• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to say. I'm glad sale threads alive and well.

I like reading all this stuff. Except anything monster Hunter related.

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing we can talk about for MHW that hasn't been said to death already.

djinnEXE

Oct 25, 2017
A week is almost over and this is probably the first time in a long time that a sales age thread hasn't been turned into a MHW + incompetent Capcom vs Nintendo Switchand the fanbase discussion

ikaben

Oct 27, 2017
PREDICTION LEAGUE NOVEMBER 2017

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Oct 30 to Nov 26):

[NSW] Super Mario Odyssey [2nd month] (28 days) - 336,000
[NSW] Nintendo Switch Hardware (28 days) - 215,000
[PS4] Call of Duty: WWII (24 days) - 120,000
[PS4] Star Wars Battlefront II (10 days) - 95,000
[3DS] Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon (10 days) - 1,650,000

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this was posted elsewhere but I just like it in context.

8xa3GJI.gif
lol dang

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem Warriors is completely out of the picture. Unimaginative crossover and it doesn't bode well to KT deluge of Warriors games prepared for Switch.

Mario & Luigi, while probably cheap to put together by reusing assets and design documents is still miserable. Could it signal that we might not be seeing any more of it with the diminishing sales from the last 3 entries? Perhaps they'll gamble one last game but Mario RPG's need a big shake up.

Paper Mario and Mario Luigi will definitely continue.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Speaking of MHW, was there a thread about Aloy being playable in the PS4 version? I just noticed that on the tail end of the PGW trailer.

I'm hoping for huge Mario Odyssey numbers... I noticed a big marketing presence for the game while in Japan a week or so ago, especially the huge E3-booth style demo and kiosk area at Kansai airport.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Konami FY2017 Q2 Presentation Materials
Results for the 6 Months Ending September 2017:
Net Sales: 115.4 bln yen (+13.8% YoY)
Net Profit: 17.2 bln yen (+40.6% YoY)

Plan for the 12 Months Ending March 2018:
Net Sales: 245.0 bln yen
Net Profit: 27.0 bln yen

Q3/Q4 Lineup
PriPri Deco Room! (3DS) - Nov 2017
Metal Gear Survive (PS4/XBO/PC) - Feb 2018
Anubis Zone of the Enders (PS4/PSVR/PC/SteamVR) - Spring 2018

Marvelous FY2017 Q2 Presentation Materials
Results for the 6 Months Ending September 2017:
Net Sales: 11.0 bln yen (-15.3% YoY)
Net Profit: 1.2 bln yen (+54.7% YoY)

Plan for the 12 Months Ending March 2018:
Net Sales: 30.0 bln yen
Net Profit: 4.2 bln yen

Q3/Q4 Lineup
Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns + (3DS) - 2017.12.14
Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura (Switch) - 2017
Senran Kagura: Burst Re:Newal (PS4) - 2018.02.22

GungHo Online Entertainment FY2017 Q3 Earnings Release
Results for the 9 Months Ending September 2017:
Net Sales: 70.0 bln yen (-19.9% YoY)
Net Profit: 17.9 bln yen (-22.6% YoY)

Konami ditching the AAA for the most part was really the best for them. These numbers are much better than what they were doing years ago.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
It better sell more than SMT4 considering its increased scope. SMT4 did 600k, so I really don't see how this will be treated as a big third party exclusive.

Yeah, Atlus likely greenligthed SMTV aiming at higher sales overall, both in Japan and worldwide. After all, when jumping to HD development, scope surely increases. For example, it'd be weird if Capcom doesn't expect MHW to sell at least 4m units worldwide, given sales of previous entries on 3DS.

I would like to know what you defined by increased scope.
I fully expect SMTV to be something like SMTIII and SMTIV, probably a bit closer to the former but in HD eg. top view world map with a simple icon to move around and navigate between closed area where you can rotate your camera just like SMTIII and IV, turn based battle with transition probably 3rd person like SMTIII.
Hopefully we will have better dungeons than in SMTIV which were cakewalks, but that has more to do with difficulty than scope.

Unless there's some direct quotes I missed I see no reason to see a big leap in scope for the game, sales will probably not vary by much in Japan either (~250k).

On another topic, since it was mentioned that PS4 SKU is at nearly 50% off on Amazon, Lost Sphear Switch price didn't move since launch and only has the usual 19% discount.
It most likely means out of the two the most overshipped one as the PS4 SKU (that or better legs for the Switch version, but I don't really buy it)

---

[NSW] Super Mario Odyssey [2nd month] (28 days) - 387,654
[NSW] Nintendo Switch Hardware (28 days) - 343,210
[PS4] Call of Duty: WWII (24 days) - 164,321
[PS4] Star Wars Battlefront II (10 days) - 123,456
[3DS] Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon (10 days) - 1,456,789

Rainrir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to know what you defined by increased scope.
I fully expect SMTV to be something like SMTIII and SMTIV, probably a bit closer to the former but in HD eg. top view world map with a simple icon to move around and navigate between closed area where you can rotate your camera juste like SMTIII and IV.
Hopefully we will have better dungeons than in SMTIV which were cakewalks, but that has more to do with difficulty than scope.

Unless there's some direct quotes I missed I see no reason to see a big leap in scope for the game, sales will probably not vary by much in Japan either (~250k).

