• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like KL VII's skins will be revenant ones:
JOH_Skin_1310.png
JOH_Skin_1320.png

cas_skin_0950.png
cas_skin_0960.png

jax_skin_1030.png
jax_skin_1040.png

son_skin_0800.png
son_skin_0810.png

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the only season of KL where I really don't give a fuck about any of those rewards.

I'll play for the brutalities and that's it.

Supposedly the Brazilian Kano Pirate skin is up on the shop right now. I haven't had a chance to check, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah, the Brazilian "pirate" Kano is in the shop for something like a week+ as part of a bundle. This was one of the region-specific pre-order skins we've all been locked out of, so the hope is that Kold War Skarlet is coming soon (apparently the skin has shown up on AI, so chances are that a recent patch put her into rotation too).

PS: re: upcoming KL season...I'll check it out for good matches and brutalities, but the last thing I need are more revenant skins.

Oct 27, 2017
No Pirate Kano on PC nor Switch. :(

You fight Kold War Skarlet in one of Sindel's character tower, some other characters use KL skins.

edit: Pirate Kano bundle is now up on PC.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Watch out if you buy the Kano skin. People who have purchased it on reddit are saying after they buy it's not showing up in the Kano skins even though their krystals are gone.

Sindel tower is up in the Rapid Towers.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be more receptive to those new revenant costumes if the characters were actually wearing new outfits, like if they actually did become revenants in the MK story. But, at that point it would probably be a paid DLC pack and not something offered in the Kombat League.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
God I really lucked out with Sindel. The one character I was most looking forward to fits me like a glove.

Really made me fall in love with the game all over again.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I do struggle a lot with Sindels first variation BECAUSE it doesn't really have a projectile of any type. She's pretty damn powerful up front but at a distance I REALLY struggle to close it

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
God I really lucked out with Sindel. The one character I was most looking forward to fits me like a glove.

Really made me fall in love with the game all over again.

That's how I feel about Jade, except I wasn't really looking forward to anyone specific. Totally fits my playstyle and I love her design in this game. I loved Rose in SF4 and she feels closest to that in MK.

I have yet to learn any of the other chatacters, mostly because KL is almost always ongoing. I could use two weeks in between to learn others. Eyeing Sindel variation with the projectiles though.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
DP:

I haven't been keeping up with the pro tour too much but it seems like NEC is the final event for the year before the Finals and the Last Chance Qualifier? Kinda weird how they still haven't announced any details for that event.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I played during the launch window for a couple of months, but the PC version has vastly improved. It's much more stable at max - even in the Krypt, and they added that sharpening filter. Netcode is way better than launch too.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Here's a link to the ERA discord btw, if anyone wants to join!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I played during the launch window for a couple of months, but the PC version has vastly improved. It's much more stable at max - even in the Krypt, and they added that sharpening filter. Netcode is way better than launch too.
Can you explain that new feature to me? I turned it on and everything looked more blurry, even the menu.
It looks like we are also getting DX12 support soon.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Can you explain that new feature to me? I turned it on and everything looked more blurry, even the menu.
It's AMD's proprietary sharpening feature, basically to sharpen up the screen after TAA/FXAA smear up the screen. A way to get good image quality while still eliminating jaggies with "cheap" Anti Aliasing techniques.

And yeah, the actual gameplay definitely got blurrier but all cinematic portions of the game (Fatal Blows/Fatalities/Intros/Outros) were noticeably sharper. So it's a trade off if you want to use it.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Basically what lucebruce said altho there is a fast mode and a quality mode. Quality mode looks less grainy to me, but it officially says it helps with more saturated colors while fast mode is for performance. The two sliders are for filter intensity and res scale, since the mode turns off dynamic resolution.

I'll add that the game is really blurry to me without this on, so this felt like an improvement. I didn't notice the gameplay get blurrier. I'm also using an Nvidia card, so I don't know if that makes a difference given that the tech is allegedly AMD's. Maybe MK11's solution is unique when using an Nvidia card.

Oct 27, 2017
Ran into a lot of Sindels online. Feels like more people playing her at release then the other DLC characters at release, but that's just my anecdotal experience.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Is there one tower per day that gives you a random piece of gear for the character that you finish it for? I ask because I am awful to beat some of these towers with modifiers man on medium especially... like way too damn hard for me.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Managed to get to Master Rank for this season.

Who would've thought good netcode can make a person want to play online more!?

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Is there one tower per day that gives you a random piece of gear for the character that you finish it for? I ask because I am awful to beat some of these towers with modifiers man on medium especially... like way too damn hard for me.

Takeda's Kunai + Bloodied Sai + Ball of Coagulated Blood
Just stay in the corner using this combination, the ball of blood even heals you. You can beat any tower using this combination. If you don't have those itens, you can forge them at the Krypt:

Takeda's Kunai x10: Handful of Flux + Synthetic Fiber
Bloodied Sai x10: Coagulated Vampire Blood + Krypt Spider Silk
Ball of Coagulated Blood x10: Coagulated Vampire Blood + Crystalline Shard

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Came to post the same thing.

It's a good change. Losing the amount of points you'd get from winning 3 matches in a row because you got paired with the wrong person was absolutely infuriating.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
You need to subscribe to their newsletter. I think that this will only work after you download latest 500MB patch tho.
Still no patch on PC.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
How's the player base on PC? I usually "try" to play fighting on PS4 (which I figure has the highest player count), but CD Keys has this game for cheap.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think the problem was a young Joker (as they could make and old and young skin like the other characters get), it was the fact he looked like clay.

Now he just looks like a generic Joker.

Heh.
I've just never seen Joker look anything like he does on the left, and I think it's kind of important for a guest character to evoke the source material. This is a massive improvement. I'm actually excited to use him now that he looks like Joker and not a high school student cosplaying as Joker.