• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HYPED?!

• HELL YEAH, GET OVER HERE

Votes: 649 60.7%
  • Nope. I'm gonna stay over here thank you very much.

Votes: 190 17.8%
  • Undecided, need to see more before I head over there.

Votes: 230 21.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Ah thanks for the info

Also that's totally Rain

x0rA27q.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Couple thoughts here:

If we are assuming the character select screen does have the final number of characters at launch, then its going to be 24+ Shao Khan, not 25.

If revenant Liu Kang is playable, then so is regular/living Liu. They wouldn't split them into different characters. Same with Kung Lao.

There is some precedent with NRS games to have a character be part of a stage, but also be playable. For example, Superman paces around in his cell in Injustice 2 in the red sun prison stage, but he is still playable. If you play him on that stage, they just remove him from the background. SO, Kano could still be in. He also shows up in one of the menu art pieces fighting Cassie, so that could be a sign he is playable as well.
All good points. I assume revenant/non-revenant versions are just going to be options, but don't want to say it's confirmed. Forgot about Superman in Injustice 2, so that's a great point.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game looks more complicated than the previous entries... :/
I'm out :(

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I was so in on the MK kollector's edition until i found out the 300 dollar price tag was actually right. Brutal. I wish there wasn't some unsaid obligation to bring back the entire MK1 cast again but I understand having Sonya without Kano is just not possible anymore.

Bring back Human Smoke's gorgeous hair

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So here's who's confirmed and who's likely based off what we've seen.

Confirmed Characters

Scorpion
Raiden
Sub Zero
Sonya
Baraka
Skarlet
Geras
Shao Kahn

Unconfirmed Characters

Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Kitana
Cassie
Kabal
Kronika
Kano
Rain

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
Not able to watch the trailer until after work has the animation been made to be more fluid like other fighters or is it the strange stuff from previous games?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I want a MK9 remaster as well

I don't like the gear stuff and would rather have alt costumes

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Who else thinks that the first guest character will be Pennywise considering IT Sequel is coming out in September and Warner Broes is distributing it

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Visually and stylistically, it seems like a slight evolution of the previous games. The faces and facial animation isn't as good as I2, which really surprises me. The backrounds are spectacular, both in fidelity and design. Really best in the business work there.

Mechanically, I like the changes a lot. The first hit meter gain was bs, love that they removed that. Everything that I noticed in the reveal seem great- getting rid of the run, throwing away the meter system in favor of a cooldown mechanic, xrays no longer using meter, short hop, guard impact. I don't get the brutal move system or whatever it's called, but it seems like it's cool.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NRS seems to have outdid themselves. This is without a doubt the best a fighting game has ever looked, and everything is so interactive and the fighting looks so visceral and fun. Now I just want to see what's the side kontent and stuff like krypt will look like, but definitely other developers of fighting games gotta start trying to catch up.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Cassie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sonya by a gazillion miles

Sonya became more and more generic and boring,

meanwhile Cassie was a breath of fresh air out of the box and one of most humorous characters

+Ronda voicing Sonya now makes her even way more generic and less interesting

Yeah, they took one of the most boring, generic characters in the game and made her worse.
Never liked the military direction they went in with her.
Cassie has infinitely more personality than her mother.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Can you fix the broken images in the OP when you have a chance?

Done, hosted through imgur instead. Let me know if they work now.

Yeah im a sucker for Time Travel/Dimension Hopping stories lol. I wonder who's gonna be the ultimate villain, Kronika or Dark Raiden?

Honestly, Kronika should be the main at the end, resulting in a huge "reset button" for the story. Armageddon fucked things up and 11 should fix them. Plus having a female character as a final boss would be a nice change of pace. Going from Blaze to Shao Kahn to Shinnok, like cmon man.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks, I try :)

Also, I would love to see Takeda return in this. He was a blast to play in MKX and his lore is dope as hell.

So far, we have officially seen:

Scorpion
Sub Zero
Raiden
Geras
Skarlet
Baraka
Shao Khan
(Rain - leaked)

Hinted at:
Cassie Cage (Sonya customization)
Liu Kang (background)
Kung Lao (background)
Kano (Menu)
Kronika (cutscene)
Johnny Cage (background)
I think it'd be a huge fail if they cut any of the Kombat Kids. They put so much emphasis on them in MKX that I expect they'd be back and maybe redesigned to be more grown up and bad ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.