• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
R.T Straker

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine who has a 2500k and downloaded the game is getting a blackscreen.

Seems the fix isn't live for west yet.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
There is a big difference between getting 60 fps and 16.6 ms frame times. Also, if you want more than 60 fps, a 2500k is definitely not going to cut it.

Ohh so you think the 2xxxK cant maintain the 16.6 needed for "game X" to be smooth. I think youll find more often than not the 2xxxK manage to hold their own at 60. (Game X being most games that have come out lately)
Of all the games ive played lately only AC:O has given the 2500K a major problem.

Also in this very thread I said if aiming for 60fps a 2xxxK could handle it, but beyond you would need something beefier, so telling me about the 2xxxK not cutting it when aiming beyond 60 is preaching to the choir.

Nitori

Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad this got fixed. I personally haven't had any issues with Denuvo, but blocking certain older cpus from running the game because of certain cpu instructions in the DRM is a bit much.

OP
OP
R.T Straker

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like completely unrelated issues to Denuvo freakout that this thread was about.

Yakuza 0 has a similar launch issue that's releated to Denuvo where the game would not properly launch and would result in a blackscreen for many.

They even had a patch to fix it but it only made it worse so they had to rollback..

But no, keep defending shity DRM.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 0 has a similar launch issue that's releated to Denuvo where the game would not properly launch and would result in a blackscreen for many.

They even had a patch to fix it but it only made it worse so they had to rollback..

The initial issue was that people with a certain type of processor couldn't launch the game.
You had confirmation here, in this topic, that some people with the same type of processor can launch and play the game.
Is it hard to understand that the issue is probably unrelated to the one that we've seen in the Chinese version ?

OP
OP
R.T Straker

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The initial issue was that people with a certain type of processor wasn't able to launch the game.
You had confirmation here, in this topic, that some people with the same type of processor can launch and play the game.
Is it hard to understand that the issue is probably unrelated ?

You do realize that Denuvo itself can cause launch problems regarless of hardware right? It's no longer about people with a certain type of CPU but more about Capcom not properly taking care of this at launch.

They even removed the mixed reviews the game that the game had. Like it wasn't shady enough.

Yakuza 0 had the exact same problem with the blackscreen a game that also launched with the newest varient of Denvuo so I'd assume it's prolly the same here.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Except it wasn't.

There's still a problem related to the game that makes some confiugration black screen.

It's also siting at mixed reviews on steam because of it.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/582010/announcements/detail/1700558821168437205

But no, ''everything works''.
My girlfriend had this issue, turns out she needed a restart after her driver update. Then she got no signal to the monitor because it does not accept a native 1080p signal which the game defaults to, so she had to go into the graphics ini and change the resolution to her native 1600x900. Not sure if that's the same issue others are having, but it fixed the problem for her.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Not defending anything, I dislike Denuvo as the next guy and think it's unnecessary DRM layer on top of DRM. But what I dislike even more is misinformation and baseless freakouts. Now you are dragging Yakuza 0 into this with no proof whatsoever. This is turning into another anti-Denuvo thread lacking any facts or reason.

How quick are we to forget that Durante disproved most/all anti-Denuvo "facts".

Aemony

Nov 6, 2017
Should preface this whole thread with "WeGame only". The executable for the Steam version was compiled more than 24 hours ago, long before this issue was known, hence it were never affected to begin with and Capcom didn't need to solve an issue in the Steam version that clearly didn't exist.