• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dragon Balls and Viewtiful Average Joe had a baby and this is it.

Looks cool.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Just saw the gameplay. Bakugo vs. Deku. Damn. That looked bad.

Still getting it, though.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I could have done without the fighting on the side of the building though.Cant really justify it for some of the characters (at least in Naruto it could be justified because of walking on wall jutsu).

But otherwise this looks like a fun game and if they dont charge full price it will be a blast.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay is fine but it looks a bit bad and I am not a fan of the wall thing.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i dunno, it doesn't look terrible, i mean what else do you expect from an MHA brawler game
that's how it's going to look like
probably just need better animation

Oct 25, 2017
Hell, I'm still stuck on Shiggy being able to move that fast.

I can live without playable Sanji. I don't give a shit about Black Clover, so I'm good lol

64dd1982d31386a7962331e357663be27fc80a73_hq.gif

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Like others have said, too many graphical elements. The amount of environmental destruction flying around was way too aggressive, like the world was constantly exploding. The words popping up takes away from the characters in a way that steals a little too much attention, and lessens their actual physical abilities. It's gotta be early though, so hopefully things get improved and polished before release. The gameplay could have been far worse looking though. This seems serviceable.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Eeeeeehhhhhh

I mean, it doesn't look awful, but I'm getting some J-Stars & Jojo: Eyes of Heaven vibes & those games had characters that were either "oh hey, this character is awesome & has a wide moveset" or "ugh, this character barely has any moves & it's not fun to play as them", resulting in very "meh, they're fine" titles.

I would probably pay $20 for it, maybe $30 if the reviews are above average, but considering how many times Namco puts their anime games on sale & the reception for their other arena style fighting games (throw in One Piece Burning Blood in there as well), I'll just wait & skip it at launch.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of reminds me of the old Ps2 Ultimate Spider-Man game graphically but it's too busy.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dont like how dull the colors looked honestly, should be brighter. The could probably cool it on the destruction effects too... but I dont think its garbo at all.

I love the sound effects popping up since BnH always had this cranked up western comic feel that was toned down in the anime adaption. Its the one thing I liked in the DS game before this one. There is a distinct lack of effects on the characters moves an animations though (there should be waaaaaay more green lighting flying around for deku for example) that I hope gets added in later in development.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much like I expected in terms of ground movement, but the way the combo system changes the camera in a similar manner to a naruto game seems to be emphasizing that this is a 1v1 affair. This game is probably going to be good, and better than the average anime tie in (yes, even CC2 naruto), but not a gundam. Not sure why they needed wall running.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I thought it looked fun. Nothing deep, but mindlessly fun. Which is what I want in a fanservice anime brawler/fighter.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017