Status
Not open for further replies.

Putfire

May 12, 2018
What events should Microsoft be in this year?

Gamescon
Brasil Game Show
TGA
PGW?
TGS?

I hope Microsoft will use these events for news and create an event of its own

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Online CO-OP??

7a1441133f8837306ec663e71b1e0356.jpg

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they want to be serious about improving their brand worldwide, they should have a Europe and Japan annually from here on out (in addition to E3).

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
They really don't need an Uncharted clone, I'd rather Perfect Dark go the way of Splinter Cell, a 3rd person stealth game, amazing graphics, narrative and awesome gadgets and tools to use, open ended mission structure etc.

I agree, I really don't think that MS should be chasing after Sony's popular franchises, trying to replicate their successes. Partly because every studio should follow its own vision, and I'd rather see them attempt to take their games into completely new, fresh territories. The other part is I'm really not impressed by Sony's western cinematic games. I mean, they're good, visually striking, and often fun for a single playthrough, but I value other things in games over the cinematic elements, and deadly serious themes that those titles tend to put at the forefront.

It hope it will have realistic graphics and not stylised graphics like sea of thieves or Fable Legends. I want realistic looking Fable but with dark mature humour and action.

I really, really hope that the new Fable is going to be none of those things. It should remain stylized and whimsical.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure you want Fable?

It would be good to see a art style change. Maybe not hyper realistic, but I don't want something cartoonish either. PG has to make the series their own, it has to feel like a reboot with a new vision, an art style change helps to make that obvious from the jump.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It would be good to see a art style change. Maybe not hyper realistic, but I don't want something cartoonish either. PG has to make the series their own, it has to feel like a reboot with a new vision, an art style change helps to make that obvious from the jump.

I mean I guess but at what point is it still Fable then.

One of the major defining features of Fable is the whimsical art style. If you're already rebooting the story, and probably gameplay, and probably quest design, etc., then what exactly ties it to "Fable" any more. Why not make a new exciting IP with no expectations?

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I agree, I really don't think that MS should be chasing after Sony's popular franchises, trying to replicate their successes. Partly because every studio should follow its own vision, and I'd rather see them attempt to take their games into completely new, fresh territories. The other part is I'm really not impressed by Sony's western cinematic games. I mean, they're good, visually striking, and often fun for a single playthrough, but I value other things in games over the cinematic elements, and deadly serious themes that those titles tend to put at the forefront.

I really, really hope that the new Fable is going to be none of those things. It should remain stylized and whimsical.

Lionhead style Fable no one wants .I don't want any traces of Lionhead in my new Fable . Lionhead was mediocre dev and did nothing but produce mediocre games.

PG will show Peter how it's done right.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want cartoon Fable .I want realistic Fable with realistic graphics . Xbox need some realistic looking games. Most powerful console but all exclusives with cartoon graphics except Gears and Forza

Fable Legends didn't look overly Cartoony to me. Stylized for a fantasy tilt sure... but not unlike how Gears is stylized for action/horror.

would you want something with a elder scrolls style art direction? i think you lose some of Fables charm of you go that route.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Fable Legends looked amazing. The game had some problems - graphics weren't one of them.

Most beautiful visual implementation of "damage numbers" I've ever seen to be honest.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What events should Microsoft be in this year?

Gamescon
Brasil Game Show
TGA
PGW?
TGS?

I hope Microsoft will use these events for news and create an event of its own

I was just thinking that the other day, they now have enough studios and partnerships that they could do their own annual event, make it January and kick off the New Year in style. To me it's a no brainer.

Also, Fable as a game is an RPG like nothing else on the market really. It's a jolly whimsical world with a certain comedic style and dark humour running through it. Do we want Playground just to make there attempt at The Witcher?

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Lionhead style Fable no one wants .I don't want any traces of Lionhead in my new Fable . Lionhead was mediocre dev and did nothing but produce mediocre games.

PG will show Peter how it's done right.

I'm sorry. but that couldn't be further from the truth. At its peak, Fable was enjoyed by millions of people, and it also reviewed well. It was a very inclusive series that even people who are not hardcore gamers liked because of its simulation elements, and whimsical nature. Something like Fable is sorely missing from today's gaming landscape, especially in the space that it used to inhabit.

Fable Legends looked amazing. The game had some problems - graphics weren't one of them.

Most beautiful visual implementation of "damage numbers" I've ever seen to be honest.

Yup, still a gorgeous game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bringing back to the X shows would be great. Gamescom is more euro focused, so more detail on what has been shown at E3 this year and then projects that are far enough through to show off.

