Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

It's unfortunate, but I can't say that I'm surprised.

Source: Bandai Namco US (Twitter)

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Then Namco Bandai will not get my money, at least not day 1. Charging $60, not having a same date release as Japan, no dub? Get outta here with that.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That is a same, One For All's English voice is great

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Heard the dub in theaters. YOU ARE MISSING NOTHING!!! I wish the game looked more fun to play, then I'd have interest

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
This is par the course for Namco Bandai when it comes to any anime games that aren't already super profitable properties.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The english dub is airing right now on toonami every Saturday, why this game specifically that doesnt justify the English dub?

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Not surprised, hardly any of their anime games do. Also I just want to say that "My Hero One's Justice" is one of the worst game titles in recent memory.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Then Namco Bandai will not get my money, at least not day 1. Charging $60, not having a same date release as Japan, no dub? Get outta here with that.

Yeah, I don't get these releases sent to die. It's not gonna sell so why bother?

A ton of the English voice actors do a great job. Be it Deku, Bakugo, All Might, & a ton of others, Funimation is fucking killing it with the dub.

For real. All Might in particular is so fucking good. I'm playing a buff cleric in my current DnD campaign and I shoot for All Might's dub voice to really hammer in that personality type lol

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Given the western fanbase for this game, and how it's basically the new DBZ or Naruto in popularity, not including an English dub is utterly insane.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a little tired of these fighting only anime cash grabs anyway. It's too bad too because this is the one anime I've actually liked in years.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Dont know about their specific performances in the movie but in the show they are great

They're great in the movie too. You can't account for people who have no taste and an irrational hate of dubbed anime. These are the same people who'll call it Boku No Hero Academia despite the fact the English name was on the cover of chapter 1.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I'm so used to the Japanese voices from the anime that it doesn't affect me directly.
Having said that, its popularity is so big in the west that it should have some kind of dub, I agree.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
FUNimation kills it with their dubs and BN continuing to be cheap and lazy with their releases is bullshit. I don't think MHA is particularly great, or that this game will be any good, but the fact that they continue to cheap out on this stuff is infuriating.

My dreams of a dubbed One Piece game will never happen.

Also, we're in 2018 and people are still banging on about subs vs dubs? Yo, having a preference is fine, but continuing to push the false narrative that dubs are inferior is pathetic. Get over it.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I know nothing about the game, but in terms of dubs, it's a top tier series. I saw the movie with subs and couldn't get into it at all.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Shame. All anime games should have a dub nowadays. Hell, i would love if yakuza started to get dual audio. It expands your audience.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I would assume it's money and the audience for this type of game typically either not caring about dubs or hating them.

It's for sure them being cheap and lazy with the localization of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a Tales of Hearts R/SAO situation where not only is it sub only but the sub is poorly translated.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Weird to hear that so many like the dub version. I watched the entire series (so far) with subs and caught a couple episodes of the english dub on tv and couldn't stand it.

edit: Either way, this is a poor decision by Bandai Namco, especially for a full price title.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
I hope this game bombs.

So why did they wait 2 months after Japan to release this again? It'll probably be riddled with typos and crappy translations like their other games.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Shame. All anime games should have a dub nowadays. Hell, i would love if yakuza started to get dual audio. It expands your audience.

Eh, I think Yakuza is an exception. It's more like watching a foreign film.

Yakuza is weird since they did dub it, but the cost to dub it and the poor sales really hurt the series localization efforts for awhile. Now that the series has a solid footprint in the west they could easily dub it and have it still be profitable, but you'd start dubbing in the middle of the story which is weird.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
FUNimation kills it with their dubs and BN continuing to be cheap and lazy with their releases is bullshit. I don't think MHA is particularly great, or that this game will be any good, but the fact that they continue to cheap out on this stuff is infuriating.

My dreams of a dubbed One Piece game will never happen.

Also, we're in 2018 and people are still banging on about subs vs dubs? Yo, having a preference is fine, but continuing to push the false narrative that dubs are inferior is pathetic. Get over it.

Looks at Monkey's Paw...

YOUR WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED!

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
....And now I've gone from reluctant about my cancellation to glad I cancelled my preorder.

MHA is very much one of the biggest anime properties in the West right now, there's zero reason to not dub a game based on it. This isn't Fairy Tail or Seven Deadly Sins, this is like legit getting to be as mainstream as Naruto was at it's peak. And they dubbed the extremely subpar "Naruto to Boruto" that just came out, soooo... Yeah.

It does look fun so I'll probably pick it up later, but now, unlike before this confirmation, definitely not at full price. I'll spend that money on the Blu Rays instead.

Like take notice of Sega and their dub of the FotNS Yakuza spinoff Bamco, seriously.
Looks at Monkey's Paw...

YOUR WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED!

YA YO YA YO
OH OHHHH
SET SAIL FOR ONE PIECE

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
More options are good, but I liked the sub leagues better than the dub anyway, so I guess it wouldn't have affected me much anyway. Still unfortunate for those who have been watching with the dub though.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza is weird since they did dub it, but the cost to dub it and the poor sales really hurt the series localization efforts for awhile. Now that the series has a solid footprint in the west they could easily dub it and have it still be profitable, but you'd start dubbing in the middle of the story which is weird.
The Japanese performances are extremely important to the way the cutscenes are directed though. This wouldn't be like your typical anime/JRPG dub. I mean more options aren't a bad thing necessarily, I just don't understand why anyone would prefer to play Yakuza specifically with a dub.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean Dubs great, but the game still looks like a blast. Also while the anime side has proven itself this is the first game in the franchise to release in the west. Also still hammering out the OT title(I've been working on it, look forward to posting it)

Lazrgatr

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
The weebs who make up the majority of the sales would never touch a dub anyways. No point in flushing money down the toilet.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
That's true but i could see them/hoping dubbing the upcoming Shin Yakuza since that's a brand new story.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It's proof that it hasn't quite hit the Naruto/DBZ level yet, those being the only two franchises that Namco Bandai bothers dubbing.