• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessmo24

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Im loving this game it allows a level of creatività with build that, I havent has for a king time.

Im currently experimenting with a a bomb sleep build.
Im using

1. Kirin pants for the Free stat ammo. Up
2. The Baan chest for sleep stat
3. The Baan gloves
4. Kirin Belt
5. Sleep charm
6. The Kulu yaku dual blades

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Arcanaria+III

The weapon toped out at 150 sleep. Despite my efforts to push it higher.
Im getting alot of sleep with low level monster.
I know need the bombardiere help from arena quests.

If hot guys have and Ideas for tweaks tell me.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Can I get an invite to the Era squad?

I'm on PS4 btw.
The squad is full, but join the Discord from the link in the OP to get entry to the squad session if you need help with something or just want to do anything. Most of us have done pretty much everytthing there is to be done so we'll just be deco/elder farming or doing whatever is new that week, but we're more than happy to help out.

Nobody really plays much together anymore.

New to resetera or old crew members on ps4, head into room
3LN62cNDxLf4 if you like. I'll invite ya to a squad in there.

I'll be running this Vaal Hazak for awhile if anyone wants to play together.
There's at least one group running random stuff most nights.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The squad is full, but join the Discord from the link in the OP to get entry to the squad session if you need help with something or just want to do anything. Most of us have done pretty much everytthing there is to be done so we'll just be deco/elder farming or doing whatever is new that week, but we're more than happy to help out.

There's at least one group running random stuff most nights.

I don't know why I hate discord so much but I'll check it out.

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
The AT Vall Hazak fight is not that hard, it's just time consuming and your health does drain pretty fast. Definitely recommend some form of health regen.

Kirin was way more annoying to me.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
AT Vaal sounds awful. I might just go on break for a while. Been trying to rest the hands a bit and this seems like go timing.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I wonder if ranged attack would work better on him. As long as I keep my distance, it seems im going to be okay

It's a mixed bag. Being at range can give you far more options for dodging the tail swipe and allow you to fire from effluvia-safe positions if you set a few campfires, but you take that 20% hit to melee damage resistance for using a ranged weapon, and actually have to pay attention to avoiding four or five attacks that are basically completely harmless to melee attackers.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
There we go, AT Vaal down. Vaal is still an easy fight, made slightly more difficult now that all the effluvium beams are oneshot kills.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
35882076_10216778105274901_1250333527543644160_o.jpg

36040217_10216778105194899_89838342031540224_o.jpg

Aw yeah. Second solo kill, still took me a couple faints and a lot of time but I think I have his patterns down now.

Thank god for slopes.

Now I have the layered Death Stench set so I can be an edgelord without losing stats lol

And yeah, he dropped a Hero's Streamstone for Hammer, so there's that too.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Honestly the most challenging things about AT Vaal Hazak are that they reversed his route through the map (so he starts in the worst place to fight him and likely doesn't ever reach the best places to fight him) and changed his sleeping position so it's a PITA to sleep bomb him.

mango.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Arch Vaal is as "easy" as Tempered Vaal was, got all my 8 tickets yesterday night, the main differences for me, other than health that "seems tripled" since he has less damage spots:

- Starting position as mentioned above. Room he arrives in tempered is free dps for a minute due stalactites, and it's better illuminated to see the smokes if he ever releases them.
- You "need" miasma 3/elderseal because staying under him will hit you with miasma"blight" quick as hell, and he releases smoke much more frequently because he's alive longer. And he has armor when smoked.
- Smoke tick seems faster maybe, or more damage? Anyhow, it's his main mechanism here because the first room is really hard to see the pools of smoke, and you want to damage him so you'll probably be chasing him rather than letting him chase you.
- Tremors.
- Having to heal often plus larger health pool makes me miss stun locking him.

My fastest run using Spread HBG was 12 minutes, while tempered takes 4min including the wait time til he arrives. Hammer fastest was 19 minutes but I've only complete it twice.

Biggest change in my hunting process was having max potion on quick craft. My first few runs with the hammer made me notice how fast he can close distance gaps, along with the tick so drinking potions were damage magnet. With 7 max potions and HBG, I was safe through the other runs.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Does that burn away any of his eff. or just the environmental (yellow)? I've been using mantles so the environ one doesn't affect me.

Just the environmental stuff (the leftovers from his barfing and the constant miasma in the middle portions of the map), though you can still set a fire underneath him when he rears up and it'll do damage every tick.

Not super practical, but slightly hilarious.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like I need to come up with an effluvia resistance lance set with recovery up tonight. I hope I've got some stones left for augmenting health

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
Defeated AT Vaal at first try thanks to an amazing team of random people.

It was a really fun and yet challenging fight.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up making a Set with Vaal Parts + Eyepatch + Empress Gloves.

Made the Deviljho DBs and went to town.

Super Recovery comes in handy on the offchance you take a nasty hit. (Plus pop an Immunizer and watch that Yellow/Red Health soar back to Green!)

If you're playing MP, Wide-Range and good use of Health Boosters help a lot too.

But yeah, the DoT from his crap is pretty annoying.

Honestly the most challenging things about AT Vaal Hazak are that they reversed his route through the map (so he starts in the worst place to fight him and likely doesn't ever reach the best places to fight him) and changed his sleeping position so it's a PITA to sleep bomb him.

