• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Sony going for profit obviously since they haven't cut price permanently since 2016 but man we've seen what it does when it drops to that magical price point.

Lots of devices drop in price but don't move the needle much. PS4 still has huge demand.

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Meanwhile in North Korea

KimJongNES.jpg

Did they rename it Super Kim Dynasty in Best-Korea?

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same here in Taiwan today, guys. HUGE day for PlayStation in Taipei with the big sales promotion on both base and Pro Spider-man bundles and PSVR Astro Bot bundles. Along with the Taipei Game Show which just opened today, the marketing push has been insane. My local game shop had a massive lineup out the door when it opened in the morning.

OP
OP
patapon

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Same here in Taiwan today, guys. HUGE day for PlayStation in Taipei with the big sales promotion on both base and Pro Spider-man bundles and PSVR Astro Bot bundles. Along with the Taipei Game Show which just opened today, the marketing push has been insane. My local game shop had a massive lineup out the door when it opened in the morning.

Wow :O

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
The lineup outside of the shops in the major electronics districts here and with the Taipei Game Show would be photo-worthy for this thread.

So it's worth noting that with the promotion here you can get a base PS4 and Spider-man for $259 USD (1/25 - 2/3).
Amazing! A console in its sixth year still drawing in crowds!

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing! A console in its sixth year still drawing in crowds!

PlayStation is a powerhouse brand here in Taiwan. It is simply massive. They do crazy impressive marketing with huge outdoor events that include cosplay and themed sets for demo booths and what have you for just about every major PS title.

My local game shop phased out their Xbox title selection completely to make room for PS/Switch (they still stock a couple Xbox One/X consoles though) so that should tell you something. Consoles here pretty much never go on sale and only incrementally drop in price when the rest of the major regions rollout definite price drops (and PlayStation Taiwan only drops the price after everyone else). So this limited time promotion is a big, big deal right now.

I wanted to grab an Astro Bot PSVR bundle but I just wouldn't be able to get my hands on it. I'd have to brave the massive crowds and lineups at either TGS or one of the larger shops that have enough inventory. I simply do not have the time for it as my 3 year old keeps me plenty busy. lol

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
You've had your chance already. Honestly though at this point just spend the money and get the system. You can find deals on them and in the end another 50 bucks isn't going to matter.

When did I have my chance? The Pro wasn't on sale the past two holidays and that's the only time I was on the lookout. The regular was $200 but I don't want that. I can't be on the lookout constantly.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I could see MS and Sony going on a price WAR now, trying to gather in as many people to their ecosystems as possible, get them using PS+ / Gold, putting out some really good PS+ / Gold games, and trying to lock people in

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see MS and Sony going on a price WAR now, trying to gather in as many people to their ecosystems as possible, get them using PS+ / Gold, putting out some really good PS+ / Gold games, and trying to lock people in

A price war is not going to help MS in these territories at this point.