• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
So I had MH W since launch but just got to finishing it today need help with picking some good end game armor I have my eyes set on Rath Soul / vaal hazak / Negrigegante.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
So I had MH W since launch but just got to finishing it today need help with picking some good end game armor I have my eyes set on Rath Soul / vaal hazak / Negrigegante.

Nergigante's a pretty good starting set; Drachen armour (the FF collab stuff) is the best set in the game for non-Shelling Gunlance melee weapons (maybe not so hot for Charge Blade either, I'm not sure), but you'd probably want another set before then to start getting it. Also grab the Dragonking Eyepatch to go with whatever you decide to farm, Weakness Exploit is a really, really good skill.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Well each build tends to be tailored to weapon specific needs, some need different skills than the generic stuff. A decent starting point would be, Dragonking helm(2weakness exploit), Dober chest(2atk), Teostra gloves beta(1weakness exploit), Nergi belt beta(2atk) and then maybe Death stench legs for 2 handicraft+charm for 3 to cap handicraft.

This is the basic set I used on many weapons early on, it's not very hard to farm(death stench is RNG based though, you need the palico hunting expedition thing to bring you back sinister cloth which is a random item from any options you select, so make sure to spam these every 5hunts) and fits most setups without any jewel requirements. As you get jewels however you can start refining the build more and more, and depending on the weapons you use, you can for example ignore handicraft which frees up a lot of points for other stuff.

But for example if using charge blade or gunlance, you'd want something different to add artillery and/or capacity boost in the build, if you use charge blade or greatsword, you might want to fit focus in, if you use ranged weapons you'll probably want free element 3(guns) or constition for bow. So it's better to first figure out the weapon(s) you want to use, then build around that.

If you're on console, or starting next week on PC, you could try to skip some early farming and go grind Behemoth for a bit to craft Drachen armor though since that thing is mostly overpowered. This can be done solo and without requiring you actually kill him, by using the Plunderblade palico tool(make sure to do the palico tools quests if you haven't, have to do them in order one per zone, so start in ancient forest and keep going until rotten vale for plunderblade) as well as Partbreaker(Uragaan armor is easiest for that) to break horns/claw and cut the tail. Basically you just start the hunt, break the stuff, get the palico to use the skills to steal basic materials, then leave when you're done, don't have to finish the hunt to get the items you break and after a few runs of that you'll have enough to craft Drachen armor.

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You should've known they didn't give a fuck after they released a mess of a port after the 8 month delay lol.

It sucks an awesome series like MH is stuck behind these business people at Capcom.

And yet the PC version is what helped them reach the 10 million goal and the graphic options are still broken.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Narga isn't that difficult because there are no stupid gimmicks / no sense hitboxes and it's very easy to predict his next move.

One of my favourite monster with Tigrex.
I'll be surprised if we dont get Tigrex too. Narga is similar to Tigrex in a few ways so it makes sense to do them both. Barroth too. Barroth and Tigrex both were introduced in snowy areas too.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, nothing compares to Hapurubokka -> Nibelsnarf, but that wasn't really trying to be a straightforward translation.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Okay so assuming the Iceborne Expansion is not G-Rank /MHW Ultimate, I'm thinking maybe Ultimate, or whatever will come a year after and be cross-gen on both current consoles and PS5/Scarlett in late 2020. Does that sound reasonable? Of course, a true MHW2 will take years more and be designed for next gen.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so assuming the Iceborne Expansion is not G-Rank /MHW Ultimate, I'm thinking maybe Ultimate, or whatever will come a year after and be cross-gen on both current consoles and PS5/Scarlett in late 2020. Does that sound reasonable? Of course, a true MHW2 will take years more and be designed for next gen.
I think that is the plan all along, and why they gave it another name than Ultimate or G or whatever. Monster Hunter World Ultimate will probably be the PS5/Xbox Two version of the game. They should (and probably are) looking how a game like FFXIV handled console transitions. Keep the players in the same ecosystem, but ease them out of the older console with the next add on.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

By that time they'll have developed and worked out a bunch of skeletons I think, a big expansion as ice born is already above my expectations, and I think they're learning and making foundations as they work on MHW so if and when MHW2 comes around they already have the ground work done and can release updates and monsters a bit quicker.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
By that time they'll have developed and worked out a bunch of skeletons I think, a big expansion as ice born is already above my expectations, and I think they're learning and making foundations as they work on MHW so if and when MHW2 comes around they already have the ground work done and can release updates and monsters a bit quicker.

Yeah I guess that's how things will probably go. Any scenario where MHW2, if it happens, will be next-gen and PC only, leaving behind the PS4/XB1 gen, say in 2021/2022 ?

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Iceborne is G rank. They probably went with a new naming strategy because of all the new players they have now. It sounds more like an expansion now than G rank.

I'm expecting MHW2 in 2021/2.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
There's also whatever Ichinose's team is working on, right? That feels like it should be ready in 2020 assuming they started work on something straight after XX.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Does the "G" even mean anything?

edit: nope
a3775245895_10.jpg

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't mind the name change, as long as its function is the same. Now bring me a SSJ2 Rajang Capcom please.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so stupid excited for the expansion and thinking of firing up MHW again to play some of the end game content i havent attempted yet

MHW was my GOTY and still is even after all the heavy fall hitters

I'm really looking forward to what they come up with for this considering what they have achieved with MHW

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Hey, as long as it's confirmed that it's G-rank and not some new intermediary rank, who cares about the name. Good to see it confirmed.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
This new naming convention is gonna have me thinking of that one pokemon opening everytime I go out on a Master Quest.

What I do wonder in regards to this DLC, considering the audience it's cultivated and that G rank generally involves brutal muggings that make high rank seem small time, is it just gonna be G rank content? or will they add to high rank as well for the people who didn't zoom all the way to World's endgame and kit themselves out like a mobile fortress.