• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get any gift cards but did pick up Thimbleweed Park as far as mobile.

Got lots of console stuff.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Linelight is a devious puzzler, my god it does have a lot of tricks up its sleeve. Brilliant stuff

There's a Supernatural Forces DLC for $1.99 and a Monthly Murderer Club for $.99 (not sure if that is recurring) for new playable characters each month.

There's penalty of content in the game itself (140 levels I think). I still haven't finished it myself.

I have to get that. Kind of scouring the web for games i missed. When i finish my search will get it (before the end of the year)

Edit: well, i think my search is done. In the end, didnt buy Ticket to Earth, Gorogoa, Bridge Constructor Portal, Splitter Critters or Reigns: Her Majesty. They dont interest me that much for now. Added to my Wishlist... Already spent 1,000$ this month on iOS alone.

But i did buy Slayaway Camp. The production values are insane. Seems fun. Need to sleep

Last edited:

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Lara Croft go Android on sale for a dollar. Also the rest of the go games are on sale for a dollar too. Not sure on iOS though.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Lol Death Road to Canada lets you rename your companions. Lol. Had a run where Bea and Alex tried to reach Canada but he didnt make it and she was carrying her corpse around. So much fun. That gave an idea: the ability to carry that corpse to Canada and see how the other travelers you find react to. Should be tons of fun. Loving this game. Didnt like it much on me but after so many updates it has become awesome.

DSYQo69XcAAAEmA

Wow! I hope that's including the new phone!

Yes. iPhone 8 + tons of games. December was specially intense. So many. And all of them are pretty awesome.

Edit:
DSZUkcpWkAIRGNZ

Beautiful from start to end. Even shed some tears at the end since... well... since that...

Well, for all of you, my friends from this thread, have a happy new year!!! For a better 2018!!! (In my case thats very easy)

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So what games are we looking forward to in 2018?

Mine are Where Cards Fall (hopefully!!) and Witcheye.

Runescape Mobile.

Arena of Valor is out, and perfectly nails mobile PvP action.

Now I need a real MMO and a good CCG. MtG Arena iOS is still probably 2019 and who knows where Final Fantasy XI iOS is so that just leaves Runescape.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Im tempted to get Gorogoa but.. why the vignettes have to be so small? Looks like it will be very hard to play on iPhones, that the iPad is the perfect fit. It seems very distracting

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Im tempted to get Gorogoa but.. why the vignettes have to be so small? Looks like it will be very hard to play on iPhones, that the iPad is the perfect fit. It seems very distracting
Definitely not a game you want to experience on iPhone. IPad or PC, you want a big screen to fully appreciate the art

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
So what games are we looking forward to in 2018?
Honestly I really don't keep up on any upcoming games in the mobile space. I like to be surprised when suddenly a really good mobile game drops out of nowhere. Fez, Witness, all the great mobile original games; they just popped out of nowhere for me!

The one exception is Ironhide Game Studio (Kingdom Rush, Iron Marine devs) since the KR series is one of my all time favorite mobile game series'.
So in that case, since Kingdom Rush 4 was announced around Nov. 2016, I feel like that might have a shot at coming out in 2018 (but Iron Marines took quite a while and was delayed a few times, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it ends up in 2019).

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
Happy New Year everyone!

I'm like Rodney for the most part, but I am aware of and looking forward to Sky and FF15 Mobile.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some Upcoming 2018 Games & DLC

Antihero (Jan. 2)
Caves of Qud
Civilization VI -> Rise and Fall (hopefully)
Crypt of the NecroDancer -> Amplifier DLC
Darkest Dungeon -> Crimson Court and Shieldbreaker DLC
Roll for the Galaxy
Super Meat Boy Forever

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what the IAPs are for?

I didn't even notice it had any. Couldn't find it on my iPad when I had searched, before. Hopefully, it is just for character skin packs, like on Steam.

Also, the Civilization (iOS, iPad) 50% off discount runs out soon (Jan. 4th).

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
I know this post wont be popular around here but i am very vocal... had to refund Iron Marines. Been playing RTS since... Dune... and the first Command & Conquer and played them all since then... and i can tell when a game is compromised to cash in. Pity since it looked and sounded so good...

Apple will be pissed at me for a few days but i dont mind i refund like 1 game a year so... it all started with Cut the Rope 2 lol

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Title suggestions for January thread?

Also, the mobile GOTY thread will be up soon. Had computer issues this past week so new threads got delayed

Katsyo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if it is ok to ask here but would someone have any suggestion for good sim / building games for Android?

Either existing or upcoming ones which would not be completely restricted by pay to play mechanics. I've tried Sim City Mobile and Megapolis but in both hit a quite hard progression wall which made me lose interest in them.

Looking for something relaxing akin to something like Tropico or Sid Meier's SimGolf.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Civ 6 is out on iOS now. It's a little low res and battery intensive and it's 29.99, but it's really good.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't exist sadly.

Yeah, when they first started the preorder thing, they had them featured where you could see them in one place. But it's not a regular thing. Not sure why.

Google Play has really been getting better with sections— like an entire area for early access games, premium only games and even sales all condensed in one spot. No need even for AppZapp on Android now. Wish Apple would do some more consumer friendly things like that.

Katsyo

Oct 27, 2017
Civ 6 is out on iOS now. It's a little low res and battery intensive and it's 29.99, but it's really good.

Nice! Hopefully they will be able to make some sort of a version for phones as well. This would probably be exactly what I need but unfortunately I don't own any iOS devices at the moment.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
If i knew about the existence of Linelight before doing my GOTY list things would have been different. Linelight is genius. Ingenius. Brilliant. How can one game have to many cool ideas? Truly outstanding. And for only 2$!! Oh my!!!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
If i knew about the existence of Linelight before doing my GOTY list things would have been different. Linelight is genius. Ingenius. Brilliant. How can one game have to many cool ideas? Truly outstanding. And for only 2$!! Oh my!!!

Great game. Would have had it in my GoTY list if it weren't for my rule against ports (it was in my port list :) ).

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mobile Gaming January 2018 | Civilization VIte!

(IT -> EN translation: Civilization lives!)