TGS has never been a good show for MS but maybe with the way Phil is approaching things, a TGS presence might be a good shout, specially if he is still courting dev teams for potential buyouts.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I'm sorry. but that couldn't be further from the truth. At its peak, Fable was enjoyed by millions of people, and it also reviewed well. It was a very inclusive series that even people who are not hardcore gamers liked because of its simulation elements, and whimsical nature. Something like Fable is sorely missing from today's gaming landscape, especially in the space that it used to inhabit.

Yup, still a gorgeous game.

Please bro. Nobody remembers or cares about Lionhead Fable .

PG must put their own mark on it and erase eveything related to Lionhead Fable games.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please bro. Nobody remembers or cares about Lionhead Fable.
I do, and I for one never actually liked Fable because IMO it was always great concept, middling to bad execution. But the charm was always spot-on. The charm sold the games to people who otherwise might not give a shit. One thing that made it charming is that it was a firmly British take on British fantasy in a sea of American and Canadian and Japanese fantasy games. It's one of the reasons why people were concerned that Fable might be given to a non-British developer. The Fable games were very popular. There's no disputing that.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I also wouldn't mind if PG attempted a more painterly style. Some of the concept art that Lionhead's artists produced for Fable Legends was simply gorgeous.

fablelegends_flair_bl1ossh.png

fablelegends_verse_bl6gsbb.png

peepers

Dec 10, 2017
Biscay
I regret not getting into the Fable beta back then. I wish I could have taken a look at what was being done, the cancellation was an unexpected blow to me because I was waiting for release to check it out in depth.

Jan 15, 2018
So i just realized what i think helped crackdown 3 look better. They turned off the cel shading during gameplay and improved the lighting/shading. Cutscenes still have the comic outline but gameplay no longer does.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I trust Playground with Fable. Whatever they give us will be polished and amazing. Just now without seeing anything, I'd like the game to still feel like Fable though, just without the rubbish Lionhead were obsessed with.

On another note I wonder what MS and Nintendo are discussing. Probably cross play but there are opportunities for other things.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I trust Playground with Fable. Whatever they give us will be polished and amazing. Just now without seeing anything, I'd like the game to still feel like Fable though, just without the rubbish Lionhead were obsessed with.

On another note I wonder what MS and Nintendo are discussing. Probably cross play but there are opportunities for other things.

Who said they're discussing anything?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

PG must put their own mark on it and erase eveything related to Lionhead Fable games.
I agree. Fable needs a total reboot, with perhaps some elements (humour) from the original series. Something that can really showcase what the One X and subsequent hardware can do.

Oct 28, 2017
If Initiative pans out into the premier MS studio, and Ninja Theory, Compulsion games, Undead Labs can at least rival Sony Bend in output, is MS Studio now on the same level as
SIE Worldwide Studios?

AAA
Initiative
Coalition
Playground games
Turn 10
vs
GG
ND
Sony Santa Monica
Sucker Punch
Polyphony
Japan Studio

AA
Ninja Theory
Compulsion Games
Undead Labs
Rare
vs
Bend
Media Molecule
Sony San Diego

Sorry Rare

Same level in terms of what exactly?

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guess I'm one of the very few who was hoping Playground would be working on something new instead of Fable.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

if you are going to erase everything, why call it Fable?

the only reason to use the name would be to capitalize on the brand... a brand that has no value of "no one remembers or cares about " it.

Last edited:

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
To me the biggest reason to be excited here is how the studio being built, the ones acquired, and the Xbox leadership are all saying the same things about them having creative freedom to make games. That is just as important or more than the actual acquiring, as this seems to be the way that others have grown first party successfully. And if you love video games and the people who make them, this seems like the healthy way to recruit new talent and maintain passion while making games.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
All this Fable talk but WHO IS MAKING THE NEXT KAMEO?!

:(
I don't think we'll ever see it again. Or at least, even if they decide to bring it back, it probably won't be before Banjo, Conker, and Viva Pinata. Which is a shame, Kameo is still my favorite Rare game. Well, OK, it's tied with Nuts & Bolts.

To me the biggest reason to be excited here is how the studio being built, the ones acquired, and the Xbox leadership are all saying the same things about them having creative freedom to make games. That is just as important or more than the actual acquiring, as this seems to be the way that others have grown first party successfully. And if you love video games and the people who make them, this seems like the healthy way to recruit new talent and maintain passion while making games.

I don't doubt that, even their previous studios had creative freedom for the most part (otherwise we'd never get games like Kalimba or LocoCycle), but with increased funding and GamePass, I hope that there will be less pressure on the studios to consistently deliver in fear of being closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.