On another topic, since it was mentioned that PS4 SKU is at nearly 50% off on Amazon, Lost Sphear Switch price didn't move since launch and only has the usual 19% discount.
It most likely means out of the two the most overshipped one as the PS4 SKU (that or better legs for the Switch version, but I don't really buy it)

---

[NSW] Super Mario Odyssey [2nd month] (28 days) - 387,654
[NSW] Nintendo Switch Hardware (28 days) - 343,210
[PS4] Call of Duty: WWII (24 days) - 164,321
[PS4] Star Wars Battlefront II (10 days) - 123,456
[3DS] Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon (10 days) - 1,456,789

Given how both is tracking, I can't see one SKI being massively over shipped over the other.

I need to look up if Famitsu ever gave us sell though ratios. For some reason I have the impression it is about the same.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Given how both is tracking, I can't see one SKI being massively over shipped over the other.

I need to look up if Famitsu ever gave us sell though ratios. For some reason I have the impression it is about the same.

It was given first week, 20-40% for both SKU, PS4 still at 20-40% 2nd week and Switch SKU already out of the charts.
It may be related to Switch growing installed base as well and retailers expecting better legs for the Switch SKU and not, yet, feeling the need to slash the price.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
The other major demograph for Pokemon Go in Japan (from what I observe) is old (retirement optional) folk who like the walking and collecting aspect. You know, the types who never brought a Gameboy even when Pokemon R/B went on to sell 7 million in Japan, and will not buy a 3DS for Sun/Moon.

I don't mean to nit-pick and I appreciate your posts a lot on this forum, but I need to know more about this part of the post.

I have to say I don't live in the big cities so I cannot be sure it isn't totally different there, but I have never seen this. Most of the older, retirement age folks I see are not only not playing Pokemon GO but most don't even own smart phones. I see I lot of old flip phones and even some phones lacking a screen but with big keypads for easy dialing. My mother in law has an 8+ year old flip phone and my father in law does not even own a cell phone.

I am sure there are some very active Pokemon GO players in the 65+ age range, but I have not encountered them and I believe them to be a niche minority.

The group I do see playing a lot are moms and dads. 30s and 40s. Their kids are playing in the park and they are wandering between gyms and pokestops. I guess I fall into that category myself (or did while I was still playing regularly). From my observations that group is not as big as the high school/collage student demographic but probably just as big as the young kids demographic and almost certainly a lot more profitable.

Again, other people may have different experiences and I would love to hear more about older people and Pokemon GO, but from where I stand I was surprised to read those sentences. I look forward to hearing more.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Speaking of MHW, was there a thread about Aloy being playable in the PS4 version? I just noticed that on the tail end of the PGW trailer.

I'm hoping for huge Mario Odyssey numbers... I noticed a big marketing presence for the game while in Japan a week or so ago, especially the huge E3-booth style demo and kiosk area at Kansai airport.

It was shared in one of the existing Monster Hunter: World threads, I believe. Perhaps it deserves its own thread.

Rainrir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to nit-pick and I appreciate your posts a lot on this forum, but I need to know more about this part of the post.

I have to say I don't live in the big cities so I cannot be sure it isn't totally different there, but I have never seen this. Most of the older, retirement age folks I see are not only not playing Pokemon GO but most don't even own smart phones. I see I lot of old flip phones and even some phones lacking a screen but with big keypads for easy dialing. My mother in law has an 8+ year old flip phone and my father in law does not even own a cell phone.

I am sure there are some very active Pokemon GO players in the 65+ age range, but I have not encountered them and I believe them to be a niche minority.

The group I do see playing a lot are moms and dads. 30s and 40s. Their kids are playing in the park and they are wandering between gyms and pokestops. I guess I fall into that category myself (or did while I was still playing regularly). From my observations that group is not as big as the high school/collage student demographic but probably just as big as the young kids demographic and almost certainly a lot more profitable.

Again, other people may have different experiences and I would love to hear more about older people and Pokemon GO, but from where I stand I was surprised to read those sentences. I look forward to hearing more.

Actually, when I said "old (retirement optional)" I was referring to 40s-50s, not the ones that 60 and up. So in a sense, our experience matches up/

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Actually, when I said "old (retirement optional)" I was referring to 40s-50s, not the ones that 60 and up. So in a sense, our experience matches up/

LOL. I guess as I head toward 40 my idea of "old" has changed. Yeah, plenty of people in their 40s and 50s playing.

BTW. Is it just me or is this a really good MC thread? Been really enjoying reading it.

horuhe

Oct 25, 2017
京都市
As an interesting note:

This is the weekly ranking on the Rakuten Ichiba. Usually "games" products don't even get the 30th place on the weekly ranking, and not even the 50th on the monthly one. We're in front of a monster. We need to remember that Rakuten is the biggest e-commerce site in Japan with more than 30% of marketshare. Odyssey is gonna be huge.

Last edited:

Rainrir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL. I guess as I head toward 40 my idea of "old" has changed. Yeah, plenty of people in their 40s and 50s playing.

BTW. Is it just me or is this a really good MC thread? Been really enjoying reading it.

This is because the MHW talk has been diverted to another thread

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How has the availability been for the Drab Grey and Neon Blue/Red SKUs? The only way I can see 500k happening is if those weren't widely available and the bundle was much more prominent. It's too far ahead previous games in the franchise.

EDIT: It did happen.

Rainrir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I said before 400k or less would be a disappointing result.

This crushed it by a mile

How much of that is Bundles???

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
So Odyssey destroyed my expectations and Switch was somehow still lower than I expected. I guess I should've expected the latter.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So would this be the biggest 3D Mario FW even without counting any of the bundles? I'm super impressed. I did not expect that at all. COMG preorder points were not pointing to such an over performance.

Disappointing for Switch hardware though.

Status
Not open for further replies.