Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2017
If ms wants gamepass to be like netflixs they have to show a lot of games big or small. They need at least a new title every 2 months. Showing 2 new games won't be enough

groganos

Jan 12, 2018
Ohhhhiiiiyyyoooo
yo horizon 4 is my most anticipated game this year I sunk hours into 3, so I'm looking forward to it but I mean I hoping crackdown 3 is good and state of decay but hmm I hope e3 is interesting too. Also, jeez what's with the xbox fans comment? I dont get why people get so upset over vidya games...

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
If ms wants gamepass to be like netflixs they have to show a lot of games big or small. They need at least a new title every 2 months. Showing 2 new games won't be enough
MS needs 6 games a year in my opinion. Every two months and is the reason why I think Ori will be coming out this year.
March - Sea of Thieves
May - State of Decay 2
June - Crackdown 3
August - Forza Horizon 4
October - Ori 2
December - <New Game...maybe Gears Spinoff, maybe the kart game>

Then start the cycle again next year...though I think they can move Forza to Sept, and Ori2 to Nov and have a Dec/Jan game.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But mediocre visuals and big fun is what I expect for a Crackdown game!

Oh yeah absolutely! I certainly don't find anything wrong at all with medicore visuals. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, I have to be ok with medicore visuals lol.

I think I was just surprised because it seems like Microsoft would want to push their first party titles as far as possible in order to take advantage of the X. Either way though, I'm who says gameplay > visuals.

Nov 11, 2017
MS needs 6 games a year in my opinion. Every two months and is the reason why I think Ori will be coming out this year.
March - Sea of Thieves
May - State of Decay 2
June - Crackdown 3
August - Forza Horizon 4
October - Ori 2

Then start the cycle again next year...though I think they can move Forza to Sept, and Ori2 to Nov and have a Dec/Jan game.
So you saying they won't have anything feb thru like september? I doubt they announce something at e3 and release in 3 months besides forza .

I think halo will be March other then that they need more games.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
I'm honestly kinda excited about SoD2. Other than the dopey animations it looks like a massive improvement over the first game.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh yeah absolutely! I certainly don't find anything wrong at all with medicore visuals. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, I have to be ok with medicore visuals lol.

I think I was just surprised because it seems like Microsoft would want to push their first party titles as far as possible in order to take advantage of the X. Either way though, I'm who says gameplay > visuals.
If Crackdown 3 will do something right it absolutely will be great and fun moment-to-moment gameplay.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
March - Sea of Thieves
May - State of Decay 2
June - Crackdown 3
August - Forza Horizon 4
October - Ori 2

They announced Super Lucky's Tale at E3 last year and released it in november. Could do things like these again.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
March - Sea of Thieves
May - State of Decay 2
June - Crackdown 3
August - Forza Horizon 4
October - Ori 2

I agreed with the launching a game on game pass every two months was a good strategy, and that was set up to start with for SoT in March and SoD in May. It was interesting to see Robocraft Infinity launch in game pass in April, maybe they want to launch a game in game pass every month? Would be pretty ambitious to start with that.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
March - Sea of Thieves
May - State of Decay 2
June - Crackdown 3
August - Forza Horizon 4
October - Ori 2

That be something.

However, what happens in 2019? Dead year? We know these games take a long time to produce. There's no way MS has over 5 secret games to come out for 2019.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018

I think that C3 was a victim of that kind of great graphics for the X expectation, and that's why it got delayed.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I am in the camp of keep your own games out of Q4. Its third party war then and let marketing bundles do the job of selling consoles. Have maybe some nice Gamepass additions in those months to help even more.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus...I outline this year and people jump to next year...LMFAO! Wow you guys. I basically was talking about the games that they have this year.

Halo 6 can still be released in the spring...they still have unannounced titles. Like really, this is the reason why I say MS should just not say anything...can give an outline for the rest of the year...doom and gloom for the following. LOL.

Nov 11, 2017
Jesus...I outline this year and people jump to next year...LMFAO! Wow you guys. I basically was talking about the games that they have this year.

Halo 6 can still be released in the spring...they still have unannounced titles. Like really, this is the reason why I say MS should just not say anything...can give an outline for the rest of the year...doom and gloom for the following. LOL.
I mean we already know what's coming this year e32018 should be about next year and this fall.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
March - Sea of Thieves
May - State of Decay 2
June - Crackdown 3
August - Forza Horizon 4
October - Ori 2

Crackdown, FH4, Ori 2, and a Gears spinoff by the end of the year would leave me pretty damn satisfied.

