Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I fixed all my problems. I just put the auto update script on the sd and ran it. Boom,all the scanlines work properly and no vertical tearing. Maybe something I was using was outdated,but I just got it a week ago and used all the newest files. Who knows,but at least its working now!

Thanks for helping
Probably yout menu.rbf file was outdated.

I run the auto update script once a week to always make sure I'm up to date

bodine1231

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Probably yout menu.rbf file was outdated.

I run the auto update script once a week to always make sure I'm up to date

Good to know. Now that everything works properly I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I would love to see them add phosphor bloom to the CRT filters,that would look fantastic. I'm dying to try Neo Geo when I get my ram,would love to drop it in my New Net City cab.

Oct 25, 2017
Good to know. Now that everything works properly I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I would love to see them add phosphor bloom to the CRT filters,that would look fantastic. I'm dying to try Neo Geo when I get my ram,would love to drop it in my New Net City cab.
A filter like that is probably out of the question, as that would require a framebuffer to hold the image. At the very least, it'd be negating a lot of the benefits of the FPGA archetype to do so.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A filter like that is probably out of the question, as that would require a framebuffer to hold the image. At the very least, it'd be negating a lot of the benefits of the FPGA archetype to do so.

It can be done without buffering a frame, as long as you don't try to distort the image with stuff like glass picture tube shapes etc, FWIW.

Related:

Current hybrid scanline test filters (will not be merged into the main MiSTer menu until an upcoming update that supports directory structure browsing for filters).

Tool for previewing filters on your PC

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone try installing Powershell on the Linux part? I want to start doing some crazy shit but FUCK writing scripts in Bash for some silly video games.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I got my 128mb this Friday from misteraddons and spent the whole weekend playing last blade 2 and pulstar. It's been so amazing, the only downside is it's tempting me to track down a big crt to play on.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Amazing news on GBA! I was kind of waiting for Neo Geo and the 128Mb boards to be readily available, but I may hold off some more until GBA gets ironed out.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there's a good way to syncronize Retroarch with MiSTer? I'd like to see if I can take my saves with me on the go on my phone, but they use different save file structures.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
So yesterday update to Mister includes the following...

Allow to use "games" folder for per-core home dirs (Kitrinx)

Any idea what this actually is?

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well Retroarch does .SRM, and mister is .sav, and from a little bit of research it looks like they do differ somewhat; .SRM seems to be a bit bigger.
The .srm and .sav files are interchangeable. Just rename them. I do wish MiSTer used the .srm extension so I could sync between retroarch and MiSTer automatically, but oh well.

I do supposed you could do some kind of renaming script?

OP
OP
Hero_of_the_Day

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't messed with Mister in a bit. Did anyone watch the extra life stream from giant bomb last weekend? What the fuck was that fancy ass menu Jeff was using that had screenshots and game details!?

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't messed with Mister in a bit. Did anyone watch the extra life stream from giant bomb last weekend? What the fuck was that fancy ass menu Jeff was using that had screenshots and game details!?

Wtau4Ji.jpg

This one? Couldn't find it on the web, just get a few hits for older demo stuff by 1.000.000 boys but nothing mister related

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I've not messed with this in ages and honestly need to research again to figure it out. It's both awesome and a pita.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Um, what in the actual fuck?!?

Atari Jaguar core?!?!?

Further to this, I didn't realise Ash was working on it last year, but I guess the news is that it now boots at least one game.

Edit: That menu thing just looks like it's for Amiga only. If that's what you were asking?

Last edited:

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else getting strange graphically glitches with the Neogeo core, i only have the 32meg ram atm but almost all games i have test seem to had odd graphically glitches. Captured a few games on my phone to show the odd issues.....

OP
OP
Hero_of_the_Day

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't messed with that core, but I believe when the Giant Bomb guys did a while back when Jeff only had the 32 meg of ram, they were also getting tons of graphical glitches. So, the ram might be the exact issue.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I believe they're a group of Swedish coders, mainly do demoscene stuff, at least that's what I gather from google
I cannot find *anything* about this frontend at all online, which is a shame because I really dig the aesthetic of it.

