• Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping we get a good, juicy rumor to get that E3 hype flowing. It's a ghost land for Xbox first party after State of Decay 2 outside of a handful of indie games.

Mar 10, 2018
User Banned (5 Days): Console warring & attempting to create inter-thread drama.
you're the better example of what he mentioned though. never posted here except when someone slightly mention something sony related, then you just drop by to post "wow you guys are obsessed lmao" and disappear again

What a hypocrisy! Slightly related? LOL. After first GOW reviews it wasn't "sligthly". So, you, Xbox fans, are allowed to spew shit about Sony 1st party games in MS thread like "Sony's games are getting good reviews because they are media darlings". It's so sad that you don't get any single warning from mods. Not a single one. Yet, you provoke others and they get a warning or bann. Yes, it's annoying.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
What a hypocrisy! Slightly related? LOL. After first GOW reviews it wasn't "sligthly". So, you, Xbox fans, are allowed to spew shit about Sony 1st party games in MS thread like "Sony's games are getting good reviews because they are media darlings". It's so sad that you don't get any single warning from mods. Not a single one. Yet, you provoke others and they get a warning or bann.
El Em Ay Oh

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
What a hypocrisy! Slightly related? LOL. After first GOW reviews it wasn't "sligthly". So, you, Xbox fans, are allowed to spew shit about Sony 1st party games in MS thread like "Sony's games are getting good reviews because they are media darlings". It's so sad that you don't get any single warning from mods. Not a single one. Yet, you provoke others and they get a warning or bann.

Won't even matter on the topic of "talking shit" (how the hell did you, personally, get offended by what was being discussed) but why do you care so much? Would you rather have people talking shit on the sony thread instead?
You're the one intentionally looking for trouble and you want other people warned. Baffling.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping we get a good, juicy rumor to get that E3 hype flowing. It's a ghost land for Xbox first party after State of Decay 2 outside of a handful of indie games.
Uhhhh...Crackdown 3...then most likely Forza Horizon 4... #shrug...this year ain't like last year...which the internet makes it seem.

EDIT: Theorry we are birds of the same feather.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What a hypocrisy! Slightly related? LOL. After first GOW reviews it wasn't "sligthly". So, you, Xbox fans, are allowed to spew shit about Sony 1st party games in MS thread like "Sony's games are getting good reviews because they are media darlings". It's so sad that you don't get any single warning from mods. Not a single one. Yet, you provoke others and they get a warning or bann. Yes, it's annoying.
"You, Xbox fans" lmao. What the hell are you even doing here?

Rhetorical question btw, it's very transparent.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
When is Crackdown coming out? And if Crackdown and FH4 are all we can expect that's pretty bad.

If Forza Horizon 4 is at least as good as FH3 then its pretty good

I know media outlets like to add "but without forza", "but without racing games" and the like when discussing xbox exclusive games, but they're still games as well. And pretty good ones, even.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018

I have been following Gow review thread and I have not seen anyone talking shit about Gow or saying media is biased nd all.

So, I don't what you are trying to achieve here.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
This Summer.
But that not what you said tho. You said its a ghost land after State of Decay 2. So corrected you on that we still get Crackdown and Forza Horizon 4.

"Its a ghost land"
"Not true. sea of thieves, crackdown, forza, state of decay, these games all came out"
"But i don't like them. So, ghost land"

it usually boils down to this

its one thing to say xbox exclusives dont reach the same quality level as other companies (reasonable enough), its another to pretend they didnt exist

Better than last year. Haha

Edit: I think they will release Ori 2 this year, Halo spin-off this year and the "Gears Spin off" next spring.

Ori 2 is not coming this year

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Let it out, let it all out.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I mean, if you can't even understand that the new GoW and Zelda got people excited because they were radical departures from the old formula, I don't really know what to tell you. Compare those to any Halo, Gears or Forza sequel released in the last decade. There's a reason people are sick of those, and it's not simply because the games are called Halo, Gears and Forza.

Last year's conference was literally only Ori 2 in terms of new first party announcements. Everything else was either a timed exclusive, a multiplat or an update to an old announcement. Let that sink in for a moment. Any Xbox fan who is minimally capable of criticizing their favorite company will understand that the flak MS has gotten in their past 4 shows has been completely justified. Sony's conference also sucked last year, it was the worst of the big 3 (before people start to call me a Sony fanboy again).

