• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
That seems highly unlikely with Platinum working on two other AAA games (Bayonetta 3 and Babylon's Fall) and some mobile stuff. Not to mention the idea that both Microsoft and Platinum would be willing to jump right back into bed with each other after things didn't work out on Scalebound. Microsoft really needs to take a step back and start consistently putting out good second-party games with stable studios they have an established history with. You've gotta walk before you can run, you've gotta run before you can fly.
aww maaan. okay :(

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
You'd think people in here own and run Microsoft by some of the comments in this thread
A franchise that started on Playstation? No, thank you. I don't want to see the backlash from the community.

If Microsoft wanted to work closely with Capcom again then a new IP would be great.

Why would Microsoft care about people who don't buy their consoles? Business is business

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I love alan wake but i believe an Alan Wake 2 today would 'bomb' harder than the first game

Not only the xbox one isn't nowhere as dominant as the 360 (even using PC to help sales, i don't think it would help much unless they released it day one on steam which i doubt) but people would be far more critical to the gameplay, lack of variety and other... odd... aspects of the game in this day and age.

And frankly i thought american nightmare was a big disappointment. i dont think remedy has on them to continue an intriguing storyline for alan wake, or even another game in "alan wakes universe"
I agree with you, I don't think Remedy are as good storytellers as people make them out to be. However, I think Alan Wake 2 would be great for Xbox, even if it bombs. It would be a statement; that they care about games and fans, not just money, and that with the new people behind Xbox anything is possible. It's exactly why Sony didn't cancel The Last Guardian. There's very negative public opinion around Xbox right now, we all know it. They are going to try to change that perception, and I can't think of many games better than Alan Wake 2 to do that.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I believe Microsoft will continue working with Capcom Vancouver but not on Dead Rising. That IP has been flogged to death.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was an interesting article. Even though Microsoft says they dont want to Game Pass to be Netflix, we do know that streaming is a part of their future.

Why Microsoft is the Right Company to Build "Netflix" of Gaming
This article is very well written, It's interesting. Just finished reading and I am now even more hyped for Scarlet.
"They have original content, they have Xbox Live, they have Xbox, they have Azure, which is the most important part probably, so they're really well-positioned to do a Netflix of gaming," Parsec's Benjy Boxer says.
Boxer argues that the "Netflix of games" won't reach its true potential without changing the nature of gaming itself. He imagines, for instance, a scenario where someone watching a Star Wars film at home could pause the movie and play the action sequences. Developers could also build new game engines exclusively for the cloud, allowing for better graphics and more objects on the screen. (Parsec's current service has its own modest example: If a PC game supports multiple players on the same device, the owner can invite other players to join from anywhere. It's especially useful for indie games that offer local multiplayer, but no online mode.)

"For cloud gaming to really take off, it has to offer unique experiences to the gamer," Boxer says. "Today, the games that people are playing in the cloud are the same games they play locally."

Jan 4, 2018
I agree with you, I don't think Remedy are as good storytellers as people make them out to be. However, I think Alan Wake 2 would be great for Xbox, even if it bombs. It would be a statement; that they care about games and fans, not just money, and that with the new people behind Xbox anything is possible. It's exactly why Sony didn't cancel The Last Guardian. There's very negative public opinion around Xbox right now, we all know it. They are going to try to change that perception, and I can't think of many games better than Alan Wake 2 to do that.
I can think of one that would be the statement to rule them all

SCALEBOUND

Come on Phil! ;)
Hahah

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I think 2019 will be a really Good year for the X with Games Run In native 4K mode

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
The ending was an obvious set up for a sequel, in multiple respects, so no, I don't think it's perfect on its own. A sequel needs to happen.
I'm not sure. The story is one of the best time-travel story because :
You can't change the past.

So no, you can't save Beth. And you can't prevent the end of the time. For me, the end is not a cliffhanger for a sequel, but something like : "Sorry Jack, Paul's plan has always been the only solution and you kill him. Well played !"

