• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
It's so stupid that YouTube surfaces the entire story in small chunks by one guy to people who have watched MK videos. I've spent the last 30 mins hitting not interested in this guys videos and they keep popping up. The side effect being I now know almost every story beat. Fuckin sucks.
I'm literally staying off Youtube until release. Kinda blows having to wait.
Install this plug-in for chrome. I think it carries over to the app on your phone too. At least it seems to do that for me.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-blocker/jknkjnpcbbgcbdbaampbjlhkcghmgfhk?hl=en

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
So sad I'm not playing this yet considering I'm planning on trying to compete eventually.

This is like getting ready for a date but then seeing online that your date and a bunch of people are having an orgy and your door to the outside world won't open.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
1555698811896.png

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
That's true. I just thought I read somewhere that after you beat the story mode you can unlock classic frost or at least her skin. I guess it was just to unlock Frost in general.

Thank you for your help Android 17 and Yog :P
Human skins worked with cyrax and sektor because they were far more humanoid cyborgs.

Frost in this game is pretty much an Android. Her moveset is wild. I've used her for a couple hrs now and if your expecting a sektor/cyrax replacement, you will be as dissapointed as I am right now.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
If there's one thing MK9 fucked up, it was telling us Cyrax and Sektor were their names before the automation too.

Why the hell would there be two guys with tech-based powers in the Lin Kuei, whose names were also CYRAX and SEKTOR.

It's like they were born to be made into robots or something.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This might be the first MK I won't buy day 1.

Too many cons the last few days in my opinion and the grinding stuff sounds awful as well as the randomness of the Krypt.

PS
Of course I'm still mad at Reptile not being in

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there's one thing MK9 fucked up, it was telling us Cyrax and Sektor were their names before the automation too.

Why the hell would there be two guys with tech-based powers in the Lin Kuei, whose names were also CYRAX and SEKTOR.

It's like they were born to be made into robots or something.

Destiny... I bet their parents have spoken to the grandmaster before making them

Jan 4, 2018
I'm so hyped for Tuesday. I've got a tournament planned for next Sunday with 7 of my co-workers, can't wait to see who everyone plays. I'm personally loving the roster so far. Can't wait to come up with ridiculous names for custom variations.

Currently planning on Sickle Mode for Noob and Pillar Man for Geras.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, me again. What's the word on preset variations on the early copies? Is there a tourney vs mode so I can ignore the custom character sets?

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Has Frost got the icicles hair. This decides if I get the game or not.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ok i tried like 6 character but i only "feel" Noob so far, combo potential seems really nice compared to others

The MK logo going red means that the combo can't continue after the last hit right?

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, me again. What's the word on preset variations on the early copies? Is there a tourney vs mode so I can ignore the custom character sets?
There is no practice mode or local multiplayer with tournament variations.
There is a tournament mode that requires 2 players min that has tournament variations.

If you want to practice tournament variations, you have to go to the kustom variation screen, and hit square, and then you can apply the "tournament variation" as a kustom variation, and that can be used in every mode.

For instance, I've been using Jacqui (shes pretty good with obvious shortcomings) and I'm using her "1st round KO" tournament variation in all modes and you can apply "1st round KO" as a kustom variation in the customize menu.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Furthermore, if any of you would like a nice little dive on Jacqui, feel free to ask. I have some great midscreen BnBs, and corner combos set as well as krushing blow combos.

Know some day 1 really good moves and moves to avoid and opinions on some others.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
There is no practice mode or local multiplayer with tournament variations.
There is a tournament mode that requires 2 players min that has tournament variations.

If you want to practice tournament variations, you have to go to the kustom variation screen, and hit square, and then you can apply the "tournament variation" as a kustom variation, and that can be used in every mode.

For instance, I've been using Jacqui (shes pretty good with obvious shortcomings) and I'm using her "1st round KO" tournament variation in all modes and you can apply "1st round KO" as a kustom variation in the customize menu.
Great this is helpful.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend likes Kano because he's super hairy and today she saw young Kano and got mad because she thought they got rid of "sexy Kano"

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Having tried out a bunch of characters, I'm assuming in the coming months, every character should have 4 tournament variations.
There are a ton of essential playstyles that were left out on the cutting room floor.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I love seeing them try to justify this in real-time.

The only real reason it's online is beacuse they tied in microtransaction currencies. So yeah, sucks for Switch owners.

They should have been honest and just said cause people duped the fuck out of Source Crystals and WB stormed their offices and took the person in charge of designing Millennia Smoke and Rain hostage.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
They should have been honest and just said cause people duped the fuck out of Source Crystals and WB stormed their offices and took the person in charge of designing Millennia Smoke and Rain hostage.

I never heard of any sort of source crystal duping, and if it happened I don't think it was widespread.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Most male skins are trash like Kano. They belong to DoA not MK. I am happy they gave shao kahn a proper outfit instead of trash this time
5c34cccd637208caae00000c.jpeg

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have any impressions of Sub-Zero? I really enjoyed playing his cryomancer variation in MKX, but don't have a good idea of how he plays here.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Something weird happened, i played a Ranked Set first to 3, on the first match my Noob was with the Dead of Night variation wich i choose, won the first match and for the next 2 i was stuck with the other variation Total Blackness

This ain't normal right?

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I just noticed that new fatalities are not unlocked once you performed them.
you can do them, but it will stay locked in the menu and of course you won't see how it's done

that quite the bummer.
of course I understand that it would (and did in the past) make unlocking them in the krypt useless, but on the other hand it makes me question why such an integral part of the game is locked behind tiny random chances anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.