• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yeah i am blind. But yeah atm i give up on Crackdown and when they show MP. I expected it last year on E3. Nothing happened. Got dissapointed again this year and now i have no clue anymore whats going. That i just wait and see.
Yup no idea what they're doing with crackdown.

All people want to see is the multiplayer. I dont know why they keep avoiding it.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I really really hope this huge investment this year also includes hiring a studio to make Phantom Dust.

The dream will never die.
Yup no idea what they're doing with crackdown.

All people want to see is the multiplayer. I dont know why they keep avoiding it.
And they still have Terry mention skyscrapers in the trailer to remind everyone.

Is Crackdown going to have gameplay demos like last year?

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Loved FH3, even though I hadn't liked a racing game since Most Wanted (the 05? one)

FH4 looked and sounded from descriptions absolutely mind blowing.

Now, theoretically it could still be derailed by: performance issues, netcode, lootboxes (pls no), etc

but:

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why Halo Infinity is in some fancy new engine. All that's really going to do is help guarantee that the Windows version will be ass. It's not like it can't be done in Unreal, or even Unity.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why Halo Infinity is in some fancy new engine. All that's really going to do is help guarantee that the Windows version will be ass. It's not like it can't be done in Unreal, or even Unity.
New engine to me signals that they are doing something new that requires it. That is exciting imo.

Also I wonder if they will license it. Always wondered why Microsoft wasn't doing something like that since that would be right up their alley.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018

Anthem, Crackdown 3 and Days Gone on the same day.

Thank you gamepass because my wallet would catch fire if you didnt exist

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe Sony and MS expect Anthem to get delayed, because that seems like a mistake for both of them.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Loved FH3, even though I hadn't liked a racing game since Most Wanted (the 05? one)

FH4 looked and sounded from descriptions absolutely mind blowing.

Now, theoretically it could still be derailed by: performance issues, netcode, lootboxes (pls no), etc

but:

Boom :)

These MS first party games gonna give goosebumps

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Halo has always been on a proprietary engine, this is surely just further investment in that to the point where they wanted to brand it.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Feb 22? Jesus Christ. I thought for sure it's be early cause of anthem

I'm glad I'm not really interested in anthem and have game pass

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
A Halo built with Unity would be bizarre (and probably make the console version ass).
If they have the talent to make and maintain new engines for this and MCC, they're more than capable of getting something like Unity working well on an Xbox.

Halo has always been on a proprietary engine, this is surely just further investment in that to the point where they wanted to brand it.
Have they ever done that, and why would they start now?

Yes.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I just realized we didnt have to sit through 10 minutes of someone playing call of duty (unless I missed it). Best E3 ever. How are people still confused by console launch exclusive? It literally is in the title. It will launch exclusively on that console.. just like Tomb Raider did and a million other games. Pc is not a console.

What confuses me about it is the term "launch". If it was just console exclusive, then I can see it meaning no other consoles. But the Launch implies that it might launch later on other consoles.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What confuses me about it is the term "launch". If it was just console exclusive, then I can see it meaning no other consoles. But the Launch implies that it might launch later on other consoles.
You arent confused at all. You got it.

Launches exclusively on whatever console. Just like DLC for call of duty used to console launch exclusive on xbox 360

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The new Microsoft Studios banners Kaironaut .

I decided the info (staff etc.) changes too often,so this should be included as text. Hope everyone likes the new style. They work with all ResetEra themes.

14rjdk.png

2lgjyi.png

3mvkgp.png

45pjqq.png

5v7k8f.png

6owk2w.png

7w6jsa.png

87djc2.png

99zko5.png

10ntkga.png

11kxj4b.png

Last edited:

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
I'm sure this will be divisive but here it goes:

How do I support MS more: Buying the games I want outright or Game Pass? I'm close to a Hellblade purchase and will get something like Crackdown next year, but likely won't buy Forza Horizon 4. Do I, essentially, buy 1/3 of their games outright or subscribe to their service?

Status
Not open for further replies.