FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Monkey's paw, Bluepoint's big news isn't Demon Souls, it's that they're porting The Show to other platforms.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MLB: The Show for either system, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel MLB for Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the MLB leverage? It wasnt an exclusive license and nobody else is making MLB games. How would that conversation sound " make the game multiplatform or we will pull the license and not have any MLB game on the market." I think it's possible they offered sony something but doubt they threatened to pull license.
Eh who knows you never know with license games. I mean this is a very good thing but still we dont know the actually details of how it happen.

Oct 25, 2017

1kjig0.jpg

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I mean yes, MLB makes sense, I'm just thinking that one day Marvel could say "hey, we want our ips on more platforms" or something.

I doubt they can ask for that any time soon as I believe they signed a multi-game deal with Sony. I mean they probably wanted at least a trilogy. They knew what they were getting into having Marvel's Spider-Man as a PS4 game and now a first party game after they purchased Insomniac.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
This is going to be such a cash cow for Sony. Diamond Dynasty brings in so much cash, DD for everyone

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
We live in interesting times.

Two big pieces of unexpected Sony news: MLB goes multi-plat and Minecraft Bedrock edition comes to PS4.

CrapNapkin

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MLB: The Show for either system, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel MLB for Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.

lol this post is something else

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I doubt they can ask for that any time soon as I believe they signed a multi-game deal with Sony. I mean they probably wanted at least a trilogy. They knew what they were getting into having Marvel's Spider-Man as a PS4 game and now a first party game after they purchased Insomniac.

Yeah, I don't think it's happening either especially being the most successful game on the platform. I'm just wondering if it could but you're probably right, it will have to be after a couple of games if anything.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it'll get some deserved attention and respect for innovations that no other sports series does, as far as I'm aware.

I'm guessing this means that MLB is giving up on trying to make RBI Baseball a thing again.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Wow. One of my main reason for sticking with Playstation was because of The Show every year. Is it going to be Show 20 or 21 when this kicks in? Might actually sell my PS4 if 20 is going multiplatform.

Edit: I'm a fucking idiot, it says it right in the title lol

I highly suspect someone like EA or 2K wanted the license and SIE had to go multiplatform to keep it. Good move by SIE though regardless.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft has Minecraft
Sony has MLB The Show

what's Nintendo's 3rd party game?

/s

I guess MLB forced SIE's hand and SIE didn't want to lose the license.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
When EA was talking about possibly reviving an old franchise, I was hoping it'd be MVP Baseball.

This is probably better news.

Jan 4, 2018
I'm curious if Sony will actually publish this on other platforms. So far they haven't with stuff like Journey, Detroit, and Death Stranding.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The big question now is, will Sony look to third party studios to port the Switch/X1 versions? or will they staff up at SD and develop all three versions internally?

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
I'm not really into sports games, but MLB The Show has always interested me. Glad it'll be available on more platforms.

OP
OP
jbug617

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
in reality MLB is inconsequential to Playstation worldwide. Making it multiplatform allows them to make more money in the one territory the game sells.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I guess MLB forced SIE's hand and SIE didn't want to lose the license.

MLB tried to force their hand for years by making their own internal baseball game. They had zero leverage in Sony forcing them to do anything here. Someone made it worthwhile for Sony to do this

in reality MLB is inconsequential to Playstation worldwide. Making it multiplatform allows them to make more money in the one territory the game sells.

The game sells like a million copies every year and is their most successful live service game.

It's going to sell a LOT more now.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People are reading this all wrong. Sony was the only publisher putting real money towards the MLB and producing a quality product. MLB must have dropped the bag (and years of exclusive rights) to Sony for this.

I really wouldn't read into it much further regarding their other first-party games.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
More Sony exclusives coming to pc? (also you an insider or something?)
It's best to wait when it comes to these kinds of things because all answers unveil themselves eventually. Maybe at SoP tomorrow. Maybe next year. Maybe never (though I can guarantee that'll never happen since it'll be more about ecosystems by the end of this gen).

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017

I'm throwing my 500 Limited Edition PS4 in the trash ... Not even worth of a trade in.

What the fuck is next...

Death Stranding
Now this...

I mean what the fuck...