Status
Not open for further replies.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Impossible to think nobody at Disney didn't instantly make the connection with the name. Baffling.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
it wasn't "GOING THROUGH A WAR", her people were killing innocent people while she was posting on instagram from the safety of her home saying she's thankful for the army who was killing those people. if you're gonna talk about how people are over-reacting at least inform yourself on what it is.
i said i don't think she's an evil person, she's just been brainwashed to support an evil ideology, but it's still worth bringing up. same thing would happen if a thread was made on any other actor/actress if they had done something fucked up or had a fucked up view of things.
I think your clear hatred towards Israel leads to a completely unfair conclusion.
I wouldn't say anything had she actually done something bad or blatantly supported killing of innocents, but you're just saying things now.
There is a clear distinction between what she did (which was only a post hoping for safety of civilians, soldiers and condemning hamas) and famous people who, you know, actually did some vile things. You are proclaiming her to be something she's not with zero basis. Invading this thread with the sole purpose of saying how bad she is and no one should support her makes you look bad.

Wow, talk about a post that shows that your viewpoint is flimsy as hell, and that you have no actual argument, and thus have to resort to spouting out gibberish in place of actual points. Good to know.
You were comparing Gadot to an actual rapist & pedophile, yet I am the one with "filmsy viewpoint" lol
Do you honestly think they are both the same? That's just mental

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
And I presume you know her personally that you imply she's a horrible person or you just assume it because she supported her country whilst it was GOING THROUGH A WAR 4 years ago?
A war with around 2000 palestinian casualties, over half of that being civilians. Yes I would expect better. Nobody forced her to go online and post support for a one-sided slaughter. That's on her and she never actually addressed it properly afterwards. Shouldn't be a surprise that some people care about that.

If you don't care, you're free to ignore those posts anyway.

(which was only a post hoping for safety of civilians, soldiers and condemning hamas)
Absolutely untrue. She specifically portrayed Israel as doing the right thing.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
How about we talk about the movie instead of derailing it with your irrelevant anti IDF/Israel propaganda in every thread? Are you all so eager to show your heroic political views in a thread about an animated movie? the fuck
This thread already has more legs than the one with the Marvel CEO secretly running the department of veteran affairs and it's mostly ire drawn at Gadot.

tenor.gif

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How did this turn into an Israel-Palestine conflict thread? What happened to the talk about the Disney princess cinematic uinverse pilot?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The Disney Princess Sleepover needs to become a Cartoon Sitcom or feature length movie. I don't give a fuck how feasible it is, there is way too mich charm oozing from that scene each trailer. Giving the princesses actual characters and personalitiea beyond their movies is insanely good.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I think your clear hatred towards Israel leads to a completely unfair conclusion.
I wouldn't say anything had she actually done something bad or blatantly supported killing of innocents, but you're just saying things now.
There is a clear distinction between what she did (which was only a post hoping for safety of civilians, soldiers and condemning hamas) and famous people who, you know, actually did some vile things. You are proclaiming her to be something she's not with zero basis. Invading this thread with the sole purpose of saying how bad she is and no one should support her makes you look bad.

You were comparing Gadot to an actual rapist & pedophile, yet I am the one with "filmsy viewpoint" lol

He does this all the time. Derails threads and throws out one sided narratives. I mostly ignore it.

The clip of the Princesses looks great and I will watch anything with John C. Reilly.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Impossible to think nobody at Disney didn't instantly make the connection with the name. Baffling.

Outside of the Era bubble no one is going to make that connection.

She's like Arnold, terrible actor but gets by on charisma and charm.

I wouldn't call her that bad, I was always aware of how fake his acting came across. Maybe she can't do a variety of roles but at least her lines come off as natural.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I don't give a fuck about Disney or their fucking princesses...

But I just realized I would watch the FUCK out of a movie with just them. Shit is like seeing all the Avengers on screen at once.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How I think most viewings of Ralph Breaks the Internet will go.

*introduction to midpoint* "This is okay, I guess..."
*Disney Princess scene* "Yay!!!"
*3rd act to end credits* "That was okay, I guess."

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Point out where i said they were the same. I'll wait. Interesting that you think comparisons require both subjects to be exactly the same. But just so you know, her support for an apartheid regime isn't exactly something a lot of people are willing to handwave, no matter how much you really, really like her as an actor.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wasn't Brave suppose to be a strong independent woman basically everything that a Disney Princess isn't?

Eh, I felt Brave, while decent, was pretty falsely marketed. She's... alright. She doesn't want to just be a submissive woman betrothed to some guy because that's their culture. She has the dress-tearing scene...

Her shirt in the trailer I felt would've been a better title of the film. I'd watch the heck out of "Bear Mum", which is also a more accurate description of the film and its focus.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Maybe in hindsight I should have made the thread title highlight the Disney Princess scene instead of Gal Gadot's character.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Disney Princess in casual clothing is too much power. People went 180 on this movie
Did they? Notice how nobody gives a shit about what the actual movie is [and this has even drawn ire for the rest of the movie as the character this clip reveals looks like a rehash of WIR 1] and everything is focused on a short sequence with the princesses.

BTW for the person saying Leia should be in this, I'm pretty sure she is. There's a whole gag with the princesses making fun of R2D2, and C-3PO and some Storm Troopers are there, I'm reasonably sure Leia is there too. It's how the sequence starts IIRC, with the princesses being ushered into their room by Storm Troopers and Vanellope glitches in after they try to tell her princesses only.

Deleted member 21380

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Twitter is gushing over Mulan. Them kicks.

Are we not allowed to like Wonder Woman anymore? I'm noticing some hostility these past few months.

Ah, Gal Gadot said something people didn't like on Twitter and now of course everything she ever did is pure shite and every thread mentioning her is just a dog whistle to get a few pages of shitting on Israel in. That has been a thing for months now.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Ah, Gal Gadot said something people didn't like on Twitter and now of course everything she ever did is pure shite and every thread mentioning her is just a dog whistle to get a few pages of shitting on Israel in. That has been a thing for months now.

Showing support for a country that is commiting ethnic genocide in what is a one sided slaughter is not just "something people didn't like".

Oct 27, 2017
"Something people didn't like" is her defending genocide. Of course she and her name would be tainted. Especially when she doubled down on it.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It does seem like the more interesting thing for most in here.
I thought that since I had already made a thread about the Disney Princesses being in Ralph Breaks the Internet, this one would have gotten locked and just merged with the old or something.

Oh well! I'm more interested in the Princesses myself so I'm glad that the discussion shifted to that.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Predictable thread derail. No moderator intervention, as per usual.

Ah what the heck. Gal Gadot is awful for defending the IDF, but don't criticize Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer, or numerous other establishment Democrats for their unwavering support for Israel; that's just a dumb purity test!

Status
Not open for further replies.