Definitely. Most of the time, he starts above in the Effluvium, which is super annoying to fight him in.

Hilariously, I ended up getting a kill earlier in the area before his lair by dropping a tooth on him. Good times.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
It's been that way since launch. It's a nuisance, but it is what it is. Once you've watched the opening cutscene for a given quest, you can SOS flare or quit/restart and have people join.
Is this every quest going forward or just story missions? The annoying thing is me and my friend are the same level in the game so I don't understand why we can't just keep going.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Is this every quest going forward or just story missions? The annoying thing is me and my friend are the same level in the game so I don't understand why we can't just keep going.

Someone will answer this better than I because it's been a while, but I believe it's only for story quests. I feel like it was their way of trying to "force" you into enjoying or paying attention to the story.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Almost only story missions, and only the first time you see each cutscene. Outside of story missions there exists a cutscene for the first encounter for the dlc monsters too. It's annoying but once you're through the story or just do optional quests or investigations you don't have to deal with it.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Has anyone else found that you normally don't get streamstones of the weapon you are using or is just random bad luck on my part? I now have 3 to 6 greys and 2 to 4 golds of every weapon category except swords (I'm using LS).

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else found that you normally don't get streamstones of the weapon you are using or is just random bad luck on my part? I now have 3 to 6 greys and 2 to 4 golds of every weapon category except swords (I'm using LS).

It feels that way to me, but could be RNG. I have up to 4 streamstones for some weapons and still zero for the one I use.

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
If you die against a tempered monster your less likely to get good decorations right

I feel bad when I die in co op that I just quit and stop playing for awhile . I like the challenge of co op but I die a lot against Teostra and Negrante

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
If you die against a tempered monster your less likely to get good decorations right

I feel bad when I die in co op that I just quit and stop playing for awhile . I like the challenge of co op but I die a lot against Teostra and Negrante

I don't think dying effects your rewards aside from money earned. It does in the arena though. As for feeling bad about dying, it's a crappy immediate feeling but not a big deal. Even great players still die. You get royally screwed every now and then, it happens.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Finally starting to learn how! It's a ton of fun...But I have a hard time getting used to the combos and positioning since I played so much LS.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I made a super defensive SnS set and now AT Vaal is a pushover. Not the quickest (14-17 minutes depending on how well I stop him from going back to rest), but the chances of dying are basically nil.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
Tried Arch Vaal for the first time earlier with just my standard anti Vaal and got carted quickly.

Made a more defensive setup and ate for Defense (L), then managed to kill Arch Vaal sub 20 minutes each time now. I burn through pots like crazy though. I use like 15+ pots each time. Gonna edit my set for Vaal recovery (with Gamma pieces) and see if that helps.

I like this Arch Vaal. Makes it more menacing. I just hope the next level of mutation extends to non elder monsters as well.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Solo One shotted no deaths Val with health Regen DS in the old hazak set after hearing about people's troubles.

Not being able to use my good old fire crit LBG build because of that aura was a huge bummer. He is one of the most satisfying monsters to shoot through because it's all weak to fire.

That was no where near the 40 minute butt clench of Kirin thank God.

Excitedly went to bounty/investigation only to learn the reward is death stench layered. I should have expected that but I'm still disappointed. Hopefully they will make dante layered with arch Neg soon or something.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Any word on when or if the USJ stuff will be available on xbox? I'd really like the chance to mix up some of my critical element builds...

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
  • WEAPON: Empress Edge "Styx" (health regeneration augment, sharp jewel 2, attack jewel 1)
  • HEAD: Dragonking Eyepatch α (tenderizer jewel 2)
  • CHEST: Vaal Hazak Mail β (protection jewel 1 * 2)
  • ARMS: Vaal Hazak Braces β (protection jewel 1, vitality jewel 1 * 2)
  • WAIST: Girros Coil β (vitality jewel 1)
  • LEGS: Vaal Hazak Greaves β (miasma jewel 1, recovery jewel 1)
  • CHARM: Attack Charm III
Which gives:
  • Attack Boost 4
  • Health Boost 3
  • Recovery Speed 3
  • Weakness Exploit 3
  • Divine Blessing 3
  • Effluvia Resistance 3
  • Peak Performance 1
  • Effluvial Expert
  • Protective Polish
  • Razor Sharp/Spare Shot
  • Super Recovery
Basically stay under him and just attack (you can just mash triangle with the change of direction if you really want to face roll it). You'll eat the odd slam and charge and maybe the first tail swipe if you end up too close to his backside but with those skills it makes little difference. Keep an eye out for Odo and dung him after their turf war is done (you can attack through their exchange without any problems) just to be safe.

You can swap the sharp jewel in the weapon for flinch free in MP because you'll probably need it.

It's also pretty easy to build and doesn't require any really rare decorations (from my experience anyway, I know some people have had problems getting sharp jewels).

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I did some more Vaal runs to get all of the goodies. I think on balance he's a much better boss than AT-Kirin (I know, shocking), but I'd still much rather have AT-Odogaron or AT-Anjanath or something.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I really wish they gave the option of having decreased bonus rewards/carves in exchange for more faints in multiplayer. I much prefer playing multiplayer but man do people faint a lot...

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to notice the pattern where these gamma sets are pretty much alpha sets in terms of armor skills, but with decoration slots which put the beta version to shame.

I bet Nerg's gamma set will be hillariously OP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.