• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy dressed as All Might wasn't the VA, lol. This is Miyake Kenta, All Might's seiyuu:

Kzo6ZiM.png

No idea who the cosplay guy was, probably only an announcer. This is usual for japanese streams.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Those bits of gameplay make it look fun. Not sure why they have the gravity defying fighting part for but aside from that, game's on my list.Also, cant tell if they have the same composer from the anime working on this game.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I hoped it wouldn't be yet another fighting game, in the end it is and as expected don't look too hot.
That Seven Deadly Sins effect.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It looks sort of okay which is how the majority of licensed anime fighters look.

This ain't Dragon Ball Fighterz that's for damn sure.

Abyss

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of that gameplay, it looks bad, but it is early so hopefully they make changes

Oct 25, 2017
I claim that based on nothing other than I've played about 6 Byking "serious" fighting games in the past 7 years and they were all 6/10 at the worst and 9/10 at best - in terms of complexity, responsive controls, smooth movement, and great feedback (moves and movement). Meanwhile, I've touched very little Naruto, but from what I remember from the demos of 1, 2, and 4 that I've played: there was a lot of pressing circle, a direction, and sometimes wailing on the substitute button. You also have to gather super through beating on peeps, in the environment scattered around, or standing still and charging (and trying not to get hit while doing this), right?

Production values? When I hear Naruto and production values, I take it you mean fantastic battle cinematics? Yeah, ok those are better. But when I'm actually trying to fight somebody, the most I want in the way of that is small quick comebacks (Rage Arts/Drives) and cuts to insert-mode-here activations (i.e. gundam vs). Not a 15-25 second (non-story mode) cinematic (which this game seems to have, unfortunately).

EDIT: I mean, the dashing and shooting is Byking to a T. Dashing on the ground is for covering distance and conserving boost for closing in the air. In normal Byking, you kinda dash around them, maintain a certain distance, and then use attacks, which home (but you can dash cancel in several ways for mixups.)

The ground running in this title is new in that it looks slicker than it normally is. In this game, characters seem to have more momentum. They lean into turns and can slide around opponents on the ground.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So, basically, Anarchy Reigns type game?

Not really.

In typical Byking fighters, there is an emphasis on dodging, air dashing, move canceling, and boost/super/ammo meter management. Most of your time is spent in the air. This all comes before blocking/guarding, which is possible and necessary for high level play, but is comes later on the list of importance. Most are team vs affairs. In Gunslinger arcade, you have to aim like time crisis/hotd, the lock on just orientates your screen space. In Gunslinger PC you aimed with the mouse, but could lock on just the same. In Gundam/ROI, attacks home, with varying degrees of effectiveness depending on distance, or whether melee or projectiles are involved (nearly everything homes, projectile or melee). Projectiles are the primary way of getting things done, but these games usually all have decently varied and meaty melee. Some characters are built primarily around melee. This game might change this chain around (but not alter it much) because its one on one. Even Magician's Dead (the leap motion control one) is pretty complex for an arcade game, perhaps too much for its own good (it slows the pace down). Should've used leftover wii mote molds for that one, along with the obvious nunchuck molds. Byking games also have a safety system that drops you out of combos after a certain damage threshold, even in the air.

Anarchy is more of a brute force team or solo classic-esque 3D brawler. Movement is ground based, with some air jumps and attacks, but they are not the primary way of getting things done. Dashing is ground only and unlimited. Meter management was just for your kill moves and there was an anime "Kenshiro Punch" invincibility mode. Turtling with your shield was easy and dumb. You could break it, but punishment honestly wasn't that serious. Projectiles are... not even tertiary in the system and were mostly either based on junk you could find in the battlefield or items from boxes. Aiming was iffy and kinda borked over the bad netcode and was either auto aimed based on your general direction and lock on (press O and get success a lot of the time) or manual (and it sucked badly). You could do a lot of neat combos, some more complex than a Byking game, but there was no cancelling, and no real mix up stuff if I remember right. No opportunity for style, because it was a madhouse dash to try and kill as quickly as possible or get stun locked to death by one of the many never patched infinites.

Byking really needs to put themselves out there more in the west, y'all are missing out.

Last edited: