• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When is Valve changing the TOS to remove these shitty practices?

Developers are using Steam infrastructure to promote during pre-orders and then jump ship
Remove the forums section as well and store listings.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, and also because buying exclusivity is anti-consumer and not a practice worth supporting.

The Epic store is so bad that if they were to try and compete in any other way, nobody would ever use them, but instead of adding features they just do this instead.

Not to defend this but that pratice has been happening for forever on game consoles and happens on Mobile too, is anyone really surprised it's now happening on the PC? Steam makes a ton of money, no wonder others want a piece of the action and exclusive deals are part of getting consumers to your store.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
People just need to face the fact that Steam just isn't special anymore.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Missing out on all of those steam features... Damn.

I'm not buying the game this year, but I will after my self imposed purchasing freeze. I'd rather buy it on steam, 100 percent.

Hopefully epic catches up feature wise.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I really don't get why people still white knight for Steam, do y'all hate GOG too

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
good, hopefully they end up making more money this way.

I'd prefer to buy it on steam but i have no issue with the Epic store.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I'M SO ANGRY I'LL PAY TEN DOLLARS MORE TO HAVE MY BITS IN A DIFFERENT FOLDER!

Actually... no I won't. Thanks for the discount, dudes.

You realize steam has a bunch of features people like, right? FPS counter, big picture mode, steam link. I'm pretty sure Epic doesn't have an app on my tv that I can use to stream games from my pc to tv?

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I'M SO ANGRY I'LL PAY TEN DOLLARS MORE TO HAVE MY BITS IN A DIFFERENT FOLDER!

Actually... no I won't. Thanks for the discount, dudes.

MYbe I don't want yet another store with my personal and credit card info on it ?

Maybe I don't use my gaming pc at a desk with a mouse and keyboard and only use steams big picture to navigate purchase and play my games?

Fragmentation of pc gaming is gut wrenching for me.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Cool to see the physical release will have a Steam key. If there's a good sale on Amazon before February 2020 I might buy it there.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Welp! Thought I was gonna buy this but this makes it much easier not to. Screw this kind of tactics.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Steam looks like losing blood, I hope Valve can reduce their share to %20 to make them stay on the platform. In long term I don't think anything will happen to Steam but things aren't looking pretty.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I love that games are fleeing Steam like it's the plague. Introduce a better alternative, and it shows how eager they were to leave Steam.

Passing the savings onto the consumer is a great move too.

A better alternative = paying for exclusives. That's what you guys seem to want Valve to do. A reduced cut isn't enough.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Nobody on this forum bats an eye if you only game on Nintendo or Xbox. Say that you prefer Steam and all of the sudden you are a lazy entitled asshole that hates devs.

I like to get the most for my money so I mostly shop on Steam. Won't be buying this game. Somehow it's ok for devs to want more for their money but not consumers.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it makes me happy that it'll be cheaper, I thought that it'd end up that the devs or pubs would just keep that extra "cut" they'd be getting from the Epic store.

I'm still going to be buying it.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
As noble as an effort a 'higher cut' is, the way they went about this will do more harm than good for the game, which is a shame since the Metro series deserves success.

Oct 27, 2017
That explains the removal of the regional price on my country (from 500 MXN to 1200, fuck that lmao)

Yeah, I'll buy it on a deep discount then.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Thank Epic and Deep silver passing savings to customers.

PZG1DoQ.png

yCLFL5i.png

Wait what?

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was considering this, but that sends the wrong message. They can take 70% of whatever steep discount on Steam, when I choose to buy it.
It's a difficult decision. Your way is probably the high road here. But this was a dumb fucking decision by the PUBLISHER. I wanted to play this game and support the devs that worked hard to make it.

It just sucks having to make this decision at all.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Drop your margins valve ! For fucks sake, i don't want to use this god damn Epic Store...

Nov 23, 2017
Can we stop with the conspiracy theory about Epics payouts? You know and everyone knows that you're talking out of your ass with no actual data or evidence. If you have proof post it. If not stop assuming there's some back room deal just because they decided on a year exclusivity.

When people said that about certain Sony things about money hats pulled out of their ass they were rightfully called out but apparently it's fair game because epic is cool to hate.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What is all this anger towards the Epic store? In the grand scheme of things does it matter? I mean you can add non steam games anyway to Steam, so I don't see the issue and exclusivity may suck, but other companies do it as well

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I really don't get why people still white knight for Steam, do y'all hate GOG too
Some of you really need to understand that being agaisnt Epic's bullshit moneyhatting bullshit isn't "defending Steam".

Being agaisnt the Epic store and its practices doesn't necessarily mean we dislike every single store that isn't Steam.

Steam is the best storefront, period. Universal controller support, Proton (I really want to migrate fully to Linux one day), etc, so Steam is my #1 option. But I have some games on GoG, Uplay, Origin etc. None of these pull the bullshit Epic pulls.