Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
What's the best ring out for Jake the dog I usually just do a ton of damage and try to hit them with the RB attack
Skateboard is great for pushing people to the bottom, spiking with his stretchy arm is also really good. Hitting someone with your buns toward the top will usually lead to a ringout as well. Jake has quite a few tools to send people flying.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Any characters I don't play are OP and need nerfs, any characters I do play are bottom tier and need buffs.

This is the law of every competitive game

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
With the merger there is only one man that needs to be added

296884158_1089542635317280_7846764648976912523_n.png

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
Yea idk about Batman needing buffs but they need to actually tackle the priority system situation and an actual recovery frames to moves before buffs and nerfs

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf. This looks insane. I'm pretty good with Velma (ranked 3K atm) but have never done anything close to this. And I honestly don't entirely understand why you are doing here. Care to explain it one more time in noob speech?

Sorry, missed this message. I got a clean clip of it to illustrate it better to help.

Basically after hitting the down spike, you want to immediately buffer the input up+special for photograph and start holding down for fast fall. This makes you start traveling downward after the spike while photograph up+special is starting up letting you chase the spike recovery with your special move. If you're doing spike+photograph loops on stage you already basically are doing 3/4ths of this tech. Depending on the percentage you spiked them at originally and their height above kill floor, you might want to dodge cancel downwards to ensure faster startup/you get extra distance on the photograph to make it combo or catch recovery as I did in the original clip on Jake. If someone jumps upwards into your spike like batman does in this clip it helps it to combo clean and seems either untechable/dodgeable out of or at least EXTREMELY hard requiring a god tier dodge mash to escape on the first frames of recovery for them. This killed at 16% from 0 on batman for example.

Last edited:

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
Any characters I don't play are OP and need nerfs, any characters I do play are bottom tier and need buffs.

This is the law of every competitive game

lmao yep. finn does need some work though, he's a blast to play regardless but still

Just hit rank 3555 in 1v1s as harley

Side note: are we worried about this s1 delay at all?

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I think every character show have at least one armor move, even if it's put on something not very useful.

Batman does need a buff he just need a the grappling hook to be patched.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Man the hitboxes are so infuriating.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mspoUodEKc

2zItAtA.png

In this clip, I see Superman going for his stupid punch spam, so I jump onto his head to spike him. The downspike is one of Wonder Woman's only combo starters so it's the only way I get anything significant off this in this situation, but given his damage (163) it would likely kill outright.

But instead, he hits me like 6 feet above him with his horizontal attack.

I can only imagine, this is because Wonder Woman must have her hurtbox extended downwards when attempting the down air, thus pushing me into his active hitbox, but it's still bullshit all the same.

Wonder Woman is such a cool character but she's really screwed over by the hitboxes and I think the clip above is a really strong example of that. Characters like Superman have attacks that are constantly active and almost surround their entire character, Wonder Woman's attacks are active for a split second, her hurtbox seems to extend ahead of them and the hitbox itself doesn't even extend as far as her animated model.

It's as though the game was balanced by different people with a different design ethos per character. Usually I find in fighting games when you have things like this, it's clear that they resulted from a design mindset that extends across the whole game. For instance early Street Fighter V saw all of the light jabs have a hitbox which extended too far verically, making them strong anti-air options. But in multiversus it feels like some characters have moves that are consistently extremely disjointed, while others have moves which are very conservative.

As Wonder Woman, my sword is passing through people for days. The only move I can rely on is side special but it has slow startup and doesn't lead to anything. Honestly I'm a bit baffled by her gameplan design at times. Her go to combo starter (which only leads to around 30 damage) is her forward grounded attack, cancelled into up special, but in order to land that you have to be stood literally inside of your opponent.

Generally speaking I think they need to make an effort to align the hitboxes with the character models and lower the hitboxes of horizontal attacks so that they can be interrupted above and below more easily.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I see a lot of folks on reddit and youtube asking for a 'priority system' similar to Smash.

I really wouldn't like that in this game, I think they just need to fix the hitboxes. A priority system would just make the 'heavier' moves, a lot stronger than they already are, and I think in most cases they're already the moves with the strongest hitboxes. Advocates for a priority system seem to argue that light attacks shouldn't beat heavy, but I don't agree with that, particularly in a game where it's very hard to punish most moves anyway. In Smash, using heavier moves like Smash attacks carries a lot more risk, so it perhaps makes sense that they are more likely to beat out other moves, but here I feel like it would just invalidate a lot of each characters kit, and players would avoid using low-priority moves as combo starters.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

I think it's cool that they made the game feel very intuitive and friendly to play without filling it with random chaos (item mode). I feel like the 2 vs 2 orientation helps make it feel more casual, even if it might be competitive among certain groups of players.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They haven't announced anything yet, but surely they're planning for season 1 to start as soon as this extended pre-season ends, right? Would be a huge miss from them if they just have no Battle Pass running for an extended period of time.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been a bugfix for Batman's grapple launching him off the screen? Happened to me and someone else a few days ago and I had to bench him entirely.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So yall don't think the weird stuff going on with Warner Bros HBOMax and Discovery is gonna effect this?

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any interesting items to begin with? That aren't just projectiles to pick up and throw.
Sure, there's a few items that can summon assist-trophy-like attackers. Like Mr. Meseeks or the Royal Banana guard. You just gotta make sure you hit the neutral pickup button, because I'm almost positive that hitting attack with a direction is like Z-throwing items in Smash. If you're like me, that might be why you think the only thing items do is to be a projectile you throw.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one getting matched up with partners who don't even try to play and do nothing the entire match? Happened multiple times today.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
You can find this info by looking through the characters' progression rewards in the Collection menu. Besides that, I don't know.
Cool I see now shaggy > 11. Meh I see enough of him online haven't really bothered buying anyone yet but I'll have to throw down for reindog when he rotates out he's too fun + not spammed every match like bugs and finn

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I've been hitting my stride with Garnet. Both a melemonster and a spammy beast. A lot of folks don't seem to realize they are in my shock ball and then I'm pummeling them and all charged up. Then they are getting fists of fury. Can rack up sneaky damage real quick

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, there's a few items that can summon assist-trophy-like attackers. Like Mr. Meseeks or the Royal Banana guard. You just gotta make sure you hit the neutral pickup button, because I'm almost positive that hitting attack with a direction is like Z-throwing items in Smash. If you're like me, that might be why you think the only thing items do is to be a projectile you throw.
Ooooo, you might be right about that! I'll give it a try next time I play, thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.