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Xbox somehow got Remedy back working on a game and it was Quantum Break 2 over Alan Wake Returns I think I would actually cry but not tears of happiness it would be tears of despair.

Quantum Break is a good game but it's not a great Remedy game, Alan Wake is a great Remedy game with the possibilities of becoming something spectacular in a sequel, especially with that improved Northlight engine and a seemingly better work flow situation that allows them to work on three games at once.

Scarlet + Alan Wake Episodes + Game Pass = I can't actually put into words how excited I would be by that

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What.

Sure, but one can also say it's the community that gives them money. So they don't want to piss tof the people who give them money.

I wonder if writers and their fans have these kind of discussions when deciding who to sell the movie rights to their No 1 best seller should be?

Writer: Im selling my book rights for a film

Fans 1: Sony or Paramount?

Fans 2: But what about Universal?

Fans 3: Disney?

Fans 2: Disney don't understand us they can't do action.

Writer: But Marvel

Fans 1: I like DC actually

Fans 3: Screw DC, Mahvel baby

Writer: Fuck this

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
What.

Sure, but one can also say it's the community that gives them money. So they don't want to piss tof the people who give them money.

Capcom doesn't care about the community if Microsoft wants the game they will let them fund it and keep it exclusive the same as with Street Fighter V Sony funded it and kept it exclusive they didn't care about backlash money is king you people actually think life is fair and everything is equal you must be from the participation trophy era of children

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
What.

If someone offers you good money for a project, you take it. Street Fighter V is exclusive because Sony paid money. We have timed DLC because someone is paying money to deny content on another console until a later date.

Jan 4, 2018
Developers care about keeping the lights on a man with a Spider-Man avatar in here is a joke
Wow! Hahaha let's keep it civilized please people
I agree that MS probably don't care (nor it should) about internet sensibilities. But seeing how long it's been since a game in the series last arrived, I think real fans of the series (not of the platform) would be glad it's coming back and might consider buying a MS console if they didn't own one already (and well, that's basically how you grow your marketshare. By proposing something a potential customer sees as valuable)

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
To add to this discussion. Yes, I agree that money is the most important aspect in any deals. We've seen time and time again that a developer if it feels the money from the deal is worth it. Will abandon any sense of community to go with what better helps them.
SFV as it's being up was on MS's table. Had MS not been focused on KI or decided they wanted to be the main fighter machine. We could've been in a far different time with a Xbox exclusive SF.
Also, when it comes to older IPs. There's less importance on where things show up. Dino Crisis and Onimusha have been asleep for a long time.They have a fan base. But neither title in this discussion would HAVE to be on anything.

Capcom doesn't care about the community if Microsoft wants the game they will let them fund it and keep it exclusive the same as with Street Fighter V Sony funded it and kept it exclusive they didn't care about backlash money is king you people actually think life is fair and everything is equal you must be from the participation trophy era of children

Between this and some of your other posts. Let's tone it down shall we? You can make your points without going as strongly as you are.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My avatar is kinda wrong, since my most anticipated game right now is FH4, but someone was willing to Spidefy it so I changed it.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
You'd think people in here own and run Microsoft by some of the comments in this thread

Why would Microsoft care about people who don't buy their consoles? Business is business

If you are saying that its a business and they can be as ruthless as they want, i tend to agree. The backlash of Rise of the Tomb Raider was hilarious, and not because it was exclusive, but rather people's arguments on why it should be multiplatform. At the end of the day, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are trying to sell consoles so deals like that happen. Thats where I agree, business is business.

If you are saying Microsoft shouldnt care about people who dont buy their consoles, i disagree with that. They are potential customers so they want to entice them.