Established franchises isn't the problem. Quality, diverse exclusives in the portfolio is what matters. It's not anybody's fault that Microsoft has failed to cultivate a good number of established IPs over the years, unlike Nintendo and Sony who have a pretty wide selection to go back to. And when they do go back they have the talent, the creative freedom and the awareness to try something new instead regurgitating the same old shit.

While I applaud Zelda and God of a War for taking chances and succeeding, I completely disagree with the take that radical departures are what needs to happen for those franchise to be great. People confuse correlation and causation. God of War didn't reinvent the wheel. It hit a home run in game design, graphics and story while using proven gameplay concepts from many games before it. Zelda did something similar. It took the open world formula and tightened it rather than completely innovating it.

Uncharted 4, Mario Odyssey and even Bloodbourne are also considered top games this gen and none of them did anything revolutionary compared to the games before them. I'd equate Mario's hat throwing feature to Spartan abilities if we're talking changes. Differences is Odyssey is a really good Mario game while Halo 5's campaign was worse than every Halo before it.

I played Gears 2 campaign for the first time last week and enjoyed it immensely more than the Gears 4 campaign. So Gears 4's issues were less about it being similar and more about it simply being not as good. Forza's progression and season are worse than they were on the 360...thanks in part to trying to implement loot boxes.

Halo, Gears and Forza need to be great while Microsoft tries to find some additional IPs. Right now they're merely good. Classic Halo's have some of the most memorable FPS missions of all time that are fun to play again today. Halo 5 has none of that. No wide linear levels similar to the best levels from Halo:CE...a game that came out 17 years ago.

It really comes down to a combo of talent and in some cases focus on micro transaction monitization. Coalition is simply not as talented or great at pushing Unreal tech as Epic and 343 is not as talented as the old version of Bungie.

Microsoft needs better talent. Needs better studio leadership. When the talent is there, the game quality will show through regardless of what it looks like on the surface.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
If Forza Horizon 4 is at least as good as FH3 then its pretty good

I know media outlets like to add "but without forza", "but without racing games" and the like when discussing xbox exclusive games, but they're still games as well. And pretty good ones, even.

Oh no doubt. Forza games are great but a known quantity at this point and something I'm honestly a little burnt out on.

Better than last year. Haha

Edit: I think they will release Ori 2 this year, Halo spin-off this year and the "Gears Spin off" next spring.

If a Halo or Gears spinoff gets announced I'll be good.

Oct 26, 2017
I should be free to open a topic on a new statement, no? Intimidation is the first step to giving up on things. No need for that really.

Just report the trolls and move on. A higher investment by Microsoft for Xbox is good news. Period.

Wasn't it last year at GAF that some "insiders" said MS was holding Xbox back, not providing them with a big budget? We could have easily heard the same thing now, but we're hearing the exact opposite and also from a legit reliable source and also not just from Phil Spencer in a tweet, which is nice for a change. It's undoubtedly gonna take a good while before we see any results but I can't think of much better news than this for Xbox owners really.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I don't understand why the Xbox subreddit is such a shitshow

It's honestly making me sad. That place was literally my home on the internet for years from 2013 onwards. Now the subreddit is literally drowning in it's own self-made misery.

Yes for the past few years MS's E3 has been mostly multiplats, but the shows themselves especially from 2015 onwards have been, imo, very good. Game after game after game with a few tech announcements to keep people talking. I do want more first-party titles, but the absolute last thing I want is a CGI trailer for a game that's still half a decade away (coughFF7cough).

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Whats wrong with Crackdown and Forza Horizon though? Admittedly CD3 is kind of a murky one, but FH is consistently amazing. I'd be surprised if FH4 doesn't follow suit.

Well Crackdown 3 has looked pretty bad. It's good that it got delayed but I'm not expecting a massive turnaround with that game.

FH4 is fine I guess? Just expected like a new Madden every year. Kinda looking for something a little more exciting.

My expectations for E3 are now in the dirt though which is probably for the best. :)

BDubsLegend

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
I saw that too. The segregation is real. Lmao.
This is unfortunate. I like Era's Xbox community, but holdover attitudes from the previous forum made it over as well. It's nothing wrong with preferring one publisher over another, but not to the point everything has to be positive or if people disagree they are desperate or fanboys.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I do think that Ori 2 is coming out later this year...November timeframe. I still think MS will show off 2-3 new games. 1 returning IP, and 1-2 new IPs.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I very much doubt it about Ori. The trailer still showed something about a "journey" at the end and not even a 2018 date or anything.
Spring 2019 at the earliest is my guess..

