gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Till this day I don't know how the fuck these guys won album of the year over Frank Ocean's Channel Orange.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
They reminded me of a more pretentious and shitty version of dave mathews band. Nothing of importance will be lost here lol fuck em

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
The only good thing to come out of this band's existence:

If he hadn't missed the part where it's basically nothing but Marcus Mumford talk-singing something, attempting to sound profound, it would have been perfect.

EDIT: Maybe he actually has that. Hard to tell when he's only got a guitar.

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
The only time I ever really heard anyone talking about the band was when my father once called them "Mumford and C*nts*
Seems his appraisal was fitting.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Garbage person. I did like some songs on that one album though, but it's not something I go back to. Best left in 2010.

Statux

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
2012 boomer millenial hipster H&M store "hey!" music. At least Of Monsters and Men had that Nordic personality

Why it is not a surprise that they turn full fash lol

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interrogating Carey Mulligan's politics because of the political views of the banjo player in her husband's band is a hitherto unprecedented level of stretch.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
I liked them back in like 2011 and listened to their first album a ton, but all they really did was introduce me to much better bands like Fleet Foxes. So thanks for that I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
How utterly predictable. At the time they were coming up there were four-piece multi-instrumentalist folk bands coming out of the wazoo. I remember friends excitedly putting on events featuring bands that had once shared dressing rooms or cigarette breaks with one or more of these tossers.

To be a successful folk musician (or pretty much any genre) in the U.K. you have sure as hell gotta come from privilege. Your parents better be minted because you are not going to earn a fraction of a living travelling across Europe playing to half full clubs until you're lucky or good enough to break through. If that wasn't enough god forbid you might have to give up, retrain and find a well paid job to cover your living expenses without well-connected family and friends to sort you out because you are sure as fuck staring at square one in today's economy.

Of course he feels threatened by anything that would even slightly question their place in the world as anything but the product of privilege. Fascism is the security blanket for the privileged.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Hey you know that really annoying indie acoustic song that goes:

Ba ba ba ba ba baaa baa baaaa "Heyy!"
Ba ba ba ba ba baaa baa baaaa "Heyy!"
(repeat 50x)

Is that them? I hope it is so I can hate them more.
So good.
First song that comes to mind is Ho Hey! by The Lumineers.

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
Absolute pack of fannies who are responsible for the late 00s banjo ukulele revival shite heard on pretty much every insurance ad ever. When the UK music industry truly crumbles, it's people like this who will outlast everyone because they were either privately educated or rich to begin with. The UK is a boys club

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm more surprised they are a British band? I always assumed they were a southern American group.

Last edited:

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Their music is as shit as their politics.
Obnoxious generic indie band that was one of the death knells to the genres short lived popularity.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also Jordan Peterson fans? lmao. Holy shit.

Imagine loving all these charlatans from the right and feeling like you are intelligent and wise.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
They were already trash bc little talks was in every trailer in that era, wack song

This justifies all my slander about their "talent"

Forgot they also won over Frank Ocean that year, nonsense

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
The lyrics in White Blank Page always had me suspicious.

"You desired my attention, but denied my affection."

Thats some "nice guy" shit.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't even know this band was still together. I haven't heard from them in years. Yeah they're awful.

Deleted member 9306

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry guys but at this point I'm not surprised when White men turn out to be racist/sexist/sketchy. Like not at all. It's 2021 and Trump almost won a second time. I keep my expectations so low they're in Hell.

Also for this band, it'd be one thing if they were rappers or in a progressive environment, but they're in a country-rock band. Come on now. Also, their music is... a choice (not trying to bash their fans btw) so I'd be surprised if they actually read any books before this one.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've heard of them since their banjo grift stopped paying off and they decided to just be Coldplay for a while. Way to stay relevant I guess.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb white people are easy marks for blatant lies and propaganda.

A tale as old as time.