• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
The game looks really great, if the single player is meaty then I'll pre-order. Anyone know if it will be xbox one x enhanced?

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If the new blood aren't in this I'm calling the police on Ed Boon and then getting arrested for making an erroneous 911 call for no reason

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
London stream had Kitana show up for a bit and a Liu Kang mirror match

Cassie's playable btw

KiQddfl.png
Yes, yes, yes!

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
So did they fix the animations from Injustice 2?
The consensus is no.

Aside from the animations, the game looks pretty damn good. Just when I think they couldn't possibly come up with more ways to mutilate the human body, they dream up some new twisted finishers that make me cringe.

Some aspects like the Fatal Blow come across as a little half-baked (they aren't actually fatal), and the dual meter thing seems a little weird too. But folks who were big into MKX are probably ecstatic that the combo system looks basically the same.

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
The consensus is no.

Aside from the animations, the game looks pretty damn good. Just when I think they couldn't possibly come up with more ways to mutilate the human body, they dream up some new twisted finishers that make me cringe.

Some aspects like the Fatal Blow come across as a little half-baked (they aren't actually fatal), and the dual meter thing seems a little weird too. But folks who were big into MKX are probably ecstatic that the combo system looks basically the same.

Thats a shame. Still excited for it tho

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These are pro streamers? Whose playing exactly because lawd, even I could do better than that.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
These are pro streamers? Whose playing exactly because lawd, even I could do better than that.

They likely haven't spent much time with it. This is how fighters tend to look in the early days when people are figuring out new systems. With that said, Fox is still coming and if anyone can make the game sing right now it's him.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
This is some of the cleanest neutral I've seen in an NRS game.

Seriously. Despite projectiles not clashing and the still iffy animation system, I'm absolutely loving the changes to the systems.

2 Defense meters, 2 offensive meters than only recharge with time? I love the Idea, hopefully it works.

Dash Blocking is back, no running. Just frame push block.

Probably gonna have the best neutral game NRS has ever made. I looooove the slower pace. Just wish there wasnt a block button.

EDIT: Do gotta say I really hate the constant slow downs mid match with those crushing blows. In a game that will already have a slower pace that will get annoying fast.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Would have love to see some Switch version footage.

The game is looking too good to run well on it!

May 26, 2018
Can't watch the video but man why are they getting rid of all of the good voice actors?

Wow... Burch was very solid as Cassie. Losing a lot of successful voices. What's going on?

Scorp, Kitana, Cassie's voices all out. I'm open to the new actors, but there is a bit of MK's identity tied to who has what voice. We're honestly lucky Steve Blum is still Subby.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Wait, when did we decide?
Seems like most folks are saying it looks like MKX from an animation standpoint.

I'm really curious how this game is going to look on the Switch. I know it's not going to match PS4/XB1 pixel-for-pixel, but I am really curious how they're going to go about scaling it down to make it run well. We've seen a few solid ports of UE4 games on the Switch with only minor cutbacks - NBA Playgrounds 1 & 2, Dragon Ball FighterZ, and Snake Pass - but 11 has copious amounts of detail. There's just so much going on in the characters, environments, various particle effects (blood), I can't even fathom how it's going to work and not be like MK9 on Vita.

Also a little concerned about if it's going to be day-and-date with the other versions, especially with the rumors flying. I wish NRS would say something.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No feeling it. It looks slowed down compared to MKX with a lot more indulgent interrupts. The presense of all that customization has everything that is there looking a little undercooked compared to the limited outfit choices in X, but we'll see.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Rewind time eh. So are we gonna soft reboot yet again? Unkill half the cast from 9 and throw out all the kids from X?