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well Crackdown 3 has looked pretty bad. It's good that it got delayed but I'm not expecting a massive turnaround with that game.

FH4 is fine I guess? Just expected like a new Madden every year. Kinda looking for something a little more exciting.

My expectations for E3 are now in the dirt though which is probably for the best. :)

The Crackdown 3 we have seen was never the intended Crackdown 3. The single player campaign was a late addition as it was initially only going to be online multiplayer. Crackdown 3's destruction multiplayer mode is still a mystery and still has a chance to be amazing. The silence on it for the past few years could be really really good or really really bad. The fact that there is still a chance for greatness for the game is good though

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like that only 3rd person action/adventure games with some basic RPG/crafting/puzzling elements are countend as true games and nothing else. And only if they are 90+ on MC. Tiring...

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Crackdown 3 we have seen was never the intended Crackdown 3. The single player campaign was a late addition as it was initially only going to be online multiplayer. Crackdown 3's destruction multiplayer mode is still a mystery and still has a chance to be amazing. The silence on it for the past few years could be really really good or really really bad. The fact that there is still a chance for greatness for the game is good though
Exactly. I hope Crackdown 3 has a really good singleplayer campaign.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown 3 and Ori 2 are easily my most anticipated titles that we know about. I can barely contain my excitement, I don't know what I'll do with myself once we actually get release dates lol. Crackdown 1/2 and Ori 1 are some of my favorite titles in their respective genres, so the fact that we're getting sequels has me bouncing off walls.
This is unfortunate. I like Era's Xbox community, but holdover attitudes from the previous forum made it over as well. It's nothing wrong with preferring one publisher over another, but not to the point everything has to be positive or if people disagree they are desperate or fanboys.
It has nothing to do with "holdover attitudes from the previous forum" lol. Some posters make it abundantly clear, as did prison architect. There's no victim complex or anything, it's just calling a spade a spade when the spade is acting like a spade.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. I hope Crackdown 3 has a really good singleplayer campaign.

Heard the reason for the game being delayed was the Campaign (wasn't meeting quality standards by MS) and not the cloud-based multiplayer as we all thought. Take this with a pinch of salt since I've just heard that from a couple of users through DM on Era and Twitter and I haven't been able to get further proof.

And idk if Jez, shinobi602 or any other journalist/dev/insider is willing to answer this type of questions through DM, so I'm not wasting my time writing them a message just to be ignored (not meant to be rude, just trying to be realistic).

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Heard the reason for the game being delayed was the Campaign (wasn't meeting quality standards by MS) and not the cloud-based multiplayer as we all thought. Take this with a pinch of salt since I've just heard that from a couple of users through DM on Era and Twitter and I haven't been able to get further proof.

And idk if Jez, shinobi602 or any other journalist/dev/insider is willing to answer this type of questions through DM, so I'm not wasting my time writing them a message just to be ignored (not meant to be rude, just trying to be realistic).
Yeah, I think I've seen that mentioned before. I just hope they were able to take advantage of the delay and the campaign is shaping up nicely.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Crackdown 3 really looked that bad? Obviously it didn't looked like a graphical showcase or something like that, but it looked fun.

BDubsLegend

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Crackdown 3 and Ori 2 are easily my most anticipated titles that we know about. I can barely contain my excitement, I don't know what I'll do with myself once we actually get release dates lol. Crackdown 1/2 and Ori 1 are some of my favorite titles in their respective genres, so the fact that we're getting sequels has me bouncing off walls.

It has nothing to do with "holdover attitudes from the previous forum" lol. Some posters make it abundantly clear, as did prison architect. There's no victim complex or anything, it's just calling a spade a spade when the spade is acting like a spade.
Lol well I was trying to be diplomatic about it.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Crackdown 3 really looked that bad? Obviously it didn't looked like a graphical showcase or something like that, but it looked fun.

I mean they delayed it for a reason. For me personally I thought the game looked dated. Like a cleaner looking version of a game that would have dropped 10 years ago. I did hear it's more fun to play than watch...

Status
Not open for further replies.