Normally I can sleuth it up with the best of them, but not in this case. And it's really frustrating.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't messed with that core, but I believe when the Giant Bomb guys did a while back when Jeff only had the 32 meg of ram, they were also getting tons of graphical glitches. So, the ram might be the exact issue.

Its was the video sync mode i was running, 'Low Latency' mode my display doesn't seem to like the odd refresh the NeoGeo runs in, is fine with NES, SNES, MD and PCE however

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot find *anything* about this frontend at all online, which is a shame because I really dig the aesthetic of it.

Normally I can sleuth it up with the best of them, but not in this case. And it's really frustrating.
It looks like Tiny Launcher with a slightly different skin

It's not MiSTer related, it's an amiga frontend to launch whdload games when you are low on memory (especially A500/600 amigas)

OP
OP
Hero_of_the_Day

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It's not MiSTer related, it's an amiga frontend to launch whdload games when you are low on memory (especially A500/600 amigas)

I was only half watching while I was cleaning the house, but I am pretty sure Jeff was using it on the Mister during their extra life stream. If anyone wants to click through to hear what he says, it is in the first part, which is up on YouTube.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I was only half watching while I was cleaning the house, but I am pretty sure Jeff was using it on the Mister during their extra life stream. If anyone wants to click through to hear what he says, it is in the first part, which is up on YouTube.
Look at the screen, pressing ESC takes you back to the workbench

You're already within the Amiga core. It's just a launcher to launch games/demos from an Amiga hard disk (or if ran from a MiSTer, a hard disk file)

OP
OP
Hero_of_the_Day

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Look at the screen, pressing ESC takes you back to the workbench

You're already within the Amiga core. It's just a launcher to launch games/demos from an Amiga hard disk (or if ran from a MiSTer, a hard disk file)

Ahhh, I get what you're saying.

I kind of like the simplicity of the Mister menus any way, but that thing still looks cool.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017

I'm not familiar with any launchers really, but after doing a bit of research it does look like TinyLauncher with a different skin. Still find it odd that I can't find anything on the release group at all, save for a single NFO on Pastebin.

Don't even care about finding that exact image now, I just want to know more story behind the release of it.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
The most recent Retronauts is almost entirely dedicated to the MISTer project, speaking to Smokemonster as well as others "industry" folk like Artemio (of 240p Test Suite and MDFourier fame).

daty2k1

Oct 27, 2017
Well thanks guys, I finally gave in and ordered one because of this thread...

My goal is to find a broken SNES and fit everything in the case.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, further on in the podcast SM mentions that he suspects someone is working on a
Mega CD
given some of the updates he's seeing to some of the cores behind the scenes. Nice.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
People think Srg320 is working on it.

He tends to disappear and show back up with something amazing. I think the last thing he added was Virtua Racing, which while not a very exciting game, was a huge technical achievement for MiSTer.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
What?!? Is it out already? Guess I'm gonna need a bigger SD card.

Can it stream Redbook, and does that make it the first core to do so?

OP
OP
Hero_of_the_Day

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Welp... I think my nano just died. I have no clue what happened. I was just using it, and suddenly the game I was playing glitched out where I couldn't control it any more, it eventually froze and crashed to a black screen and now it won't come back on. It powers on, but I am getting no signal. Tried swapping out ram since I have a 128 and a 32, no go. Tried a clean install of Mister on a different SD card, no go. Thing just randomly croaked on me. What the fuck!?

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I'd try different power supply too. Might be enough to get it to show LEDs but not anything else.

OP
OP
Hero_of_the_Day

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No luck. Ordered a new plugin, and actually managed to find the original that came with DE-10 Nano. Still dead. Got a brand new SD card, did a fresh install of Mister, and took all the daughter boards and ram off the DE-10. So, just a fresh install with nothing but the DE-10 and the plugin that came with it, still dead. Fucking sucks.

I guess I am spending another $140 on one. I am afraid to use the I/0 board again. It was surely a coincidence, but I have never had an issue. Then the first time I use the I/O board for component output, it dies after 10-15 minutes.

Fuuuuck.