When do you expect Crackdown to be re-revealed? If Crackdown is shown at E3 and ships in June, it'll definitely be with retailers ahead of the announcement, so that would likely leak. Maybe it'll launch digitally first right at the conference.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Relax. ;)

I just don't think they have enough content to keep up with the 1-game-per-2-months schedule. Ori will probably be Q1 2019 and I hope 343i takes their time with Halo.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Crackdown, FH4, Ori 2, and a Gears spinoff by the end of the year would leave me pretty damn satisfied.

When do you expect Crackdown to be re-revealed? If Crackdown is shown at E3 and ships in June, it'll definitely be with retailers ahead of the announcement, so that would likely leak. Maybe it'll launch digitally first right at the conference.
I'm all in with surprise "digital first" releases during E3.

Nov 11, 2017

I have crackdown for july

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017

Halo 6 as like a February release would be incredible and probably what the series needs at this point. Give it space, room to breathe away from the other big blockbuster shooters. And this way, 343 can outline a roadmap of DLC maps and modes for the entire rest of the year to keep people engaged.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I wasn't even considering the possibility of seeing Halo 6 in the Spring. If the spinoff rumors aren't true, I kinda do expect Halo 6 in the first half of 2019.

But really... that would mean if the Xbox 4 is in 2020, we won't see Halo on it for 2+ years! And without a game from any of their big studios lining up with a 2020 release except for Horizon 5... I don't know how they'd handle launching that console.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
That's pretty significant considering he's been saying for years that Microsoft is not increasing their first party initiative or increasing investment in gaming. He said that as recently as last year too. This quote's change in attitude in combination with Jez Corden saying he thinks Microsoft will give Xbox more budgeting in the near future. Very quick change.

Nov 11, 2017
For some reason I wasn't even considering the possibility of seeing Halo 6 in the Spring. If the spinoff rumors aren't true, I kinda do expect Halo 6 in the first half of 2019.

But really... that would mean if the Xbox 4 is in 2020, we won't see Halo on it for 2+ years! And without a game from any of their big studios lining up with a 2020 release except for Horizon 5... I don't know how they'd handle launching that console.
It'll be just like how the xbox one launched or new studios they'll be fine.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Who was the poster that said MS is opening up their war chest and going after external developers to make games for the Xbox? I think something like bringing more PC games to Xbox.

That, in combination with the recent news has me very hopeful.

Oct 27, 2017
I agreed with the launching a game on game pass every two months was a good strategy, and that was set up to start with for SoT in March and SoD in May. It was interesting to see Robocraft Infinity launch in game pass in April, maybe they want to launch a game in game pass every month? Would be pretty ambitious to start with that.
I see it as first party games every other month and smaller games in the between months. Also they still have Forza 7, Horizon 3 and MCC to add in the summer months to pad out any non new releases.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017

With Game Pass, Halo 6 should be built as a GaaS that lasts for 4+ years. It should also be a priority game that gets updated to support the next Xbox. You won't need to worry about the next Halo on the next Xbox if Halo 6 is treated a cross gen game thanks to Game Pass.

If Halo 6 is 2019, then Gears 5 will be 2020. That will be the showcase title for the next Xbox.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Halo 6 on PC will make use of the same Nvidia RTX tech as Metro Exodus. I would have to imagine Microsoft is trying to make Halo 6 an absolute showcase for the X and high end PCs.

Oct 27, 2017
Who was the poster that said MS is opening up their war chest and going after external developers to make games for the Xbox? I think something like bringing more PC games to Xbox.

We've already been seeing the fruits of that. With the slew of indie games announced at last E3 and stuff like robocraft or hello neighbor coming to the system first etc

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise

I think that rumor was backed up by someone at Obsidian, which is promising.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be just like how the xbox one launched or new studios they'll be fine.

It's just that the Xbox One launched with games made by independent studios they no longer have relationships with. I just broke down the possibilities below and the majority of them seem like they failed. I bolded the candidates I think might be making launch games, and it's very few, as you can see.

Looking at the launch window lineup exclusives...

