• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Kind of a weird backpedal when journos were all seemingly teasing hard about some change we were all going to be happy about. Now people are gonna be disappointed with anything other than the online fee disappearing.

I say Ms drops xblg to $5 a month and possibly ends games with gold. Technically that's still cheaper for people who don't need online play every month and still matches the old yearly msrp. At least has the illusion of not being a price hike.

Kind of pushes everyone to gamepass if you want the best value.

But it was / is already $5 a month if you buy the yearly option, which was the one option they removed at least for now from their store.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
But it was / is already $5 a month if you buy the yearly option, which was the one option they removed at least for now from their store.

I know. It would just be them being sneaky by saying the price is the same or cheaper since you don't have to opt in for a year just to get the lower price anymore.

Funnel anyone who wants the free games stuff into gamepass.

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
I got the impression many of these insiders were sure MP would be going free? Yet now they are saying they never said it??
Don't really care as I always thought there was no way Gold, in whatever form it takes, was going away, but seems like a heap of backtracking.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Okay last one

384299.jpg

Hahahah these fucking "insiders" man. They can't stop embarrassing themselves.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
At this point, the people being so aggressive about it not going free are just setting themselves up for embarrassment. Like, it feels like those folks were contacted by Microsoft.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
"We have no plans" and "at this time" is marketing/PR speak for "something's happening."

actually, marketing/PR speak will be 'we don't comment on rumors' and 'we have nothing to announce at this point'.

I got the impression many of these insiders were sure MP would be going free? Yet now they are saying they never said it??
Don't really care as I always thought there was no way Gold, in whatever form it takes, was going away, but seems like a heap of backtracking.

K9vL.gif

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
He was strongly hinting at it wasn't he?

I saw he said MS isn't forcing people to sub to Game Pass to get access to online MP, we had a thread on that I believe. Also he tweeted saying he's not expecting them to announce the end of the paywall. Outside of that, unless I missed or forgot something, I don't think so.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw he said MS isn't forcing people to sub to Game Pass to get access to online MP, we had a thread on that I believe. Also he tweeted saying he's not expecting them to announce the end of the paywall. Outside of that, unless I missed or forgot something, I don't think so.
Pretty sure people were stacking up "evidence" to prove a scenario they want to believe is happening. Look at this thread, the statement can't get any more clear cut yet we have people in denial

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Microsoft has a lot of money, but no company willfully gives up a couple billion a year without another revenue stream to immediately replace it. Shareholders would have Phil Spencer's head. Y'all got carried away.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Infidelity in a Leaker's Love Life:

"Man Brandy sure was good in bed oh hi honey I was just-"
"Brandy my sister? You cheating fuck get out! I-"
"HEY I NEVER SAID WE HAD SEX"

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
ehm Shpeshal Ed from xboxera just said on twitter:

I consider him highly trustworthy. Can someone here without a gold account or ultimate try?
Some people on reddit are reporting the same.
Might be some extremely weird coincidence though...

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019

I consider him highly trustworthy. Can someone here without a gold account or ultimate try?

Bunch of people on r/xboxone saying the same thing. Wierd time for a free weekend if it isnt a glitch. Maybe sudden Free Play days for all?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bunch of people on r/xboxone saying the same thing. Wierd time for a free weekend if it isnt a glitch. Maybe sudden Free Play days for all?
wow if true, Tom Warren and Jez wouldve been redeemed if they had stuck to their guns.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Took the original rumour as a "I'll believe it when I see it" deal, as I just don't see any of them really wanting to rock that boat much, given how profitable it is and there being pretty much no real outrage for it anymore. So not surprised to see MS shoot it down.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Would be an interesting move to take attention away from tomorrow's State of Play if they actually made it free