• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Does it make any sense to buy MK on PC? Did they ever fix the issues with MKX? How's the playerbase? Or is there crossplay?

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Cassie was a good character by the time MKX ended. That was the whole point. Curious how the new generation is handled in 11.

Although none of MKX's newcomers have been revealed, who do you think will be a lock based on who NRS seemed to like and the players?

25 slots on the roster, but only 12 story chapters.
I imagine some of MKX's newcomers won't make the cut to make room for legacy characters and newcomers, while others are retained. If all 4 of the Kombat kids make a return at the expense of other character chapters in the story, I could see that being a huge issue for some. Although, it's possible they may do chapters with multiple characters in it like Injustice 2. Terra/Forr and Erron Black felt undercooked. Any chance of Black getting a second go around if the writers feel he has potential?

And would having MK11 with just 2 newcomers diminish some of the luster for what is expected in a fighting game sequel? I always thought that four or five was the sweet spot.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So wait are the next generation of fighter from the last game are they in it or atleast have a role in the game?

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Does it make any sense to buy MK on PC? Did they ever fix the issues with MKX? How's the playerbase? Or is there crossplay?

They did fix it, yes, a while after they said they weren't. The playerbase is dead though, and no crossplay. As a PC person myself, I'm not sure where to go with MK11.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Although none of MKX's newcomers have been revealed, who do you think will be a lock based on who NRS seemed to like and the players?

25 slots on the roster, but only 12 story chapters.
I imagine some of MKX's newcomers won't make the cut to make room for legacy characters and newcomers, while others are retained. If all 4 of the Kombat kids make a return at the expense of other character chapters in the story, I could see that being a huge issue for some. Although, it's possible they may do chapters with multiple characters in it like Injustice 2. Terra/Forr and Erron Black felt undercooked. Any chance of Black getting a second go around if the writers feel he has potential?

And would having MK11 with just 2 newcomers diminish some of the luster for what is expected in a fighting game sequel? I always thought that four or five was the sweet spot.

I think all of them will return in some form. I think the only character that wasn't great was Jax's daughter. She wasn't all that different or even interesting.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0GQh20E.jpg

Scorpion dabbing on his haters

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
London stream had Kitana show up for a bit and a Liu Kang mirror match

Cassie's playable btw

KiQddfl.png

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
That's actually how I was hoping it would work when Boon first mentioned "Fatal Blow". I wonder if Brutalities are still in.

They're in. Scorpion's screen had 2 i think?

London gameplay looked great though! As a filthy casual since the Fatal Blows are pretty the last chance "X Ray moves", are the 4 bars down in the corner the meter burns? I barely saw them used in the one pro match.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
is that alexander gustaffson? lol

I'm actually starting to like this whole event, it fits that kinda trashy MK style well