Forza 5 -> Fully expect a Motorsport or Horizon title at launch.
Killer Instinct -> I expect this one to get a new gen patch with a new season, definitely a good candidate.
Dead Rising 3 -> Capcom Vancouver has had a staff reduction after Dead Rising 4 didn't do too well, and that one was no longer a full exclusive. I could see another launch exclusive, but I find it somewhat unlikely as we already know it's Dead Rising 5.

Zoo Tycoon -> Wasn't highly rated, was followed up with Screamride which also wasn't highly rated. Now they make Jurrassic World and Elite Dangerous as self-published games, which are doing well. I doubt they're going to make another MS exclusive.
Fighter Within -> Ubisoft... only exclusive due to Kinect, unlikely to repeat.
Ryse: Son of Rome -> Crytek has been in trouble since then and doesn't have staff to make a AAA game. Considering how the relationship with MS went last time, I doubt this will be repeated
Crimson Dragon -> Doubt this will be repeated given how it turned out
Lococycle -> Studio is no longer with MS
Titanfall -> Respawn is making Titanfall 3 and Star Wars, Titanfall 2 wasn't exclusive, I doubt this will be repeated.
Sunset Overdrive -> First game did poorly while Ratchet did well and Spiderman will likely do well. I see Insomniac following up on both Ratchet and Spiderman, they won't have bandwidth to work with MS anytime soon.

Even factoring in later games...

Quantum Break -> Didn't do well, they're with another publisher now
Scalebound -> Relationship sounded disastrous, platinum is unlikely to come back
Reagent -> we'll see how Crackdown 3 does, but it doesn't have runaway success written all over it after the time it took to make it.
Creative Assembly's Halo Wars team -> Halo Wars 2 didn't do well, doubt this partnership gets renewed for that, and they're on Total War games now, which do well for Sega.

Meanwhile, their existing titles and rumored partnerships don't sound like they'll be ready at launch for the most part...

The Coalition's Gears 5 -> Might be ready for a 2020 launch, but that's if Gears 5 isn't an Xbox One project. I'm betting this one is a good candidate.
Playground's Fable is unlikely to be ready until 2021+ if it just started.
Splash Damage Gears -> Sounds like it's late this year or early next year, remains to be seen how it does, but it sounds like an Xbox One project.
Rare -> Incubating a new service game IP right now, and SOT took 4 years. Late 2021 seems like the earliest their next game could come.
343's Halo 7 -> Will take a while to reload if Halo 6 is an Xbox One project and comes out in late 2019.
Perfect Dark -> This one is a rumor, but I'm not sure who would be developing this. I can't think of a single large independent studio that's unaccounted for right now. If it's a Coalition / Splash Damage / Certain Affinity joint like I suspect, I could see it be a launch title, but again it remains to be seen how it does.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
With Game Pass, Halo 6 should be built as a GaaS that lasts for 4+ years. It should also be a priority game that gets updated to support the next Xbox. You won't need to worry about the next Halo on the next Xbox if Halo 6 is treated a cross gen game thanks to Game Pass.

If Halo 6 is 2019, then Gears 5 will be 2020. That will be the showcase title for the next Xbox.
I mean, how would that be different from Halo 5? Halo games have always been service games since XBL launched.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't overhype yourselves guys.. ;)

Most of these budget changes won't have any effect in 2018.

Yeah that's the unfortunate part of it all. It's all very exciting news but it sounds like it's all aimed towards the next gen and not Xbox One S and X. Kinda makes me wonder what they could still have in store for us between now and when next gen arrives.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
The Crackdown 3 we have seen was never the intended Crackdown 3. The single player campaign was a late addition as it was initially only going to be online multiplayer.

I'm not sure why you're saying that, because that's not true. Yes, the online mode was initially supposed to be released ahead of the single player campaign (which is also playable in co-op), but the game was confirmed to have all those components the moment it was announced.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, how would that be different from Halo 5? Halo games have always been service games since XBL launched.
Halo 5 content drops stopped after 8 months and has been left to rot. I'm suggesting that Halo 6 continues to get meaningful content drops well past the launch of the next Xbox. Since it'll be on PC as well, there isn't a need to stick with the 3 year cycle Halo has been on. After about a year or 2 as an Xbox One title (depends if its a 2018 or 2019 title), it should be transitioned to a next Xbox game for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.