Marvel stuff that hasn't been on Netflix. No "Incident", no Hulk, no Stark, nothin. And honestly, I don't mind it.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 3 seemed a little
incoherent with the Afghanistan flashbacks. It just didn't really work.

Enjoying the show nonetheless though. Bernthal is fantastic, as is the guy playing Micro.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man when David's kid hit his sister and went off watching David's face during that scene was heartbreaking. That was such a good scene. It's show how much it hurts him to make that sacrifice. Also I feel as though his wife is eventually come on to Frank though.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yo I'm dead at Frank walking in on Bennett while he was gitting dominated. "Oh shit I got here just in time"

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Three episodes in, and this is easily among the best Netflix/Marvel has done so far

Nothing as great as those first four DDS2 episodes or the prison stuff from that season, but still really good so far

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Three episodes in, and this is easily among the best Netflix/Marvel has done so far

Nothing as great as those first four DDS2 episodes or the prison stuff from that season, but still really good so far
I feel the same. Some can consider it "slow" but I'd more consider it "measured". I feel more like most scenes actually have added up to something interesting so far. Quite a few other Marvel shows I find overall slower. But then again I've only seen the first three.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in enjoying it. Have a few episodes to go but a thought crossed my mind. I'd love to see someone like Walter Hill come on board if there is a season two.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Halfway through episode 3 and I'm glad it isn't just constant action every episode like Daredevil devolved into a lot of the time (which gets a bit boring after a while honestly).

Lot of really good characters so far, and even though the plots been really slow I feel like it'll pick up a bit eventually.

Oct 31, 2017
I am up to episode 6 and really enjoying it so far. I would watch it all the way through tonight, but I'm falling asleep.

Episode 6 spoiler:

I knew that mofo Billy Russo was a snake.

mernst23

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This Dinah subplot is like watching paint dry.

Also,
Frank giving that "clean and care for the dog" speech in Ep. 4 and preaching about how a gun isn't a leverage tool just for show and intimidation, Frank literally used an empty gun as a leverage tool two episodes ago on Wolf. Pretty lazy bit of writing.

there was one bullet in the gun, he shot him in the leg, so not entirely true

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Is this not available for download? I thought I could watch this on my commute today, but I can't see a DL function. Suuucks.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished it. One of the few marvel shows where I felt the last few episodes were actually good. The ending in particular was the best of any Marvel shows. Great way to end imo.

Sygma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another show with too much pointless drama. At episode 9 and there s nothing going on

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Another show with too much pointless drama. At episode 9 and there s nothing going on
Yep. It turned into a soap opera so early...

I wish they'd make these shows leaner, and with less repeat characters and less dull sub-plots. Sub-plots would be fine, if they were interesting, but Netflix has a way of making them feel tacked on, like they're just for padding.

Only three EPs in, but it's dragging just like most of the other Marvel shows. :(

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
First 3 episodes down and I'm really enjoying it so far. Frank and Micro is a great dynamic lol

Buffer

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the whole thing.

A very good show. Great cast. Probably the best Netflix Marvel TV series. Even better than DD S01.

For me, the PTSD kid stuff could've been cut out though.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
6 episodes in. Not what I expected...at all. Like, this is the punisher?
Overall, I'm kind of liking it so far. Super slow burn, hoping for a payoff. If no payoff, then I will hate this show.

Angel DvA

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
watched 3 episodes and I'm out, Bernthal is amazing and delivers for sure but every other characters are pretty bad, the plot is really mediocre, the agent subplot is terrible, the show feels way too looonnnnggggggg and to be honest, it's boring, hope S2 will be better.

OP
OP
Absent

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
Without watching DD S2 i would be a little lost IMO.
Well, most of the characters and plot are self-contained--I would argue that they do even more exposition in this series then his introduction in Daredevil S2. Even without the context of his previous appearance, you can follow this series easily without having to go through DD S2. It helps though, but it isn't necessary.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Im on episode 5 i think?

Love it so far but yeah it does feel stretched out. Thankfully I like most of the characters so far.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Other than that nitpick everyone else is relevant to the main story and im enjoying watching them

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Wtf is up with
Karen and guns? It really feels like the show is doing some "both sides" bullshit, which was a bad fucking choice with all the mass shootings lately. If the show wants to be political, make it an indictment of gun violence or stay the fuck out of the conversation.

Yeah I thought this was really weird as well. I haven't seen much of DD so I didn't know if this was consistent with her character or not, but it felt really out of place.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was pretty entertaining. There were a few episodes in the middle that felt completely unnecessary, but overall it was better than the last few Marvel shows.

I wonder if we'll ever get more Punisher with Disney taking full control.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I started watching it last night, up to episode 4.
Damn i'm finding this way too slow. Every single scene takes waay longer than it should.
I don't like the acting in the Dinah side of the show at all, both her and her assistant are pretty bad.

Hopefully the pace picks up at some point, cause so far it ain't doing much for me.