• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
Still in awe at MHW success, not only for Capcom but for Sony as well, I mean PS4 is at 864k YTD omg, what a beast of franchise.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
so, its 24th in Japan, Capcom little "Experiment" should be going live, is any tracker able to see how many people actually used the RE:7 Cloud or we will be waiting for 3 months till Capcom gives an official statement?

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017

Btw, remember our little niche friend, its soundtrack was released earlier today and currently at the top spot at amazon music

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
Any expectations at all for Sushi Strker?

Probably a 15k FW title, then LTD probably 25-35k

If the good word of mouth it is getting from previews carries over to a larger audience, I can see it doing even a little better than that. At any rate, Sushi Striker would really benefit from a demo, I wonder if that's coming.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
If the good word of mouth it is getting from previews carries over to a larger audience, I can see it doing even a little better than that. At any rate, Sushi Striker would really benefit from a demo, I wonder if that's coming.
I doubt it. It's a really story-heavy game when I was at PAX East. The Nintendo reps had to tell us to skip large amounts of story plots (cutscenes mostly I think, I can't tell) just to get to the stages where we can actually try out the gameplay.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
More than sales I'm more interested to see how RE7 will perform technically on Switch—it might be a new business model for bringing games on Switch if the game runs well.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
so, its 24th in Japan, Capcom little "Experiment" should be going live, is any tracker able to see how many people actually used the RE:7 Cloud or we will be waiting for 3 months till Capcom gives an official statement?

No tracker will have any data to share (not even Famitsu), because there will be no data to begin with. Only Capcom will know how many people bought a pass, and you can be sure they're not going to mention this ever again until comes the time to discontinue the whole thing.

At best we'll have download rankings on the eShop, but considering the client is free to download, that wouldn't tell us much.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No tracker will have any data to share (not even Famitsu), because there will be no data to begin with. Only Capcom will know how many people bought a pass, and you can be sure they're not going to mention this ever again until comes the time to discontinue the whole thing.

At best we'll have download rankings on the eShop, but considering the client is free to download, that wouldn't tell us much.
With a free 15 min demo mode, the client hitting #1 should be pretty easy. After that though, there'll nothing to help us out

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see GOW going over 100k, it deserved even more. At least the rest of the world recognizes its quality,

Oct 27, 2017
Next week is also Detroit : Become Human, curious to see how it will compare to Heavy Rain (26.058 launch week, 39.551 LTD) and Beyond : Two Souls (22.911 launch week, 41.996 LTD).

Japanese dub, mochiron.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Btw, remember our little niche friend, its soundtrack was released earlier today and currently at the top spot at amazon music

Still niche though.^_^ At least with this, we know that Xeno 2 finally is able to break into the heart of Jp fans there. As it is highly loved vs the older Xeno title.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
That's a good baseline for PS4 post holiday. Towards the end of the gen is when Japanese devs really shine. I'm expecting at least one more Tales game. Maybe a surprise Dragon Quest game and another action RE main line. Hopefully From Software, Platinum and CyberConnect 2 have something in the pipeline too. They've been keeping themselves busy with contract work, remasters and ports.

With the already announced games it'll let PS4 shine one more time.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
No Pac-man

001.gif

Nintendo: 67%

Sony: 32,6%

Microsoft: 0,3%
It would be a pacman if you counted 3ds

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All these positivity on Sushi Strikers lol. While i think that is going to be another Codenamed Steam.O_O

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Look at 1,2 Switch! Yes, of course it was a launch game, but nobody expected that kind of game to sell as well as it did.
I think Sushi Striker will get to 100k LTD, it was featured in several directs and seems to be quite meaty in content.

Preorder-wise is nowhere to be seen so I'd not be so sure. Maybe it will surprise but it'll likely end up similarly to Ever Oasis than 1,2... Switch.

That's a good baseline for PS4 post holiday. Towards the end of the gen is when Japanese devs really shine. I'm expecting at least one more Tales game. Maybe a surprise Dragon Quest game and another action RE main line. Hopefully From Software, Platinum and CyberConnect 2 have something in the pipeline too. They've been keeping themselves busy with contract work, remasters and ports.

With the already announced games it'll let PS4 shine one more time.

Below 20k is a good baseline?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
All things considered, Labo did better than I thought.
Yeah, rumours of its demise are greatly exaggerated. Its start wasn't too awe-inspiring, but it is showing some semblance of legs (in UK, too, where it rose in the charts last week compared to the week before). We will have to wait and see on the long term how it will end up performing: by the end of the year we should be in a position to determine how big it will be imo.