• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Jake Tapper @jaketapper

Among those who declined the request from @CNNSotu to come on to discuss the mass shootings:@WhiteHouse
Texas Gov @GregAbbott_TX
Texas LG @DanPatrick
Sen @JohnCornyn
Sen @tedcruz, @GovMikeDeWine, @GOPLeader McCarthy@senatemajldr did not respond to our request.

8:08 AM - Aug 4, 2019

One of the top comments has a great idea for that panel. They should set up chairs for each of those people that refused to come with a big enough sign that has their names on it. And Tapper should point out at the start that these people declined to discuss this situation.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017

lbeckman@lbeckman

These photos aren't from the WalMart in El Paso, but 2 others in TX. How are other shoppers supposed to know if they are just carrying an accessory or if they're about to open fire and murder 20?! There's no way to know until they actually start shooting.#thoughtsandprayers

jFVAryD.jpg

6XbQ6rv.jpg

9:31 PM - Aug 3, 2019

You need to carry a gun to Walmart in case the other guy carrying a gun decides to start shooting.

Great way to build a country.

Last edited:

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

lbeckman@lbeckman

These photos aren't from the WalMart in El Paso, but 2 others in TX. How are other shoppers supposed to know if they are just carrying an accessory or if they're about to open fire and murder 20?! There's no way to know until they actually start shooting.#thoughtsandprayers

jFVAryD.jpg

6XbQ6rv.jpg

How are americans not living in constant fear by seeing things like this? If I was a client or employee and saw something like this, I'd be freaking out of my mind thinking he might shoot me at any moment.

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin

lbeckman@lbeckman

jFVAryD.jpg

6XbQ6rv.jpg

This is normal in America? Wtf. If I saw someone holding a gun, I'd run and call the police.

If this is normal, how are people supposed to differentiate between a crazy gunman and someone just showing off the size of their dick?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Fuck guns. Just fuck them. I'm so sick and God damn tired of this. And fuck people who think that owning murder devices is more important than the safety of everybody else

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
If a shooting breaks out in a store, and people start pulling out guns, how does anyone figure out who's the bad guy with all the chaos?

When the police show up, how do they figure out who they can shoot at with people screaming, hiding, waving guns around like vigilante psychos?

Especially if you have people with fucking assault rifles?

How, in that moment, do you mark the evil criminal vs. the everyday gun carrying civilian?

And keep in mind we have cops blindly shooting at dogs and accidentally killing completely innocent people in the process.

I guarantee the open carriers will be the ones hiding in the darkest corner at the slightest sound of gunfire. They literally carry because they're the most afraid of all. That's why these shootings are never resolved by a good guy with a gun.

Aug 1, 2018
This is normal in America? Wtf. If I saw someone holding a gun, I'd run and call the police.

If this is normal, how are people supposed to differentiate between a crazy gunman and someone just showing off the size of their dick?

To be fair to Walmart, I've literally never seen anyone walking around with a gun in normal day-to-day life. I've in fact never actually seen anyone (who isn't law enforcement) open carry a gun in public before.

With that said, there are absolutely places where it's legal to do so.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

lbeckman@lbeckman

jFVAryD.jpg

6XbQ6rv.jpg

What kind of mindset do you have to have where you feel the need to strap an assault rifle to yourself just to go out shopping. The paranoia and projection of impotence is staggering.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE

lbeckman@lbeckman

jFVAryD.jpg

6XbQ6rv.jpg

The elusive good guy with a gun.

Where were they on the 250 occasions before this year?

Never around when you need them.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California

It's only okay if you're white. If you're a POC and carrying a gun like that you'll be shot up by police in a second.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Even Fox's dumbfuck anchors seem befuddled that Texas's Lieutenant Governor is pushing the "violent videogames" angle here.

"This didn't happen when I was a kid," he says. "What's changed since then? Do some homework and you'll see!"

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know what's really telling in this situation? The absolutely deafening silence from everyone who was tweeting and flapping their gums about how bad the milkshaking thing was.

Oct 27, 2017

lbeckman@lbeckman

jFVAryD.jpg

6XbQ6rv.jpg

The insecure squad out and about.