Im not really sure where youre going with your comment to be honest. Not sure why you brought up the spiderman avatar either.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
To add to this discussion. Yes, I agree that money is the most important aspect in any deals. We've seen time and time again that a developer if it feels the money from the deal is worth it. Will abandon any sense of community to go with what better helps them.
SFV as it's being up was on MS's table. Had MS not been focused on KI or decided they wanted to be the main fighter machine. We could've been in a far different time with a Xbox exclusive SF.
Also, when it comes to older IPs. There's less importance on where things show up. Dino Crisis and Onimusha have been asleep for a long time.They have a fan base. But neither title in this discussion would HAVE to be on anything.

Between this and some of your other posts. Let's tone it down shall we? You can make your points without going as strongly as you are.

I apologize to everyone I thought maybe I was being trolled that's why I said something about the Spider-Man thing all i'm Trying to convey is that the only community any publisher/Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft care about are the investors and business is business they will do what they will do to satisfy them over us gamers so they will put a game anywhere where they can or sale off their company to get the most return on investment all I was trying to say

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
One of my personal theories is that Microsoft has Capcom working on a new exclusive Onimusha game to launch with Scarlett. I wonder if today's announcement of Onimusha: Warlords makes it more or less likely.
More likely for a new Onimusha, extremely unlikely that is exclusive.

You don't make a remaster to all consoles if you planning the sequel as an exclusive.

Edit: But I don't agree with: The series started on Playstation and thus it must always come to Playstation... It's a what, 20 year old franchise at this point, no one should worry about pissing fans for switching platforms after that long (that won't stop entitled fanboys to complain, but that's an entirely different matter :P)

Last edited:

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I'm not sure. The story is one of the best time-travel story because :
You can't change the past.

So no, you can't save Beth. And you can't prevent the end of the time. For me, the end is not a cliffhanger for a sequel, but something like : "Sorry Jack, Paul's plan has always been the only solution and you kill him. Well played !"

It was definitely a cliffhanger.

At the very end you not only see Joyce potentially become an employee of Martin Hatch (who is a Shifter, and the real antagonist pulling strings from the shadows), but also start developing the same precognitive powers that Paul Serene used to have. The very fact that Paul Serene possessed the power to choose between different potential futures, and all the Hatch's background scheming in order to secure that the End of Time really occurs strongly suggest that the future is not set in stone. And while the End of Time will occur some time in the future, because Beth and Paul lived through it, we have no idea if that's a permanent state or just a transition into something else (the whole of Serene's plan was founded on the belief that the permanent solution for the End of Time could be found even after it occurs). Of course, there's also the matter of Joyce whispering "I'll come back for you." in Beth's ear, which is another thing that clearly suggests the story is not over yet, even if in the end Beth's fate remains unchanged (but that's to be seen - we were also lead to believe that Will was gone for sure, and yet he survived).

There are still many, many questions to be answered.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My avatar is based on the game im currently playing or will be playing next. Since I finished Darksiders II last week and am now just waiting for Spider Man. After Spider Man, my avatars will be Shadow of the Tomb Raider, AC Odyssey, RDR 2, Darksiders III and Just Cause 4.

I'm one of the few that's all for exclusives and if Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo wants to pay for them, that's fine as in some cases, if it wasn't for the publishing paying for the game to be exclusive, the game wouldn't exist. An easier solution is to own all three consoles. I'm not the biggest Xbox fan whatsoever but I have owned all three Xbox consoles for various exclusives and in the case of Xbox 360, multi-platform games since it was my primary console. If possible money wise, best thing to do as you simply can't lose.

As for Microsoft paying Capcom for a new Onimusha game, I would be all in on that. Absolutely. Don't even have to think about it. And if it's down to a new Dead Rising game or a new Onimusha game, give me Onimusha. With this said, im fully expecting Dead Rising 5 at Microsoft's E3 2019 conference as a one year timed exclusive (ala DR4) since we all know that Capcom is developing the game.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
My avatar is based on the game im currently playing or will be playing next. Since I finished Darksiders II last week and am now just waiting for Spider Man. After Spider Man, my avatars will be Shadow of the Tomb Raider, AC Odyssey, RDR 2, Darksiders III and Just Cause 4.

