• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Half million for Hyrule Warriors is still on track if it shows legs inside holidays. Everything went more or less as expected this week.

P Diddy

Jul 1, 2020
About a 1250x point multiplier for Age off Calamity based on ComG!'s 137 pts.
------------------
I'll repost the tweet due to bottom of page:

P Diddy

Jul 1, 2020
Additionally, the multiplier seems to be around 1250x, based on Pikmin 3 DX's debut, All Stars' debut, and now AoC's debut.

Djehuty

Sep 2, 2020
Animal Crossing New Horizons will be the first game from a core Nintendo Franchise that will outsell SMB1, just thought that was interesting.

P Diddy

Jul 1, 2020
I haven't checked the COMG multiplier in a long, long time but hasn't this happened several times already in the past year and a half? Or am I misremembering people who assumed it would cross the 1000 mark and then it didn't?
I think it was Week 11's thread. It was when comg reported 1894 sales from their chains for ACNH.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
The 173k from Hyrule is almost exactly the debut of 171k for Pikmin 3 Deluxe. Could be a good comparison.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I know this is last night's discussion, but BOTW will indeed have possibly the biggest exclusive debut ever.

Legs are hard to judge. It's kind of assumed it's just a continuation of Breath of the Wild but we can't count out the chance that it can be another significant step forwards or in a new direction, like Breath of the Wild was.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Switch still sold out everywhere? Was that 173k just what they shipped that week?

Also David my man how are you gonna ignore Momotaro like that.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting 200k for Switch hw, but still good results.
Hopefully we will start to see "holiday boost mode" from now on.
About AoC: considering digital sales it probably is already over 200k sold-through, right? How is it performing on the eShop?

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
Great results but this does beg the question on how many units japan will have (nsw) for the remainder of the year. We know if Nintendo ships a ton it'll sell but it's looking like this holiday remaining weeks will be just about the same as last years.
Yes there isn't a major title vs Pokémon in 2019 but it is pretty noticeable, unless of course demand is settled in japan and it's back to being normal there

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
HWAoC with a strong debut, love to see it. Switch did also great - looking forward to the next couple weeks.

PS5 kinda as expected.
Remember back in 2017 when due to the excitement for BotW everyone assumed BotW 2 would have a shorter development cycle to capitalize on the success? Welp, we're looking at a bare minimum of 4 years between BotW and BotW 2 with a pretty high chance of it being 4 years and a half. Keep in Mind BotW began development in 2013 so it had 4 years of development.
BotW 2 is a mainline sequel to the biggest Zelda game ever (in size) - i never understood the narrative of it needing a short dev time and something that Nintendo would throw out in like 2 years or something. Topping BotW was always going to mean that they would go the extra mile to keep up with the expectations.

It wasnt announced as a side story or some DLC missions, its a full blown sequel in a post BotW world. Being able to re-use some assets and codes from the OG games doesnt prevent the game from being a massive endeavor.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
Top Musou Spin-off First Weeks (OPPW is MC)

656k: OPPW
566k: DQW
385k FotNS
380k: DQW2
269k: OPPW2
173k: HW:AoC <——————
162k: OPPW3
155k: HW (all Sku)
138k: OPPW4

Not the craziest debut but with digital who knows how close it got to OPPW2. That said legs are where this game will shine comparing to others

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Great results but this does beg the question on how many units japan will have (nsw) for the remainder of the year. We know if Nintendo ships a ton it'll sell but it's looking like this holiday remaining weeks will be just about the same as last years.
Yes there isn't a major title vs Pokémon in 2019 but it is pretty noticeable, unless of course demand is settled in japan and it's back to being normal there
Well yeah that's kind of a crucial point, hope we can have some clarity on that.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017

Kaworu

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently (?) no PS4 deals at Amazon this December and it runs instead a Switch one, 20 December release.

Amazon.co.jp: 【Amazon.co.jp限定】Nintendo Switch あつまれ どうぶつの森セット+アクセサリーセット+おまけ付き : Video Games

Amazon.co.jp: 【Amazon.co.jp限定】Nintendo Switch あつまれ どうぶつの森セット+アクセサリーセット+おまけ付き : Video Games

There are many new PS4 bundles that are going to be available from tomorrow on (BF sales), as an example:

Amazon.co.jp: PlayStation 4 + グランツーリスモSPORT + The Last of Us Part II セット 【CEROレーティング「Z」】 : Video Games

Amazon.co.jp: PlayStation 4 + グランツーリスモSPORT + The Last of Us Part II セット 【CEROレーティング「Z」】 : Video Games

I haven't seen anything for December.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
There are many new PS4 bundles that are going to be available from tomorrow on (BF sales), as an example:

I haven't seen anything for December.

While it is a bundle, I wouldn't all it a deal.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Great result for Switch and Zelda Musou but Japan made up a tiny portion of that 3 million.