How the fuck are they going to defend themself wearing their weapons like that, they'll be targeted first and dead before they can get a hold of their weapon. It's just a show, look how scared I am.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
On the other hand you have a seemingly large amount of the US population that has some deranged second amendment obsession. Even if you removed corruption and NRA lobbying and such, I wonder how far politicians would be willing to go.
if you can remove the corruption, NRa lobbying will be useless, and politicians will be very inclined to take measures to ban guns, since it doesn't make them profitable to have these deaths at all(unlike now). Gun nuts wouldn't be a problem, cos laws enforced can be carried out effectively. Government can issue a buy back program or anything else to reduce the gun spreading. Border security tightens to prevent smuggling guns in between state. All these will mean nothing if corruption persist strongly.

I say this as i have experienced living in singapore (one of the lowest corruption country in the world, if not the lowest). They can ban and fix things very efficiently, medicare plans are carried out very efficiently, and crimes are also rooted very efficiently, because they (almost) don't have any politicians who will do foolish things like blocking medicare and gun laws. Many ppl will claim that sg is different because sg is small, but that's nonsense, in the past, everyone claim sg cant do shit because they are small. But sg can carry out so many policies effectively because there is almost no corruption there.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

lbeckman@lbeckman

jFVAryD.jpg

6XbQ6rv.jpg

Shouldn't those mags be detached or bolts locked open to show that weapon isn't cocked? Or does TX open carry allow you to carry firearms loaded and cocked?

God I would nope fuck out from area with weekend warriors like this, I have no way of knowing that these heroes have any proper / actual training and skill to handle their weapons safely,

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't those mags be detached or bolts locked open to show that weapon isn't cocked? Or does TX open carry allow you to carry firearms loaded and cocked?

God I would nope fuck out from area with weekend warriors like this, I have no way of knowing that these heroes have any proper / actual training and skill to handle their weapons safely,
In the Freedom state you are allowed to have it loaded and ready, I mean whats the point otherwise amirite?

kess

Oct 27, 2017
if you can remove the corruption, NRa lobbying will be useless, and politicians will be very inclined to take measures to ban guns, since it doesn't make them profitable to have these deaths at all(unlike now). Gun nuts wouldn't be a problem, cos laws enforced can be carried out effectively. Government can issue a buy back program or anything else to reduce the gun spreading. Border security tightens to prevent smuggling guns in between state. All these will mean nothing if corruption persist strongly.

I say this as i have experienced living in singapore (one of the lowest corruption country in the world, if not the lowest). They can ban and fix things very efficiently, medicare plans are carried out very efficiently, and crimes are also rooted very efficiently, because they (almost) don't have any politicians who will do foolish things like blocking medicare and gun laws. Many ppl will claim that sg is different because sg is small, but that's nonsense, in the past, everyone claim sg cant do shit because they are small. But sg can carry out so many policies effectively because there is almost no corruption there.

The Supreme Court has upheld and condoned quid pro quos under the aegis of free speech and personal responsibility, eroding state and local measures against such abuse. They struck down a campaign finance law in Montana despite a historical precedent of mining corporations gaming the political system for their own benefit there.

It's going to have to take a major cultural change, because the corruption is starting to rot the core.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'm so sick of having to argue against gun nuts. I think we need to update which statistics we use so they can't fall back on easy & lazy arguments. For example, Chicago is used a lot of the time.

1. Chicago can have guns brought from other lax states like India.
2. Chicago has more gangs than other areas. As someone from southern california, a lot of gangs target other gang members. Meaning that when these mass shootings happen (different from gang-related shootings), people who have nothing to do with gangs suffer. How often do gang members just start blasting away innocents for the sheer purpose of killing? I can't remember one incident. These domestic terrorists obviously go after innocent people.
3. Sure people can still get guns illegally if they were determined to kill, but guess what? They would now have to go to the black market, of which can scare these cowards off.
4. The amendment was meant to be modified. Literally the definition of an amendment.
5. The 2nd amendment was there for militias, not for everyday gun owners. And even if it was, it was written 200 years ago.
6. If we want to stop violence from occurring apart from these terrorist acts, then stop voting down medicare for all as we need more mental health checkups.
7. Stop voting against more progressive laws that will uplift the poorer communities.

The people who bring up Chicago have no intention of actually doing a thing about the issues here and honestly don't give a fuck.

It's always used as a gotcha for the right because we're the worst in gun violence and murders and California is #1 in gun purchases. And they are both BLUE. So they love pointing that out for some reason as if it makes them right.

They will never visit these areas or even live in them. Or care about the lives lost in these places.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Blaming video games? Fuck off.

And those ppl carrying around rifles are insane. That should be illegal.