I'm one of the few that's all for exclusives and if Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo wants to pay for them, that's fine as in some cases, if it wasn't for the publishing paying for the game to be exclusive, the game wouldn't exist. An easier solution is to own all three consoles. I'm not the biggest Xbox fan whatsoever but I have owned all three Xbox consoles for various exclusives and in the case of Xbox 360, multi-platform games since it was my primary console. If possible money wise, best thing to do as you simply can't lose.

As for Microsoft paying Capcom for a new Onimusha game, I would be all in on that. Absolutely. Don't even have to think about it. And if it's down to a new Dead Rising game or a new Onimusha game, give me Onimusha. With this said, im fully expecting Dead Rising 5 at Microsoft's E3 2019 conference as a one year timed exclusive (ala DR4) since we all know that Capcom is developing the game.
I would be SHOCKED in Microsoft did another timed exclusive deal on a AAA game. Every one of those deals has fallen flat on its face. PLEASE MICROSOFT! Don't do it!

Deleted member 35126

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Remedy remains as one of the top three studios I'd like to see Microsoft acquire despite myself being letdown with Quantum Break. I think working on more projects and doing so in a timely fashion with presumably less of a budget will be good experience for the studio as a third-party and allow for growth. I'd like to see Microsoft make a move on them after a few more projects past Control. I could absolutely see THQ going after them as well, though.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would be SHOCKED in Microsoft did another timed exclusive deal on a AAA game. Every one of those deals has fallen flat on its face. PLEASE MICROSOFT! Don't do it!

I wouldn't be shocked at all to be honest. Personally, I hate timed exclusives because what's the point? The competition gets the game anyway. Better off adding more money and making it a full exclusive instead. Hope Microsoft doesn't do this either or at the very least, not for Dead Rising 5.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Remedy would be a huge get for me. I'm kind of hoping the door is open for something to happen there when their current projects start to wrap up, though I've no idea if that's even reasonable to hope for.

I just really want QB2 and AW2 you guys :(

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Remedy would be a huge get for me. I'm kind of hoping the door is open for something to happen there when their current projects start to wrap up, though I've no idea if that's even reasonable to hope for.

I just really want QB2 and AW2 you guys :(
Remedy would be a great get but I don't see it happening. AW or even a new QB in a episodic fashion would be awesome.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Shenmue got more story with xbox than sony for sure, but that didn't stop them from making a timed deal on it.

It's business, going back in time 2 classic cases being tomb raider going from SEGA to sony and FF from nintendo to sony,

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
So Remedy has three games in development .

Here are some stuff that I found.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/po3fft6y6mkody9/AAC1zSi5ii_4omOyzAbdH-h1a?dl=0
Interesting.

How are you going to handle telling us news of acquisitions? Are you going to tell us of an acquisition once you find major evidence of one, minor evidence or wait it out?

Is anyone else disappointed that Microsoft still hasn't added the ability to download Movies and TV to your console? They had it for the Xbox 360, and I think currently with the PC, but not the Xbox One. It's rare, but sometimes there are issues with my network where the quality drops immensely.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like almost everyone is sleeping on Crossfire 2. Remedy are making an FPS campaign for one of the most popular FPS franchises on the planet.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I really don't think we'll be seeing a MSGP published Remedy game especially with their reorganizations. I have no insight and honestly would love to be proven wrong. They still got Crossfire 2 and Control and i'm sure they managed to get some publisher on board for future multiplat games.

I'm sure we'll be hearing new acquisitions announcements or maybe even announcements of new formed studios before E3 2019 hits. This year would be surprising unless acquisitions often happen at the end of a fiscal year or something economic-related that i'm just not aware of.

Future still looks bright guys. The existing studios get bigger and we'll be seeing new talented people join MS Studios for the upcoming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.